collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Never-produced G1 playset - Flutter Hideaway  (Read 4460 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Never-produced G1 playset - Flutter Hideaway
« on: November 26, 2016, 01:48:40 AM »
Did anyone else see this?  Someone on the MLP facebook group posted it.  It was designed by Ruth Bush, who worked for Hasbro, and she also posted some of her original artwork and designs for the playset from 30 years ago.  I'd never heard of it before!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's the link!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1242308942479772&set=gm.916792798451554&type=3&theater

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Never-produced G1 playset - Flutter Hideaway
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:14:21 AM »
Oh my gosh. That would have been amazing! It super cute!
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 02:16:59 AM »
I never heard of this either, but I bet it was to cash in on either the movie or the sequel. I wonder if it got scrapped because Paradise Estate was already so expensive for families to buy, or whether it was more in the lines of how easily flutters broke (and putting them inside a building is not going to help with that).

It's super cute either way :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 02:34:44 AM »
I saw this in a thread a while back. I heard that it and a lot of other ideas from that time got scrapped because of what was happening to the economy at the time. No point making all these toys when people wouldn't be able to afford to buy them.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 05:17:42 AM »
Oh my gosh, that is so cute!! :lovey: Now I wish that they never scrapped it...... :sad: I would've loved to own one!

It's so much fun finding out about stuff like this though!!

My MLP Tumblr

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 05:55:05 AM »
I never heard of this either, but I bet it was to cash in on either the movie or the sequel. I wonder if it got scrapped because Paradise Estate was already so expensive for families to buy, or whether it was more in the lines of how easily flutters broke (and putting them inside a building is not going to help with that).

It's super cute either way :)
I saw this in a thread a while back. I heard that it and a lot of other ideas from that time got scrapped because of what was happening to the economy at the time. No point making all these toys when people wouldn't be able to afford to buy them.
Ruth thought it was possibly due to Hasbro deciding there was too many playsets and canceled it. Apparently the basic house was to be used for Fairytails as well. Of course there was likely several reasons for it not to be made
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 07:00:32 AM »
I saw it in a pony fair thread! I would love to have something similar or a repro!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 07:45:01 AM »
OMG!!  I love it!!  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:

That would have been very adorable...such a shame it wasn't made.  :sad:

I would've loved to have had that for the flutter ponies...and a movie sequel, for that matter...
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 07:58:02 AM »
Here's the thread from a couple of months ago: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380943.0.html

What's the name of the facebook group? It seems I can't access the link unless I'm a member of it, and I'm wondering if anything I haven't seen was posted. :)

One reason it was cancelled was probably as people have said, there were already enough playsets as it was. Also I think Hasbro might originally have planned for the Flutter Ponies to be a bigger thing than what turned out. They were heavily promoted in the movie, and the animation shows a huge swarm of them. But they turned out to be fragile, and probably didn't sell as well as Hasbro had expected (since there was only four new flutters the year after their release before they disappeared entirely).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 09:19:30 AM »
Here's the thread from a couple of months ago: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380943.0.html

What's the name of the facebook group? It seems I can't access the link unless I'm a member of it, and I'm wondering if anything I haven't seen was posted. :)

One reason it was cancelled was probably as people have said, there were already enough playsets as it was. Also I think Hasbro might originally have planned for the Flutter Ponies to be a bigger thing than what turned out. They were heavily promoted in the movie, and the animation shows a huge swarm of them. But they turned out to be fragile, and probably didn't sell as well as Hasbro had expected (since there was only four new flutters the year after their release before they disappeared entirely).

Good points. But don't you mean seven new Flutters?

The second set, plus the birthday party, slumber party and mo? Or am I confusing the dates they were released?

Ah well, makes em easier to collect anyway.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 10:17:44 AM »
You are correct! I forgot the slumber party gift pack! Hollywood and the birthday pack I believe were released during year 4 (although they may have been available during year 5 too).

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »
I love this, so cute.Shame it was never released.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 04:12:53 PM »

The pictures in that thread are such a tease!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »

The pictures in that thread are such a tease!

:dropjaw: the "yarny" ponies in that last photo look so awesome!!!!!!! curse you hasbro !!!!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
I just liked her Facebook page :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal