collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203915 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #645 on: September 09, 2019, 01:14:51 PM »
I’ve bern trying to find that baseball anime Diamond No Ace? but haven’t found it on either Netflix or Hulu yet.

I think it's only on Crunchyroll.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 09, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »

I’ve bern trying to find that baseball anime Diamond No Ace? but haven’t found it on either Netflix or Hulu yet.

I think it's only on Crunchyroll.

Thanks Taffeta. :) 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:29:16 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #647 on: September 09, 2019, 02:00:31 PM »
I added Carol and Tuesday to my watchlist.  I’ve bern trying to find that baseball anime Diamond No Ace? but haven’t found it on either Netflix or Hulu yet.

I play a mobile game called Love  Nikki Dress Up Queen that definitely looks anime inspired but I’m not sure what series it’s supposed to be based on.

Ponyfan

Yes the love Nikki game is the one I used to play and I think the same company makes this one I think or at least it seems like it due to the setiup of the levels and other little things that are familar. You'd be able to play Mr. Love and pick it up pretty easy. It's got the same sort of setup, just different theme and a few different features. I used to love the Nikki dress up game, but my game just disappeared one day and the cloud wouldn't restore it, etc.

I actually like Mr. Love a lot better, since it's sort of more story driven than the Nikki game, the plot of the story is cool and the voice acting is amazing. I'm curious to see how each character plays out.

One of the guy characters, Lucian (he's the dark headed guy in the group picture on the bottom right). he's a scientist and he's very nice to the main character in the story but for some reason the main character is always 'wary' of him. There is a whole background plot going on with the 'superpowers' each guy has. I'm not sure what his is yet, etc. But he comes across as really 'nice' but somehow it feels weird, almost forced/creepy.

Victor, the CEO guy (bottom left), he's a jerk so far, I mean, conversations with him piss me off so much...but he's so pretty I can't resist. He's like a awesome cat you want to pet but you know it's got a pissy attitude and you'll probably get scratched.

The two 'nice' guys are Kito or Kiro (can't remember how to spell it right now, he's the blond), he's a singer/actor. He's the first of the 4 you meet in the game and he's so sweet, like a big puppy. And then there is Gavin...he's nice and the main character apparently knew him in high school.

There seem to be some hints that she actually knew Victor and Lucian when she was a young child but I haven't yet figured out for sure if it's both or one or maybe even all of them, etc.

Post Merge: September 09, 2019, 10:37:02 PM

Wow, theyre apparently making the game into an anime...hope the link works.

https://youtu.be/Za1L2g_oanQ
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:37:02 PM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 09, 2019, 11:30:29 PM »
Oh! Those two are actually not WuXian and WangJi, but are in fact from another BL novel by the same author as MDZS. It's called 'Heaven Official's Blessing', or Tian Guan Ci Fu. The one in red is Hua Cheng, and the one in white is Xie Lian <3 Hua Cheng is 'demon' king and Xie Lian is a fallen god, but like...Hua Cheng is such a gentle character (at least to Xie Lian), total trope dodge for the whole demon king love interest thing. They are the sweetest, fluffiest couple you'll ever see and I adore them so much.

AH ok. These are the two that I see everytime I am searching on Taobao for anime stuff - but I could never find out who they are or what they are from.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 10, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »
nooooooooooo...someone save me!!!! Why must you torture me Japan? WHY???

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 10, 2019, 12:25:11 PM »
I added Carol and Tuesday to my watchlist.  I’ve bern trying to find that baseball anime Diamond No Ace? but haven’t found it on either Netflix or Hulu yet.

I play a mobile game called Love  Nikki Dress Up Queen that definitely looks anime inspired but I’m not sure what series it’s supposed to be based on.

Ponyfan

Yes the love Nikki game is the one I used to play and I think the same company makes this one I think or at least it seems like it due to the setiup of the levels and other little things that are familar. You'd be able to play Mr. Love and pick it up pretty easy. It's got the same sort of setup, just different theme and a few different features. I used to love the Nikki dress up game, but my game just disappeared one day and the cloud wouldn't restore it, etc.

I actually like Mr. Love a lot better, since it's sort of more story driven than the Nikki game, the plot of the story is cool and the voice acting is amazing. I'm curious to see how each character plays out.

One of the guy characters, Lucian (he's the dark headed guy in the group picture on the bottom right). he's a scientist and he's very nice to the main character in the story but for some reason the main character is always 'wary' of him. There is a whole background plot going on with the 'superpowers' each guy has. I'm not sure what his is yet, etc. But he comes across as really 'nice' but somehow it feels weird, almost forced/creepy.

Victor, the CEO guy (bottom left), he's a jerk so far, I mean, conversations with him piss me off so much...but he's so pretty I can't resist. He's like a awesome cat you want to pet but you know it's got a pissy attitude and you'll probably get scratched.

The two 'nice' guys are Kito or Kiro (can't remember how to spell it right now, he's the blond), he's a singer/actor. He's the first of the 4 you meet in the game and he's so sweet, like a big puppy. And then there is Gavin...he's nice and the main character apparently knew him in high school.

There seem to be some hints that she actually knew Victor and Lucian when she was a young child but I haven't yet figured out for sure if it's both or one or maybe even all of them, etc.

Post Merge: September 09, 2019, 10:37:02 PM

Wow, theyre apparently making the game into an anime...hope the link works.

https://youtu.be/Za1L2g_oanQ

Interesting. :D I think I recognize at least one of the VAs but I can't be sure as all cast is in Japanese characters.

Ponyfan

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 10, 2019, 12:39:38 PM »

Interesting. :D I think I recognize at least one of the VAs but I can't be sure as all cast is in Japanese characters.

Ponyfan

I think in the game the voice actors are listed online, goes to check who the voice actors are:

Lucien is English: Bill Rogers
Japanese: Daisuke Hirakawa

Gavin is English: Joe Zieja
Japanese: Yūki Ono

Victor is English: Benjamin Diskin
Japanese: Tomokazu Sugita

Kiro is English: Sean Chiplock
Japanese: Tetsuya Kakihara

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 10, 2019, 01:50:20 PM »

Ponyfan

I think in the game the voice actors are listed online, goes to check who the voice actors are:

Lucien is English: Bill Rogers
Japanese: Daisuke Hirakawa

Gavin is English: Joe Zieja
Japanese: Yūki Ono

Victor is English: Benjamin Diskin
Japanese: Tomokazu Sugita

Kiro is English: Sean Chiplock
Japanese: Tetsuya Kakihara

Thanks. I  was mixing a couple of them up with other VAs. I don’t recognize any of their names.

Ponyfan

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 10, 2019, 02:40:02 PM »

Thanks. I  was mixing a couple of them up with other VAs. I don’t recognize any of their names.

I'm pretty terrible on voice actors and who plays who in anything. There are only a couple that I can remember right off without really thinking about it. I remember the english voice actor for Sebastian from black butler and the man that is the voice of Optimus Prime.

That's pretty much it, even ponies...I got nothing.

Post Merge: September 11, 2019, 09:23:55 AM

You know you've won when the Anime CEO man takes out his black card.

(incidentally the character you play in the game doesn't let him pay, hahahahahah, that's right Victor, your money can't buy me you big jerk)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:24:24 AM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 11, 2019, 09:44:04 AM »
Has anyone heard the rumours that Ash Ketchum, and Pikachu are leaving the Pokemon anime franchise? Do you think he will win the Aloha League.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #655 on: September 11, 2019, 10:26:48 AM »
I know 3/4 of those voice artists but am not sure what I can give you as comparisons. I feel like one of them might be involved in Sailor Moon stuff but may be wrong. Uni, if you ever get further into NeoAngelique, Bernard is voiced by Hirakawa Daisuke. And also, in Koisuru Tenshi Angelique, Sugita Tomokazu was Francis (the one who faints at rabbits.) If that matters at all.

I really need to get my PSP working again. Making me want to dig out my games.

Also I have a research plan to write and an application to submit but you know, whatever.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 11, 2019, 11:42:59 AM »

Also I have a research plan to write and an application to submit but you know, whatever.

meh, I have so much work to do it's not funny...but dangit, why do they have to drop pretty SSR cards in my face...I don't even have an ssr card yet in the game...pouts...

soooo...preeetttyyyyyyyyyy

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 11, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »
I started playing the Mr. Love game.

There’s a rumor that the US will soon get a release date for Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 2. Viz posted a tribute to Ami/Sailor Mercury for her birthday and they used a clip from an episode that’s in the 2nd part of Stars.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:34:27 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 11, 2019, 02:59:44 PM »
I started playing the Mr. Love game.

muwhhahhaha...come over to the dark side.

Curious, what cards have you gotten so far ;)

I have yet to get a SSR card, and I still haven't really seen where I'm using many of the N or NH cards anymore :/ They're just random characters and people in the game.

What I have so far:

Lucien: SR Cards
 Fireflies
Midnight Beacon

Lucien: R Cards
 Indelible Taste
Archive
Destined
 Read you like a book

Kiro:SR Cards
Sweet Dreams
Albatross

Kiro:R Cards
Pretender
Your Existence
Woofderland
Perfect Figure
Custom Made

Victor: SR cards
Anticipation

Victor:R Cards
A Beautiful mind
Special Assignment
Heartstring
Taste
Unbridled Passion
Reluctance

Gavin: SR Cards
Star Kiss

Gavin: R Cards
Investigate
Warming Up
Rock Hard Play Hard
Whetstone

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 03:14:06 PM by KarentheUnicorn »

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 11, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
I will have to check the cards as I don't have very many yet.

I noticed Funimation has also set a release date for My Roommate is a Cat.

@Taffeta I think it's a series that you recommended? I remember looking for it and not finding it.

I also finally watched Mirai

Spoiler
I found it a bit lacking and confusing.

The main focus is not really on Mirai but on her older brother Kun. Kun becomes jealous of the attention his parents shower on his sister and begins throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way. His mother loses her temper one day and threatens to throw all his toys away and she won't buy him any new ones. In frustration he hits baby Mirai with a toy train and storms out to the garden where a beautiful tree is. He meets a strange man there that is actually the family dog in human form. Later he meets the Mirari of the future and helps her put away the Girls Day dolls that the parents bought for her.

Kun continues to meet other relatives through the gateway of the tree. He is warned by one of the visitors not to get on a train that suddenly appears but boards the train anyway.

There are a couple of really intense/scare moments that come out of nowhere and even as an adult I found them so creepy that I almost stopped watching.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:19:53 PM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal