collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 415 times)

Chakatai

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello!
« on: November 23, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
I didn't even notice I'd gotten approved to join the lot - but better late than never, here I am!

I'm a life-long pony collector from the northern wastelands of Finland; by life-long, I mean that I got my first bunch as hand-overs from my sister, who, at 10 years older than me, had "grown out" of her ponies by the time I was old enough to play with them. I can't remember how many I originally got from her, but I'd say perhaps around 8 of G1 ponies. They were always my favourite, and when I was 12, I started collecting more. I didn't get that many, as coming by money back then was difficult enough, and as life went on, my small collection of some 10 G1, 3 G2 and one G3 ponies all ended up... where they usually end up when kids grow up; in the storage. I never stopped identifying as a collector, though, even if I ignored my lot for a good decade or so. This summer, however, I figured I needed a new hobby that isn't as stressful as writing or arting for someone as perfectionistic as I am, and suddenly, I remembered my old friends. So! Here we are.

Here's my herd right now, sans the three ponies I'm currently waiting for...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've found that I'm a big sucker for bait-y ponies - the worse off they are, the dirtier and fuzzier, or perhaps balder, the more attracted I'll be. So far, Tickle is my favourite; I left some holes in her, thought they gave her character, and her mane looks nice long, so I'm holding off on styling it. But I've never done rehairing or any form of sandpapering before her, and she turned out great, so I bonded with her through the journey.

Another favourite of mine is this fairly odd Play-Time. I have no idea whatever happened to her, but I find it rather endearing, whatever it was. She was even sold to me tailless... but when I was cleaning her, I found her tail inside her body. Full of mysteries, this one.

I found this forum through restoration guides, and intend to lurk that part quite a bit. Even if my ponies are baity, the less damage I end up doing to them while playing around, the better. I like them, I'd rather not maul them, so going to the source of all the knowledge - the community - seemed like the most reasonable option in terms of learning. My current goal is to find more blue/cyan/violet ponies to fill up that rather empty lower shelf of my collection... and to get my hands on as many daddy/big brother ponies as I can find. I cannot resist fuzzy feet. I cannot.

So, hi there, forum!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:22:55 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

I love seeing people adopting old/baity ponies and giving them a new lease on life again :)  Your small collection also has some wonderful members in the group already.  Look forward to seeing it grow :lovey:

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 03:17:31 AM »
Hi! Welcome to the Arena!

Another favourite of mine is this fairly odd Play-Time. I have no idea whatever happened to her, but I find it rather endearing, whatever it was. She was even sold to me tailless... but when I was cleaning her, I found her tail inside her body. Full of mysteries, this one.

Okay, that's really weird. No idea why she has a pink leg.  :what:

I understand that it happens when a color-changing pony gets stuck partially as one color and partially as the other, but this one isn't one of them as far as I know...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:21:44 AM by Kittywhiskers »
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Chakatai

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 03:49:31 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

I love seeing people adopting old/baity ponies and giving them a new lease on life again :)  Your small collection also has some wonderful members in the group already.  Look forward to seeing it grow :lovey:
Thank you so much! Excited to be here, finally a place where people understand my enthusiasm. :whoa:

Hi! Welcome to the Arena!

Okay, that's really weird. No idea why she has a pink leg.  :what:

I understand that it happens when a color-changing pony gets stuck partially as one color and partially as the other, but this one isn't one of them as far as I know...

It is weird, isn't it? :blink: It looks like someone splashed hot pink dye on her, except that it's the exact same colour as the hair. Meanwhile, the other half of her butt is perfectly fine:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:52:07 AM by Chakatai »

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
Hi there, fellow Finn! :good: Welcome to the Arena. I've always adored small collections, and what you have there looks like an amazing starting point! Enjoy the forums, I hope you find some useful tips for restoring your poor ponies. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Chakatai

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:08 AM »
Hi there, fellow Finn! :good: Welcome to the Arena. I've always adored small collections, and what you have there looks like an amazing starting point! Enjoy the forums, I hope you find some useful tips for restoring your poor ponies. :)

Ah, there are more of us! I also love small collections - eternally conflicted between wanting all of the ponies and also wanting to keep the herd looking just as small and neat as it does now. The hoarder side will inevitably win, I suppose, but for now... I'm also trying to keep something of a "only one of each pony" rule, but I almost already broke it once and it's barely been two months since I established it. It may end up being one of those things that I look back to with some nostalgic fondness in a couple years' time as I gently comb the tails of my 25 Bow-Ties.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »
Welcome to the arena!

You have a beautiful collection of ponies ^.^

It looks like someone tried to colour in Play Time with a pink pen!!!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Chakatai

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 03:21:00 AM »
Welcome to the arena!

You have a beautiful collection of ponies ^.^

It looks like someone tried to colour in Play Time with a pink pen!!!

Love pkw xxx

Thank you!

She looks like someone took up customization and left it at 3% done, haha. At least I'll spot mine in a crowd!

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 03:59:42 PM »
I adore your hers! Welcome!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Chakatai

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 02:28:13 AM »
I adore your hers! Welcome!

Thank you so much!!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 08:17:21 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Chakatai!

I love your collection! I agree, your Play Time is really endearing in an odd way. Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »
Welcome to the arena :) You have a beautiful collection!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal