collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wind drifter - ribbon help needed  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Vettefromm

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vetten.weebly.com
Wind drifter - ribbon help needed
« on: November 24, 2016, 03:29:58 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to collect the accessories for my flutter ponies. I cannot seem to find any information on which color metallic ribbon Wind Drifter was sold with - can you help?

And lots of digital cookies if you can help me with the alternate version of the ribbons (for all that came with these) - the ones with metallic lining like the princesses :heart:

Also, if you are selling Flutter accessories, hook me up! ;)

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
Re: Wind drifter - ribbon help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »
That's indeed difficult to find.
I saw the ribbon here, it's a light green as it seems:
http://mkp.pytalhost.de/g1/jahre/jahr5/windraedchen.php

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 10:30:59 AM »
That's indeed difficult to find.
I saw the ribbon here, it's a light green as it seems:
http://mkp.pytalhost.de/g1/jahre/jahr5/windraedchen.php

Tank you for your help Tiara546! That is the alternate version, I am looking for the pure metallic version as well. :blush:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 10:57:59 AM »
This is a mystery!!! I remember someone asking about this a few years ago and nobody could come up with an answer! I think ponycake owns a mib regular release one! Not sure if you can see the ribbon in the box though? It might be worth it to shoot her a pm!

Edit to add*
Did the second release flutters come with metallic ribbons? All the information I'm finding says they came with gold trimmed ones!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:04:37 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 11:11:41 AM »
I got very confused about 2nd set ribbons, and what came out where. I've only ever seen the green ribbon with gold edging with Wind Drifter, both in Europe and in the US release, based on that image. I never had a metallic ribbon with my childhood Tropical Breeze (UK box, sticker and all ) so I assumed they didn't have them. But some people have said they did and I'm still confused about where those were sold (or if it is a batch thing). I don't know how accurate this is. I am just fairly sure that the French release with the same box as the UK suggests we didn't have metallic ribbons and my childhood memory backs it up. If the US didn't have metallic ribbons with them either...then maybe they didn't actually have metallic ribbons and this is a miscommunication somewhere...

I'm absolutely not surprised you're struggling with tracking it down. But I think a good place to start is figuring out where/when WD maybe had a metallic ribbon (if she did definitely have one). The biggest issue with Flutters is that only the French boxed ones show the ribbon through the box window. All the others, it's behind the inlay so you have to open the box to see the ribbon. And naturally a lot of people won't do that...

No idea if this has any use to you, but the MIB Tropical Breeze I have (also french box) has a light pink ribbon with gold edging, and I am fairly sure my childhood one also had this (UK box, as I said). A while ago, though, I got a Tropi with her box, comb, ribbon from the US. It was a UK box, the girl had got her in Hamleys on holiday, which is why I bought it. That Tropi had a metallic ribbon with her - but I can't be sure that was her original ribbon, as it's just as likely it was matched up based on internet information saying she had a metallic ribbon in the UK.

I still need that green ribbon and Wind Drifter's comb, but I'm holding out for a MIB UK one. If Babydoll didn't live so far away, I'd probably go steal hers (maybe ask her if she knows what colour ribbon hers has? I'm pretty sure her one is UK and that is where the confusion often seems to come in)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:29:20 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »
This is a mystery!!! I remember someone asking about this a few years ago and nobody could come up with an answer! I think ponycake owns a mib regular release one! Not sure if you can see the ribbon in the box though? It might be worth it to shoot her a pm!
Edit to add*
Did the second release flutters come with metallic ribbons? All the information I'm finding says they came with gold trimmed ones!

Almost all of the flutters' ribbons are hidden in the boxes, as Taffeta so kindly explained :)

I got very confused about 2nd set ribbons, and what came out where. I've only ever seen the green ribbon with gold edging with Wind Drifter, both in Europe and in the US release, based on that image.

I'm absolutely not surprised you're struggling with tracking it down. But I think a good place to start is figuring out where/when WD maybe had a metallic ribbon (if she did definitely have one). The biggest issue with Flutters is that only the French boxed ones show the ribbon through the box window. All the others, it's behind the inlay so you have to open the box to see the ribbon. And naturally a lot of people won't do that...

No idea if this has any use to you, but the MIB Tropical Breeze I have (also french box) has a light pink ribbon with gold edging, and I am fairly sure my childhood one also had this (UK box, as I said). A while ago, though, I got a Tropi with her box, comb, ribbon from the US. It was a UK box, the girl had got her in Hamleys on holiday, which is why I bought it. That Tropi had a metallic ribbon with her - but I can't be sure that was her original ribbon, as it's just as likely it was matched up based on internet information saying she had a metallic ribbon in the UK.

I still need that green ribbon and Wind Drifter's comb, but I'm holding out for a MIB UK one. If Babydoll didn't live so far away, I'd probably go steal hers (maybe ask her if she knows what colour ribbon hers has? I'm pretty sure her one is UK and that is where the confusion often seems to come in)

I recently got a Tropical Breeze with a blue metallic ribbon - the seller was Delaneys. What colour was the one you received?

I started my search thinking it would only be Wind Drifter that was an issue but now I'm thinking that I should collect the other version instead (as I at least have proof to go by). Are they hard to come by and is it only year 2 that came with the edging detail?

Thank you so much both of you for your help! :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 12:28:09 PM »
I can't check that, unfortunately, as it is at home and I'm in London. I don't remember off the top of my head what colour it was, but I put it away with the comb so should still have it. The bigger problem with these is that a lot of the ribbons match or are similar to Princess ribbons somewhere along the line and the UK was very muddled with some of those...though Wind Drifter's is quite distinct and unique in my opinion.

I always thought the metallic ribbons were US, but someone said they were UK, and now I wonder if they happened at all or came about because of the promotional photos. The UK catalogue for 1987 from hasbro does show metallic ribbons, but the invisibility of ribbons in boxes makes it so hard to be sure.

I can say that first set all have metallic ribbons only though. I think three gold and 3 silver, though don't ask me who had which, and that is also true for the UK release. THe only difference is we had puffy stickers and the US had scented ones.

Sorry to be useless ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »
My childhood Wing song came with a pink metalic ribbon, bought in the US.  I've seen purple metalic on Cloud puff and blue metalic on Tropical breeze, so pretty confident there was a US release with metalic ribbons. My notes say green metalic for Wind drifter, but I do not own this ribbon and can't confirm my info is correct.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 11:06:22 PM »
My childhood Wing song came with a pink metalic ribbon, bought in the US.  I've seen purple metalic on Cloud puff and blue metalic on Tropical breeze, so pretty confident there was a US release with metalic ribbons. My notes say green metalic for Wind drifter, but I do not own this ribbon and can't confirm my info is correct.

That's interesting...and matches what I always thought to be the case, but when I raised the subject here a year or so ago I was told that the metallic ribbons came with them in the UK. What you say indicates that was maybe not the case, which makes a lot more sense to me. I know I never had a metallic ribbon as a child, and I only had Tropi.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 11:27:02 PM »
I've heard the same things and have also looked into it, but I've never seen any MIB second set Flutters with metallic ribbons, not from the US or Europe.

While we're on the subject of gold-edged ribbons, can anyone confirm the colors of these?

Wingsong's ribbon - Is it pink?  Does it match any other pony's pink gold-edged ribbon?

MO Star Hopper's ribbon - I think it's lavender.  Is it the same as Princess Sunbeam's?  (For anyone who doesn't know, the MO Sparkle ponies came with gold-edged ribbons and brushes/combs.  The carded store versions didn't have ribbons at all, just brushes/combs.)

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:21:16 AM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 02:38:12 AM »
I always thought that The flutter ribbons with the gold edge are thicker than the princess ribbons?

My wingsongs looks similar to the shade of Serena's. It's original as I had to debox her from a moldy broken box that was beyond saving!

I was under the assumption that star hoppers and sunbeams were matching in color?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:43:49 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 04:54:51 AM »

That's interesting...and matches what I always thought to be the case, but when I raised the subject here a year or so ago I was told that the metallic ribbons came with them in the UK. What you say indicates that was maybe not the case, which makes a lot more sense to me. I know I never had a metallic ribbon as a child, and I only had Tropi.

Kasin, that helps a lot!! And Taffeta, you are helping more than you know! :)

So, as for the metallic ribbons, I have this noted so far for the 2nd set (which is the troublemakers):
Tropical Breeze - blue ribbon
Wind Drifter - green ribbon
Wingsong - pink ribbon (confirmed by Kasin)
Cloud Puff - purple metallic ribbon

And for the metallic edged, I am a bit confuzzled. Here's what I've gathered:
Tropical Breeze - light pink w/gold edge
Wind Drifter - green w/gold edge
Wingsong - light pink w/gold edge (confirmed by Mermaid)
Cloud Puff - light blue w/gold edge

Let me know if any is incorrect :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:47:25 AM by Vettefromm »

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
On the MLP Wiki there is a photo from the product catalog introducing the 2nd set flutters. It clearly states that they come with a metalic ribbon. I can see Rosedust, Honeysuckle and Wingsong have the correct metalic ribbons, but Tropical  breeze, Wind Drifter and Cloud puff are not clear in the image.

I'm on my phone, so I can't post the photo, hopefully someone has a better scan from this catalog?? 

Would this suggest the metalic ribbon was a early release of this set and they later switched to princess ribbons? Europe was a little behind US release, so it would explain why we don't see metalic ribbons in Europe for this set?

Offline Vettefromm

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 08:21:58 AM »
On the MLP Wiki there is a photo from the product catalog introducing the 2nd set flutters. It clearly states that they come with a metalic ribbon. I can see Rosedust, Honeysuckle and Wingsong have the correct metalic ribbons, but Tropical  breeze, Wind Drifter and Cloud puff are not clear in the image.

On that picture Tropi, Wingsong and Wind Drifter all looks like they have the gold trimmed style! How odd if they gave 3 metallic and 3 metallic edged ribbons..

IMG from MyLittleWiki
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:23:31 AM by Vettefromm »

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 08:37:23 AM »
Vettefromm, Cloud Puff's gold-edged ribbon is a very pale blue.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal