collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 204521 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #675 on: September 24, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
I’m thinking about starting Diamond no Ace and I know I will be rewatching Yona at some point. :D

I also noticed that Amazon has a release date for a reissue of the Yona anime set but the details don’t say whether it also includes DVDs.  I did some checking and the reissued Yona set only includes Blu Ray discs. 

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:37:06 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #676 on: September 26, 2019, 02:41:17 PM »
If you watch DnA, even if you hate it, I can hopefully have intelligent conversations about it with someone who understands it's a story and not real...

Don't ask.

On another note recently finished watching both Given (I want to really like it but it feels like something is just missing somewhere. ..I liked it but it didn't snare me) Promised Neverland... (it's dark but I feel like it's really well written story and character wise) and caught up with Kimetsu no Yaiba (still waiting for something brilliant to happen. I guess it just reminds me too much of Bleach).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 27, 2019, 07:17:15 AM »
If you watch DnA, even if you hate it, I can hopefully have intelligent conversations about it with someone who understands it's a story and not real...

Don't ask.

I love having in depth conversations about anime. :D  I’ll probably give Diamond no Ace a try.

I rewatched Your Name last night. It still holds up for me as one of my absolute favorite anime movies. :D I convinced a non anime person to watch it with me as I feel it’s an excellent film that people that aren’t usually in to anime can enjoy but the person I was watching with said that they found parts of the plot confusing. They also said maybe they need to watch it a 2nd time because they might have missed something.

Yona has officially joined my anime on DVD collection. :D

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:22:31 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #678 on: September 27, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »
So I actually got this stuff like a week ago and then forgot to post it here. This is the final weekly Koge-Donbo* haul. I'm still buying things, just trying to buy less so that I'm able to make it a monthly thing rather than weekly. Having a package I have to sign for every week is tough. Also the rate I was buying before was making it hard to find room for everything. :P

Gonna do something different here and only have images under spoilers and leave all the text in the open, in case anyone wants to still read about my stuff but not view the images.

Spoiler

First we have the entirety of the Doki Doki! Tama-tan manga series. Unfortunately this series never got an official English translation. Some fans began translating it years ago but I think it's been abandoned. These copies here seemed to have been at a library before, judging by the stickers on the spines and the text stamped on top of the pages.

Spoiler

Here we have the first Gamers Guardian Fairies novel, Minifuea: Sapphire's Letter (I'm assuming Minifuea is combining the words "mini" and "fairy" together?). Even though Koge-Donbo* herself didn't make GGF and never drew any artwork for it, I still collect its merch as it is a Di Gi Charat spin-off.

Spoiler

The second GGF novel, Minifuea: Pearl's Tiara. This one came with a Drama CD, called Shinju's Best Magic. I find it odd they refer to Shinju as Shinju with the drama CD title, and then translate her name to Pearl for the novel's title.

Spoiler

See The Sea, a doujinshi put out by Koge-Donbo* in 1993. This book is a collection of a few shorter manga stories (some seem to be ongoing ones which were spread out across several doujinshis). I love this book's cover artwork a lot!

Spoiler

baby eyes, another doujinshi of hers, this one from 1994. This one's cover art is beautiful too. I love the silver of the girl's hair with the red and gold of the flowers and her bracelets.

Spoiler

Musou Hibiki Campanella, a more recent doujinshi by her (by recent, I mean it's 11 years old :P). Not sure if the romaji is correct, that's just what Google Translate gave me. This is a short art book that primarily contains art of Pavane for a Dead Girl's characters, but it's also got a piece of art for Kamichama Karin as well. I like the cover art this book has a lot too. Super frilly, kind of wish I could wear it myself! :lovey:

Spoiler

Final doujinshi in this update, Magi Magical ga Aru☆R. This is a doujinshi of Madoka Magica fanart she drew. I like the cover a lot, once again. It has two layers, and you lift the top layer (you might be able to see from the photo due to the shadows toward the top) and underneath is this pretty lace pattern in the same shape as the edge of the upper layer, with the same background the upper layer has. But there's no Madoka on the bottom layer, just the heart with Kyubey's silhouette and the title of the book. The book's title on the upper layer is holographic and above it is a heart cutout so you can see Kyubey on the bottom layer.

Spoiler

The Pita-Ten artbook!

Spoiler

First CD in this package, this is a compilation CD of various versions of the Di Gi Charat song Welcome!. It has an impressive 12 versions of the song. As great of a song Welcome! is I'm not sure I'll actually end up listening to it from beginning to end, I think I'd personally get tired of twelve versions of one song in a row, but maybe that's just me. I just like sticking the songs from my Di Gi Charat CDs into a playlist and setting it on shuffle...

Spoiler

Here's Baby X'mas, the Di Gi Charat Christmas CD from 2004 (also the final one). I love these CDs that come in these more fancy boxes but they take up so much space!

Spoiler

Voice of Heart, a CD which came bundled along in a box with a drama CD but the copy I got of it on Yahoo Auctions awhile back was missing Voice of Heart so then I had to buy it on its own. It has now been reunited with its drama CD.

Spoiler

Rabi~en~Rose, a CD of songs all sung by Rabi~en~Rose, suppose that's a bit self explanatory. :P

Okay here's the exciting ones:

Spoiler

The Rabi~en~Rose scale figure! The poor girl is missing her left hand, after receiving this package I did go to the craft store and buy clay to make her a new one. I have sculpted it now but still need to bake it then paint it. I'm new to sculpting so the hand I made isn't perfect, but it'll be better than having nothing there at least. When I took these photos it was before I got Usada onto her base, but she's on it now. Usada is really cute, but I think a figure like this really shows how far anime figures have improved over the years. She's very lightweight, definitely hollow inside. For that matter there are gaping holes in the back of her dice on her head. And there are several major painting flaws. More comparable in quality to lower end modern prize figures. I hope they consider making new Di Gi Charat scales... an Usada figure with today's scale quality would be stunning. Honestly, even a prize figure with today's prize figure quality would probably be painted better than this girl here! She's cute, but definitely an older figure.

Spoiler

And the scale figure of Shia from Pita-Ten! Both she and Usada are apparently 1/6 scale, but Shia is significantly bigger than Usada is. I was surprised at how large her box was, and how large she herself was when I removed her from it. Shia is made of Polystone, so she's quite heavy. Shia isn't too much newer than Usada, coming out in 2001 while Usada came out in 2000, but she feels much better made. Shia definitely isn't hollow and she's painted a lot better too. Very happy with her!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 29, 2019, 04:13:17 AM »
The VPN only stays connected for a few minutes, if it connects at all.
THat leaves me with the only site to watch stuff on to be YOUKU (like chinese Utube) but its all in chinese. Listening to proper mandarin is so different from the dialect the people here speak. It doesnt even sound like the same language  :blink:

It's a golden week here so I have been off all week. If it wasn't for pony island, I would go crazy as there is nothing to do here.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:53:16 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 03, 2019, 06:02:51 AM »
I'm sorry your VPN isn't working tikibirds. :( 

Has anyone watched the Food Wars anime? I've seen the manga at the bookstore and although it looks interesting I haven't started it yet.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 03, 2019, 06:09:18 AM »
I may be remembering wrong but I have a feeling that was one I started watching but ditched because of fanservice (which I don't really like). But I might be confusing it with another.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 03, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »
Thanks Taffeta. If there’s a lot of fan service it might not be an anime that I would enjoy.

Ponyfan

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 03, 2019, 12:00:18 PM »
I have seen a few episodes of it and it seems pretty popular
I think its the one where eating the guys food has an orgasmic effect on them but not sure its officially considered fan service?

It's annoying because without access to facebook, I feel like I am cut off from the outside world. And anything that runs off of google is also blocked.

In my excessive boredom of the past week, I found a site that has MdZS translated into English and thats how I am killing my time.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:03:11 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 03, 2019, 12:04:02 PM »
I have seen a few episodes of it and it seems pretty popular
I think its the one where eating the guys food has an orgasmic effect on them but not sure its officially considered fan service?

It's annoying because without access to facebook, I feel like I am cut off from the outside world. And anything that runs off of google is also blocked.

I don't think something has to be officially classed as fanservice to be necessarily fanservice. I am pretty sure that was the series from your description. I didn't really get into it. But that isn't a reason necessarily not to watch it as everyone is different ;)

I finished Kimetsu no Yaiba. It still lurks on the 'they could develop so much more of this and stop relying on tropes and concepts from existing shounen' shelf but it's watchable. Albeit Tanjirou and Kanao in the last episode made me blink. Sigh, Tanjirou, you mean well but no. Really, no.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 03, 2019, 03:53:40 PM »
I'll probably watch 1 or 2 episodes of Food Wars and see if it's right for me.

I just watched the episode of the new Fruits Basket about Hatori.

Spoiler

Wow. I think it's even more emotional than the original one and I almost cried. I haven't almost cried at anime since I watched the last 2 Yona ovas about Zeno. Akito's attacking Kana and Hatori seemed more intense in this version. It was nice seeing them being in love too.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 03, 2019, 04:01:55 PM »

Spoiler

Wow. I think it's even more emotional than the original one and I almost cried. I haven't almost cried at anime since I watched the last 2 Yona ovas about Zeno. Akito's attacking Kana and Hatori seemed more intense in this version. It was nice seeing them being in love too.

Ponyfan

As much as I hate (because of the emotion) of that episode of FUruba in general (it breaks my heart), I think the new one did it better.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 04, 2019, 05:12:16 AM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

As much as I hate (because of the emotion) of that episode of FUruba in general (it breaks my heart), I think the new one did it better.

I agree.

Spoiler
The new series has done a fantastic job so far with the nuances and bringing more emotional depth to the characters than the original (I still love the original anime too. :) )

I don’t remember Shigure rushing in trying to hold Akito back in the original anime.

Ponyfan

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 09, 2019, 04:13:47 AM »
Completed Black Butler Season Three on Netflix and I was in tears watching the last episode.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 10, 2019, 04:44:06 PM »
I just watched the new Fruits Basket episode about New Year’s.

Spoiler

This is one of the best episodes I’ve seen so far. I really liked how Yuki and Kyo’s feelings about Tohru and leaving her alone on New Year was handled.

When Shigure  goes to tell Akito that Yuki and Kyo aren’t coming, Shigure thinks to himself that he’s happy that Akito is reaping what Akito has sowed. I know Shigure and Akito’s relationship is complicated but I’m not sure exactly what Shigure is referring to in that scene. 

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal