collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney moana thread!  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Disney moana thread!
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:25:23 AM »
Omg squeeee! I saw this on Friday, and I was absolutely blown away! Moana is the best Disney film in a while!

The art, the story, the characters, the music! I was completely enthralled in this film! It really touched me spiritually, I was quite surprised. What I loved about this film was that it was so captivating without a romance story woven into it! I was stunned when my friend pointed it out, I didn't even notice!

What are your thoughts? Have you seen it yet? Love it? Hate it? Meh? Heihei is my new fave!!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney moana thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 04:05:54 AM »
I saw the movie on thanksgiving and absolutely loved it!! I have to admit that it wasn't what I was expecting, but I think it was better then what I imagined.

All of the characters felt so realistic, but especially moana.

Somebody said that they never actually said that they were in hawaii, but I do not think that they were in hawaii. They seemed to be in another Polynesian island or something and at the end of the movie they were sailing to Hawaii. I'm not sure tho.

The animation was top notch quality, even tho Pixar created 3D animation, and that I usually like those better, Disney seems to have really close quality when it comes to realism, even tho I still think that Pixar has the better animation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 08:08:02 AM »
I loved it too! Heihei is my favorite  ^.^ My bf ordered me a plush of him from the Disney Store  :lol:

It was top notch! The music especially was wonderful- I've been listening to the soundtrack on loop!
"Shiny" was the sleeper hit...where did it come from? Who cares, I loved it!

Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »
It was an enjoyable outing by Disney.  Disney has been getting into anti-heroes lately, Nick in Zootopia and Maui in here, and they've really breathed life the stories.  As was stated by the OP, we had a male and female character working together without a hint of romance.

The animation of the water was especially fantastic.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Kanchii

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 11:04:41 AM »
I can't wait to see it! Hopefully next week I'll get a chance to.

clonecommander

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:39:29 AM »
I hope to see this, as I normally have no love for 'mainstream' Disney films........ But then I saw the trailers, and heard wind that the actor that was Jango Fett and all of the clones in Star Wars Episodes II and III voiced one of the characters, that got my attention real fast....I can't remember his name at the moment, but if I recall he's a New Zealand native. So, yeah, now I actually want to see a 'mainstream' Disney film. Never thought that would happen after how overdone 'Frozen' became.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 01:49:23 PM »
I hope to see this, as I normally have no love for 'mainstream' Disney films........ But then I saw the trailers, and heard wind that the actor that was Jango Fett and all of the clones in Star Wars Episodes II and III voiced one of the characters, that got my attention real fast....I can't remember his name at the moment, but if I recall he's a New Zealand native. So, yeah, now I actually want to see a 'mainstream' Disney film. Never thought that would happen after how overdone 'Frozen' became.

Doooo it!! It's on a whole nother level than frozen!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
I was so happy to have a better flowing musical this time around than the blunder that Frozen is. Lyrics that actual add some context to what is going on in the plot rather than Let it Go over and over. I saw someone up above mention Hawaii, while they are pushing the merch in Hawaii and their resort there quite a bit I do believe this story is about the islands near to Hawaii. My bf's mother lives out there so we've been discussing it quite a bit along with pokemon vs Hawaii lol! Malasadas are a huge deal out there for you pokemon fans! I'm glad to hear it is doing well I was unsure how well it would go over here being in a land locked state.

As for the characters I was really happy with them all, though I wish they had spent some more time in the monster world. I think Shiny is my current favorite villain song
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 05:36:52 PM »
I thought it was great! I loved the music! I might be the odd one out, but I thought "Shiny" was unnecessary. It wasn't my favorite song.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 06:43:08 AM »
I thought it was great! I loved the music! I might be the odd one out, but I thought "Shiny" was unnecessary. It wasn't my favorite song.
  With how little time is spent in the monster world it really is unnecessary other than a catchy break from the main storyline. Which is why I wish there had been a bit more development in that area.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »
Id love to see it eventually :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »
  With how little time is spent in the monster world it really is unnecessary other than a catchy break from the main storyline. Which is why I wish there had been a bit more development in that area.

Well that and I felt like the crab (and his song) were way too similar to Jermaine Clements character in Rio. It was like a repeat of the same thing. The songs even start the same.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »
The previews look super cute. Hopefully I'll see it eventually- I really like the idea of it.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 10:33:40 PM »
Saw it Saturday.  I'm a big Lin-Manuel Miranda fan (as well as a big Disney fan,) so I was super excited!  It did not disappoint me; I loved it.  :)

Somebody said that they never actually said that they were in hawaii, but I do not think that they were in hawaii. They seemed to be in another Polynesian island or something and at the end of the movie they were sailing to Hawaii. I'm not sure tho.

I was under the impression that it was meant to be Pacific Islander or Samoan?  This article suggests Samoan, although it admits that Disney has been rather vague.  :)

http://www.tahiti-infos.com/The-true-origins-of-Disney-princess-Moana_a142314.html
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 05:24:04 AM »
i watched it, and i guess its just me, but i didnt really enjoy it. some parts were predictable and boring, no offence to anyone who enjoyed it. just my personal opinion.
:happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal