collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has Anyone Here Used RedditGifts?  (Read 598 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Has Anyone Here Used RedditGifts?
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:43:38 PM »
I found their site by accident a couple nights ago while trying to come up with a good gift idea for my boyfriend, Jay. Their Secret Santa is about to start on the 29th and since they have a domestic option and the budget is $20, I said "Why not?" and am going to give it a go.

I'd love to know if anyone has or has had any experiences with this?

Also curious if anyone here wants to be updated on how this little experiment goes? I'd be happy to update this as things unfold if anyone is interested.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Has Anyone Here Used RedditGifts?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:49:56 PM »
yes! i did the dorm swap earlier this year in august. we sent eachother dorm-decorating items, useful stuff, etc. I got a mug, playing cards, a funko pop, and a wall decal; all iron-man themed. they're pretty cool! i use the mug a lot. The decal sometimes scares me when i come home late at night.

i sent my partner a poster of a manatee that i drew, and they loved it a lot. i thought it was really fun, and it's SUPER regulated, you can get banned from all of reddit for not upholding your swap. which is nice. it can be a little scary to hear all those rules though haha..

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 09:54:42 AM »
I haven't heard of it--it sounds interesting!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 06:04:09 AM »
I hope it goes well! I've always been too chicken to do a Reddit swap since there's no feedback, although I never looked into RedditGifts. I'm curious about the process.

I did a Christmas swap in an MMO on Reddit (not part of RedditGifts; each subreddit is like a different website with totally different staff and often different members) and the organizers were terrible... no accountability, no feedback, no punishments for flakes (not even bans from future swaps!), and no make-up gifts for those who got screwed over. It was a horrible experience. As silly as it is, that scared me away from Reddit swaps even though I know the staff of different subreddits aren't the same.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »
I did the Christmas gift swap last year, I enjoyed it.  My person got me an MLP shirt and some zombie socks.  I'm not signing up this year, just because of time and money restraints, but I'd definitely do it again next year!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »
I hope it goes well! I've always been too chicken to do a Reddit swap since there's no feedback, although I never looked into RedditGifts. I'm curious about the process.

I did a Christmas swap in an MMO on Reddit (not part of RedditGifts; each subreddit is like a different website with totally different staff and often different members) and the organizers were terrible... no accountability, no feedback, no punishments for flakes (not even bans from future swaps!), and no make-up gifts for those who got screwed over. It was a horrible experience. As silly as it is, that scared me away from Reddit swaps even though I know the staff of different subreddits aren't the same.

There is a sort of a feedback in a way where you get credits to spend on swaps however there is no punishment if you don't send your end of the deal. I had a good experience in several swaps for 3 years then I finally ended up getting shafted, twice! My original and my regifter didn't sent me a thing for the ninja turtle swap. Though you are pretty safe doing Christmas with how many people are participating and many people sign up as regifter santas with the holidays.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal