collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Ponycon  (Read 680 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
UK Ponycon
« on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:52 AM »
I am hoping this years is in the south west, I went to Cardiff three years ago and thanks to anxiety and being really heavily pregnant I missed loads.

I would love for it to be held at the Travelodge at Taunton, or the Holiday Inn - amazing travel links, nice location, Pizza Hut nearby.... :D Even better would be the new Premier Inn/Holiday Inn/whatever it is being built at Minehead. No Pizza Hut but the beach is right nearby.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: UK Ponycon
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:47:30 AM »
I think you mean next year :)
As long it's easy to reach with plane and public transport I will be there too.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:26:01 AM »
Aside from the 2 years of Leicester, it usually moves, and it was north this year, so a southerly one makes sense next year. Although I admit that for me I would like it to be back in the midlands, because I can get to that easily from both my current locations (London and Welsh Borders). And I would like to try and have a stall at the next one, but I don't drive, so it depends entirely on how easy it is to get to. My sister wanted to come this year to leeds but it was too difficult for her from Oxford. Her boyfriend has a ton of family in your part of the world, though, so I guess the southwest would suit her too. However the location has to take into consideration transport from different parts of the country. Some people are way up in the north and so Taunton would be prohibitive for those people to get to. Ponycon can't cater for everyone but I think they try and make it as accessible for as many as they can, so really far locations tend to be avoided.

Bristol might be okay, though. I remember LadyG said that they try and make it within reach of an airport for the European contingent who always come to share the party, and so Bristol may make sense. I'd still like to see it back in Birmingham, though...it's been a long while.

Last year they did a poll on locations for ponycon. I don't know if there's been/will be one this time for the next one?

It's always October though, so there's quite a while before we'll know where it will run next time. I imagine the committee have some ideas but it takes a while to settle it all.

Leeds was fine but I'd rather not go up there again, it's not the most convenient journey for me xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:31:48 AM »
If it's in Cambridge/East Anglia area I'll be there

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 11:41:30 AM »
I think you mean next year :)

Oopsie, yeah  :blush: Unless there is a special Xmas one I don't know about  :rofl:

I love that Ponycon moves yearly, it gives us all a chance to hope it'll be in our part of the world :D Obviously you can't make everyone happy but by moving about a lot of people will eventually end up happy.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »
Heh can I vote Cheltenham Racecourse??  Its a pony kinda place and the functions area is called The Centaur (and its like a 20 min drive from my house LOL!!)  Its in Gloucestershire BTW xx

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 09:49:20 PM »
A few years ago it was at the race course in Brighton. Not everyone liked that idea so I don't think the organization will do that again.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 05:26:46 AM »
A few years ago it was at the race course in Brighton. Not everyone liked that idea so I don't think the organization will do that again.
I literally don't remember how I got to the venue in Brighton. I remember it was easy to get to from my lodgings in London, and I remember trying to find the station from the pier in the dark on my own on a crazy Saturday night (don't recommend that...) but I literally don't remember anything about the venue. Just the pony stalls inside, nothing else. Was it at the racecourse? Wow, my brain...

I think hotels make good venues, although I admit while Leeds wasn't my favourite destination because of the journey, I loved it being in the same place as stuff I study, so I could do ponies and japanese warriors in the same day and legitimately call the trip 'fieldwork'.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 09:06:47 AM »
IMO, i prefer it when Ponycon is in a hotel as it makes everything so much easier. Location wise, i'll likely travel to wherever it is, however i think the midlands is the best choice. I really liked Leicester and admit i'd like to see it return to Birmingham. The problem with Ponycon is the size of the event. It's now too large for most hotel function rooms while being too small for event buildings with larger spaces. I thought the committee this year did an excellent job with the venue in Leeds as it had everything the event needs :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal