collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random pony thoughts thread -- post here!  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Random pony thoughts thread -- post here!
« on: November 27, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »
We had one of these a while ago and I thought I'd start one up again. It's a place to share your random pony thoughts of any kind -- what ponies are you thinking about, what questions do you have, who are you trying to find or who have you just bought, did you have a terrible day when someone snatched a Mimic out of your hands or a wonderful one where you found the whole TAF baby set MIP? Anything pony-related is fair game. This is the place you post a thought when it doesn't merit a thread of its own but you have to get it out of your brain. :P

I'll start with a random thought. I just realized that I take it for granted that the flutter pony toys have no wings. That's just how they are. But really, they're all technically broken . . . I noticed it when for the umpteenth time a seller on Ebay described a flutter as having had its wings broken off, and I was like, "oh, yeah, I'd pretty much forgotten." It's kind of sad, really. They look so pretty with their wings.

^so there's my very random thought of the day. Add yours!

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Random pony thoughts thread -- post here!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 08:59:46 PM »
I like this idea! Thanks for starting it.

Today I was looking at my small shelf where I have some of my ponies displayed (the rest are still in a couple tubs because there's no room at my current place, sad) and I wondered if they all got along! Hahaha. Because, I have 8 kinda random G1's, and then one baby G1 with a fakie baby next to it (I found them together, couldn't leave the poor fakie), one G3, one G4 (Princess Luna, who is bigger than the rest), and then this weird dragon/unicorn thing I found recently.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »
We had one of these a while ago and I thought I'd start one up again. It's a place to share your random pony thoughts of any kind -- what ponies are you thinking about, what questions do you have, who are you trying to find or who have you just bought, did you have a terrible day when someone snatched a Mimic out of your hands or a wonderful one where you found the whole TAF baby set MIP? Anything pony-related is fair game. This is the place you post a thought when it doesn't merit a thread of its own but you have to get it out of your brain. :P

I'll start with a random thought. I just realized that I take it for granted that the flutter pony toys have no wings. That's just how they are. But really, they're all technically broken . . . I noticed it when for the umpteenth time a seller on Ebay described a flutter as having had its wings broken off, and I was like, "oh, yeah, I'd pretty much forgotten." It's kind of sad, really. They look so pretty with their wings.

^so there's my very random thought of the day. Add yours!

So true. I always wonder why the fragility of the wings was never remedied by Hasbro. You'd think it'd be obvious during production and certainly after the first set of flutters was released.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 12:44:15 AM »
I have decided that a line up of the back sides of ponies is just as good as the head end, its nice to get a good view of the symbols for a change

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 02:17:58 AM »
I'm still doing my pony room three years after moving house. Why did I start doing the G3s first? I want more G1s out  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 08:26:28 AM »
I wonder if I'll ever find some of my childhood favourite G3s in second-hand shops

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 09:07:25 AM »
I have too many G3s.  I really need to go through them and get rid of any that I just don't have room for.  But I'm Paypal illiterate and I really don't want to pay fees on eBay.  So that kind of keeps me from going through them even though I REALLY need to.  (I think I have 5 or 6 Banker's boxes full of them-not including the baity ones that I've set aside for customs.)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 07:40:59 PM »
Nice idea.  :)

I finally found the other pearly G4s at Target today and I really want Colorataura.  But, I'm on a "no buying myself stuff" freeze until after Christmas. 
What's a pony collector to do?  :D
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 09:33:31 PM »
Nice idea.  :)

I finally found the other pearly G4s at Target today and I really want Colorataura.  But, I'm on a "no buying myself stuff" freeze until after Christmas. 
What's a pony collector to do?  :D

Put a note on it that says it's from Santa and put it under the tree?

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 11:15:30 PM »
I haven't watched the cartoon for a long time but....  did the 3 kids (Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle) ever get their symbols?  As a G1 collector, it just doesn't seem right!
(I know we had Ember and Baby Pony, but still.)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 11:17:21 PM »
I haven't watched the cartoon for a long time but....  did the 3 kids (Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle) ever get their symbols?  As a G1 collector, it just doesn't seem right!

Yes.  I think it was in Season 5.

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 03:02:09 AM »

They did get their symbols! Like Pokeyonekenobie said, they got them during the fifth season. I personally don't like them all that much. They just don't look... right to me? I dunno. *Shrugs*

Spoiler

As for random pony thoughts...

• How are ponies able to (sometimes) pick up things with their hooves?
  • Are Twinkle Eye Ponies able to see at all? If so, how good is their vision?
  • Can ponies have food allergies like we do? What about Chronic Illnesses?
  • What if Hasbro made the Flutter Wings' wings fragile on purpose in hopes that parents and kids would go out and buy more and more replacement ponies?

...That last one is really more of a silly conspiracy theory than anything else.  :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:25:12 AM by Olympus »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 04:05:05 AM »

• How are ponies able to (sometimes) pick up things with their hooves?
  • Are Twinkle Eye Ponies able to see at all? If so, how good is their vision?

I am always wondering how ponies pick stuff up with their hooves. Are they magnetic like some of the G3 ponies? Is it hoofmagic? Do ponies with stinky feet get paranoid when they are wafting their hooves around other ponies faces? Do ponies even get stinky feet? Or athletes hoof? Do ponies get BO?

AS for twinkle eyes I always imagine they have amazingly good eyesight and that everything is just a little bit sparkly :) Then I think, what if the sparkles induce migraines? Do some TE ponies have to have an eye op to reduce the sparkle so they don't get migraines? Who does the op? How does the surgeon pony hold the knife? Can only unicorns be surgeon ponies?

And that is the state of my brain when I am trying to switch off.  :lol:

OMG can ponies wear contact lenses? How do non-unicorns get them in? Is there a unicorn contact lense insertion service in Ponyville?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 04:57:43 AM »
Put a note on it that says it's from Santa and put it under the tree?

I second this! :thumb:

Are Twinkle Eye Ponies able to see at all? If so, how good is their vision?
Maybe they can hardly see . . . and they bump into things . . . at least that's how I would be, if my eyes were made out of/covered in? crystal . . . Mainly for this reason the idea of twinkle-eyed ponies has actually always seemed strange to me, although I like them in general :blush:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 07:26:05 AM »
AS for twinkle eyes I always imagine they have amazingly good eyesight and that everything is just a little bit sparkly :) Then I think, what if the sparkles induce migraines? Do some TE ponies have to have an eye op to reduce the sparkle so they don't get migraines? Who does the op? How does the surgeon pony hold the knife? Can only unicorns be surgeon ponies?

I always figured that they had the multifaceted eyes like bugs so they just see a hundred different things at once like bugs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal