collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wind drifter - ribbon help needed  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Wind drifter - ribbon help needed
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »
Hmmm I have Semi MIB Cloud Puff with a edged pale green ribbon not blue :huh: she comes with all her accessories including phamphlet and unused sticker.

Babydoll~

One day, I swear I am going to sneak into your pony collection and nab those two. I still think they're awesome. :)

Hehe well not before I nab your MIB NFT Baby Lickety Split first! :P

Curses, a counter-attack!

In all seriousness, though, there are so few surviving UK things still out there boxed, I'm just really happy that two of those that do survive, or in Cloud Puff's case, more or less, are in the community and not lost in space.

A question about Cloud Puff's ribbon. Is it taped to the inlay of the box or is it loose?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2016, 10:03:20 AM »
For Cloud Puff's edged ribbon, I *think* we're still talking about the same thing. It's sort of aqua, and it's so pale, it's hard to say whether it's more blue or green. But Wind Drifter's edged ribbon is clearly green, though it's light too.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Vettefromm

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vetten.weebly.com
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »
Babydoll, your collection is amazing! :heart:

Thank you all so much for your inputs! I seem to have started my accessory-hunt with one of the more complicated sets! :P

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
Breyer600, thank you for bringing that childhood herd information! :) Wind Drifters metallic ribbon is still a mystery then. Do you happen to have pictures of the others with their ribbons? :)
Well, I have pictures of them with ribbons, but I'm not at all sure I have them assigned correctly. I do have these group photos of the Summer Wings and second set Flutters that show all the metallic ribbons I have (other than the gold and silver ones for the first set Flutters and Hollywood). Some of them don't show up very well and it's hard to judge the exact shades in the photos so I'm not sure how helpful they are.

Spoiler

I'm not sure why I had given Wind Drifter a gold ribbon, but it could just as easily belong to Pink Dreams since I don't have one set aside for her.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:08:53 PM by Breyer600 »

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2016, 12:22:52 PM »

But I had a feeling your WD was sealed and therefore no visible ribbon. Though I have recently seen a French equivalent on sale...someone on here had one...mib....and she has the green ribbon.

I have a French Wind Drifter in box and she has the pale green edged ribbon for definite :)

Other than that I am no help though, as we had none of the second set from new at the time and apparently none of my metallic of edged ribbons have survived anyway! (which is in itself odd, given the vast quantity of other ribbons that did)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »

But I had a feeling your WD was sealed and therefore no visible ribbon. Though I have recently seen a French equivalent on sale...someone on here had one...mib....and she has the green ribbon.

I have a French Wind Drifter in box and she has the pale green edged ribbon for definite :)

Hrm. Your house is closer to raid o.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 01:38:46 AM »
Hmmm I have Semi MIB Cloud Puff with a edged pale green ribbon not blue :huh: she comes with all her accessories including phamphlet and unused sticker.

Babydoll~

One day, I swear I am going to sneak into your pony collection and nab those two. I still think they're awesome. :)

Hehe well not before I nab your MIB NFT Baby Lickety Split first! :P

A question about Cloud Puff's ribbon. Is it taped to the inlay of the box or is it loose?

No her ribbon is loose, she was actually out of the box when I got her I would prefer her to be completely MIB but as you know they are near impossible to find! :( Just spotted that you have the UK boxed Tropical Breeze too! :heart:

For Cloud Puff's edged ribbon, I *think* we're still talking about the same thing. It's sort of aqua, and it's so pale, it's hard to say whether it's more blue or green. But Wind Drifter's edged ribbon is clearly green, though it's light too.

True I'd agree more aqua green shade :)

Awww thanks hun your collection is pretty awesome too, loving your instagram pics! :heart:

Babydoll~

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 10:05:02 AM »

Awww thanks hun your collection is pretty awesome too, loving your instagram pics! :heart:

Babydoll~
[/quote]

Thank you! :heart: I don't have access to my collection so I can only post my new purchases. Can't wait until I can have them all up there :) IG is such a neat place to display a collection.

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2017, 02:37:35 AM »
I am sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have new info on the 2nd set of US flutters! :)

In December I bought three gorgeous ponies on eBay - complete with all their accessories, except for stickers. I asked the seller if they were certain that the ribbons belonged to the ponies they sold them together with, and she told me that she is selling ponies for her mom, an avid collector in the 80's. Each pony had been unpacked and gotten their accessories on. :)

I still think the only way to be 110% certain is to find boxed ponies and unpack them - but for now, I am pretty pleased with this. I did not purchase Tropical Breeze as I have her already - but I got her blue metallic ribbon confirmed.

Enjoy the pictures! I am over the moon with the gorgeous curls :heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2017, 05:15:30 AM »
Wow! Those flutters are beyond gorgeous, Vettefromm. Interesting to know at least what those U.S. flutters came with!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 01:19:45 AM »
Wow! Those flutters are beyond gorgeous, Vettefromm. Interesting to know at least what those U.S. flutters came with!

And it proves that yes, the metallic ribbons DID come with the set in the US, which is something that has been generally dismissed. I've seen people actively argue for the metallic = UK and edged = US release on here and on ID sites but I think this discussion just proves it isn't that simple.

I actually also have something to add to this but I haven't got the image to hand. Someone sent me a ton of pictures for my website over the autumn and in these images was a Wind Drifter who was MIB but the box seal was broken. The ribbon she has is the green edged ribbon and her box is also US style.

We can prove the US had both types. We can't prove right now what the UK had, but we know France had edged ribbons. Common sense suggests we maybe had edged ribbons here, which fits in with my childhood memory as I never had a metallic ribbon and I did have Tropical Breeze. But we still need a touch more evidence to be certain (and of course I don't want Babydoll to vandalise her collection just to answer a question, so we need more almost-MIB UK flutters to come to light!)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:07:26 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 03:11:21 AM »
Haruna, thank you - I am so thrilled I got them :heart:

Taffeta, that is good news! I am so thrilled that we have more info already - to me it was a quest to find one right ribbon for each of my flutters (preferably the same style), which is now achieved with the metallic ribbons. But I really hope we find more info about the UK version - I completely understand why you are searching this information, and will be on the lookout still :) I also think the answer is edged ribbons - but time will tell!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 08:06:05 AM »
Haruna, thank you - I am so thrilled I got them :heart:

Taffeta, that is good news! I am so thrilled that we have more info already - to me it was a quest to find one right ribbon for each of my flutters (preferably the same style), which is now achieved with the metallic ribbons. But I really hope we find more info about the UK version - I completely understand why you are searching this information, and will be on the lookout still :) I also think the answer is edged ribbons - but time will tell!

Well, already too many UK pony accessories are mismatched. I've seen a lot of ponies at ponycon with US accessory matches but I guess there are a lot of UK ponypeople with confusing accessory finds given that they're not always the same as the US.

Here's the image I have, by the way. Courtesy of its owner who would rather be anonymous, not my pony so not my image, but you can see it's a US box and that it's still sealed in there.

Spoiler
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
Oooh, that is exciting, Taffeta! I guess I better continue my quest ;)

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2017, 12:45:33 PM »
Not sure if it's any help but I have some flutter combs that I'd wanted to sell. You've probably got them all already as I think they're all pretty common ones but thought I'd mention  :P
Assuming I've got the ponies they belong to right (I'll put the colour next to it in case I haven't  :blush:) I've got:
Tropical Breeze's comb (lavender w/ pink centers)
Forget-Me-Not (pink w/ purple centers)
Morning Glory (pink w/ green centers)
Lily (blue / green centers)
No ribbons though, unfortunately
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal