collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you know me? 12" Doll ID - Possible You & Me from TRU?  (Read 948 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Do you know me? 12" Doll ID - Possible You & Me from TRU?
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:21:31 AM »
So, I got this doll when I was a little kid. Sometime before I even remember, so she's probably from 1990 - 1995 maybe possibly earlier.

I'm pretty sure she's just a cheap made in China doll, as evidenced by "CHINA" being on the back of her head. But I'd love if anyone had some information about it.
Her scalp is marked with TS14 and the top of each arm is marked HC.

She has blue BBEs, vinyl head/arms/feet. Her head is held on by the zip tie, and the limbs were sewn in a way so that the fabric on the body held them in place.

She has long platinum blonde hair that hair is rooted and has huge bald spots. There is a ring of hair around her scalp, and then a row down the middle. She does have bangs but they are no longer placed correctly. They used to curl over her forehead from behind her hairline.

I believe the nightgown she is wearing is what she came with. It used to be elastic around her wrists and tight around her neck but has since stretched out. Nightgown IDed as Fisher Price Mandy

I've been working on restoring her since she's kind of mess now, so sorry if some of the pictures are duplicates.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

UPDATE - I found a very similar doll on ebay that has a tag. It looks like they are on very similar molds, same eyes, and same body construction, same hair rooting. The tag calls it a "You & Me" doll sold by Toys R Us. Seller estimates the doll at 16 years old at the oldest so she would be newer than mine. They look like they could be sisters. I'm debating if I want to get my hands on the sister looking doll or not.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:35:27 PM by duenia »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know me? 12" Doll ID
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 09:01:39 AM »
The nightgown is Fisher Price Mandy from 1970's.  It is not original to this doll. I have no idea who the doll is though.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:32:15 AM »
The nightgown is Fisher Price Mandy from 1970's.  It is not original to this doll. I have no idea who the doll is though.

Hmm thanks. That likely means the nightgown is from my mom's collection. My mom thinks the nightgown is original to her as well which leads me to think it's possible the doll is from her stuff as well? She used to collect dolls and toys and would occasionally give me pieces of it as a kid.

Edit: Looks like now I know where her hat came from as well. I showed my mom Mandy and she remembers her now. That makes this about 10 times more interesting lol.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:39:14 AM by duenia »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »
No I am not thinking she is from the 70's.  That is my era and I know how the dolls are constructed.  She looks later to me in facial features.  I never say never, but I think what happened is you had your mothers stuff and you dressed a later doll with it because, that nightgown was super cute. I have my Mandy and that nightgown went on many dolls when I played with her.  So, newer doll wearing vintage clothing.  The doll doesn't look like a doll I have ever seen.  So, sadly without any other marks than china she could have been bought at a grocery store, dime store or place like Big Lots, Walmart, or even KMart/Ross and other places like that.  It may be hard to find her specifically.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 04:37:53 PM »
Hard isn't impossible though ;) And wouldn't have a shot if I didn't at least try.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 04:44:07 PM »
Yea keep trying.  You could do a basic blond doll search or doll with white hair.  Her hair was designed to be in one pony tail by the looks of the rooting.  She is a little girl doll rather than a baby.  You could also look at Ghost of a doll.  I spent years trying to identify one of my childhood dolls and finally found her.  wehwwww its work sometimes.  Good luck.  The bald spot is intentional.  They save money this way.  That is another indication of her being later.  They just root for a pony tail and leave the middle out.  Drives me crazy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:46:18 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »
Yea keep trying.  You could do a basic blond doll search or doll with white hair.  Her hair was designed to be in one pony tail by the looks of the rooting.  She is a little girl doll rather than a baby.  You could also look at Ghost of a doll.  I spent years trying to identify one of my childhood dolls and finally found her.  wehwwww its work sometimes.  Good luck.  The bald spot is intentional.  They save money this way.  That is another indication of her being later.  They just root for a pony tail and leave the middle out.  Drives me crazy.

Either the pony tail, it braids really nicely, and she has two rows of plugs down the middle which has allowed for nice pigtails in the past.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 04:53:17 PM »
Yes if it is plugged down the middle then it may have been braided or two pig tails.  I couldn't tell that from the photos I looked at.  Good luck in your search.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 04:55:36 PM »
Yes if it is plugged down the middle then it may have been braided or two pig tails.  I couldn't tell that from the photos I looked at.  Good luck in your search.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal