collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202478 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1080 on: April 20, 2021, 12:32:04 PM »
RightStuf has Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics Season 1 on Blu-ray up for pre-order.  :)  It's being released in May and is supposed to have 2 episodes that were never aired in the US.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 20, 2021, 07:19:24 PM »
RightStuf has Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics Season 1 on Blu-ray up for pre-order.  :)  It's being released in May and is supposed to have 2 episodes that were never aired in the US.

Did Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics air on Nickelodeon in the late 80's/early 90's?  I have a very vague memory of watching  some of them.  I remember a cartoon about Snow where the dwarfs were named after the days of the week and it showed the evil queen lacing Snow White's bodice so tightly that Snow White fainted.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 21, 2021, 07:19:25 AM »

Did Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics air on Nickelodeon in the late 80's/early 90's?  I have a very vague memory of watching  some of them.  I remember a cartoon about Snow where the dwarfs were named after the days of the week and it showed the evil queen lacing Snow White's bodice so tightly that Snow White fainted.

Ponyfan

Yes, I'm pretty positive that's the same show.  According to RightStuf it was made in 1987.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1083 on: April 21, 2021, 09:15:04 AM »
Is anyone watching Backflip (Bakuten) ?  I saw a short clip and it looked interesting.  I looked up the vas and the only one I could recognize is Shimono Hiro but when I started looking at the other artists and their characters I noticed that Miyuki and Sanada's vas are there also. 

Ponyfan

I have so broken you. I'm so proud :D
I don't know this anime though. I'll have to look it up.

@LAW - it is a very good, if entirely braintwisty anime series!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 22, 2021, 11:16:30 PM »
Ordered both parts of Fruits Basket Season 2 from RightStuf since it's on sale right now.  I was going to wait for the holiday sale but a lot of the time the titles I want either aren't in stock (and I'd have to wait longer for it) or else it isn't one of the titles that goes on sale.  I have a list of titles that I check for but it's my luck that the ones I want the most aren't the ones that go on sale at that time.  So I figured it wouldn't be that much different pricewise and just got them.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 23, 2021, 01:15:28 PM »
Watched the Ojamajo Doremi film "Majo Minarai o Sagashite/Looking for Magical Doremi" last night! It was, hm, it was okay? I didn't dislike it but I don't know if I really liked it, either, it was pretty cookie-cutter. I guess it was about what I was expecting though, except I did hope there'd be more... well, Doremi, in it! I still don't get why they decided to make a film about Doremi fans instead of a proper sequel... I'm a little disappointed at the complete lack of new music too (the soundtrack was just all new covers/arrangements of songs from the series), though the music was good, just would've been nice to hear a brand-new song or two! But at least we got a lot of nice new merch out of it all.

Debating which anime to rewatch next, Tokyo Mew Mew or Fruits Basket. Hmmm... leaning more towards TMM but still deciding ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 24, 2021, 07:43:26 AM »
Jujutsu Kansei-Very entertaining.  I really like Itadori,  even if he has the unfortunate ability of stating the blatantly obvious.  Hah! Gojou is hilarious...and yes, he uh, has very pretty eyes. This is turning out to be a pretty funny anime so far. On par with Baby Beelzebub I think.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 24, 2021, 09:48:52 AM »

Yes, I'm pretty positive that's the same show.  According to RightStuf it was made in 1987.

Thanks Pokeyonekenobie.   :)  The Snow White episode is more solid in my memory than some of the others but I do remember part of the Snow White and Rose Red one also.

I have so broken you. I'm so proud :D
I don't know this anime though. I'll have to look it up.

Yes you have. :D   

I'm currently rewatching Daiya season 1, Free season 3 and Fruits Basket season 2 part 1.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 09:52:42 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 25, 2021, 10:39:52 AM »
I am about at the end of Daiya Season 2 again. That final game has so much good Miyuki dialogue in it.

I need to rewatch Free but I'm holding out till the summer since I always end up wanting to watch it when the Olympics are on.

I also need to finish Alderamin and am debating going back to rewatch Season 4 of Haikyuu because when I watched it before it wasn't finished yet.

I have a lot of stuff I want to rewatch and yet I am still rewatching Daiya, because it has eaten my brain. Although comparing these games to what's going on in the manga and especially seeing how certain characters have evolved through Act II is quite heartwarming.

Special shout out for Shirasu here.

I want to rewatch Yona but I'm gearing up to do that and then maybe reread the manga since I have so many volumes as yet unread and it makes sense to go back to the start and enjoy all the Taejun awesomes.

I really really hope they animate at the very least the next volumes sometime, because everyone who hasn't read the manga will never understand how epic Taejun is (or how epic Zeno is!) without it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 26, 2021, 01:02:10 PM »
My copy of Free High Speed Starting Days came from Amazon today.  :)  I want to order season 2 part 2 of Fruits Basket but it's a little out of my price range right now so I will have to wait a while.

I have a lot of stuff I want to rewatch and yet I am still rewatching Daiya, because it has eaten my brain. Although comparing these games to what's going on in the manga and especially seeing how certain characters have evolved through Act II is quite heartwarming.

Special shout out for Shirasu here.

I want to rewatch Yona but I'm gearing up to do that and then maybe reread the manga since I have so many volumes as yet unread and it makes sense to go back to the start and enjoy all the Taejun awesomes.

I really really hope they animate at the very least the next volumes sometime, because everyone who hasn't read the manga will never understand how epic Taejun is (or how epic Zeno is!) without it.

I would love to see more animated Yona.   Everytime I think Taejun can't surprise me any more than he already has he does something that I'm not expecting.

I might watch Yona in Japanese this time.

I think Daiya has eaten my brain too. :) 

I just read that Free Final Stroke will be the last part of the Free series and will be divided in to 2 films to be released in 21 and 22.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:07:13 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 28, 2021, 03:20:34 PM »
Originally Free was meant to have a release last year, to coincide with the Olympics, but I think it's not just the pandemic; I have a feeling it is also animated by the studio that was attacked in the awful arson incident, which has probably also had an impact. I suspect it's going to feature the Olympics. And Haru and Rin. Hopefully competing together in the relay. I guess we'll see. Maybe Ikuya as well...?

Taejun is awesome. It's as simple as that. He has some seriously mad moments, but he and his brother make a great doubleact.

Onto S3 (Act II) of Daiya. I still skip through the Komadai stuff because they irritate me. I mean, Ichidai Sankou are boring but I'd still rather watch them than Komadai and their sulky pitcher.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 30, 2021, 06:52:43 AM »
Any Madoka Magica fans on here? :) They're finally making a sequel to "Rebellion"!!! I'm so excited! I didn't think they'd ever make another film, it's been so long since the last one. I hope it's good.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1092 on: April 30, 2021, 07:22:46 AM »
Any Madoka Magica fans on here? :) They're finally making a sequel to "Rebellion"!!! I'm so excited! I didn't think they'd ever make another film, it's been so long since the last one. I hope it's good.

Yes, I'm very excited about it! Especially since I'm sure this'll mean a lot more new Madoka merchandise releasing, like figures...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 04, 2021, 08:31:02 AM »

Yes, I'm very excited about it! Especially since I'm sure this'll mean a lot more new Madoka merchandise releasing, like figures...

Oooh, I hope so! Got my fingers crossed for more Nagisa stuff, she's my favourite :D Well, third favourite, after Kyoko and Sayaka. But still! :P I love her.

I think this is anime-related enough to go here (it's a question about a song from an anime OST) - can anyone help me with a quick translation please? ソラ先生と牧田くん。光がさして reads as "Sora-sensei to Makita-kun. Hikari ga Sashite" as far as I can tell.. don't suppose anyone on here knows what the "Hikari ga Sashite" bit would translate to? "The Light is Shining" or something like that? The wikipedia article misread it as "sagashite" (looking for) and I can see that's not right and I'd like to fix it, but I'm not certain enough of the actual translation to fix it by myself, if that makes sense? And idk anyone else to ask so I'm asking you guys. ^^; Hope this isn't too off-topic or anything.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:32:43 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 05, 2021, 05:09:56 AM »
Sashite is the continuous tense of sasu.

There are multiple sasu verbs and here it's in kana which doesn't help, but it probably is 差す...to shinehttps://jisho.org/search/%E5%B7%AE%E3%81%99

I hope that works?

Hikari is light, the ga is just a marker that says whatever the noun is (hikari), it's doing whatever the verb is (sasu).

I guess whoever did the wiki accidentally switched around the sa and the ga to make sagashite ;) Easily done when they shove things unnecessarily in kana...

Edit - it just occurred to me that the kana may have been deliberate. Sometimes they do that so a verb conveys multiple potential meanings. Sasu can also mean to point out or to pierce...maybe that's also significant.

https://jisho.org/search/sasu
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:14:46 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal