collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202520 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Re: Anime?
« Reply #630 on: September 08, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »
I keep hearing about the above but there weren't any legal options to watch it and I don't do the other type of viewing. I may check it out sometime.

Ooh you definitely should, it's so good! I watched it on their official streaming website unsubbed before. It was kinda awkward cause I had the translations written down on a page and just...read them in time with the scenes. I was a huge fan of the novel okay I wanted to watch it ASAP even if it was difficult ;u;

It's nice to not have to jump through that many hoops to watch it now >u<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #631 on: September 08, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »
I keep hearing about the above but there weren't any legal options to watch it and I don't do the other type of viewing. I may check it out sometime.

Ooh you definitely should, it's so good! I watched it on their official streaming website unsubbed before. It was kinda awkward cause I had the translations written down on a page and just...read them in time with the scenes. I was a huge fan of the novel okay I wanted to watch it ASAP even if it was difficult ;u;

It's nice to not have to jump through that many hoops to watch it now >u<

Yeah, the frustration I have with series in Korean or Chinese is having to find a decent sub, since I can't understand it *grr*. I have one or two Mandarin dramas and maybe one Korean drama on DVD with passable but not perfect English subs and I've watched one or two on Netflix with better but still awkward subs and I feel like maybe learning Japanese ruined me because I've become so fussy...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 08, 2019, 01:31:05 PM »
I've gotten more used to subs although there are still times when I prefer the dub. I would have never seriously considered trying subbed anime if I hadn't gotten in to Yona as there's a couple of  Yona episodes that only have subbed versions. I still feel like I miss a few things in subbed anime vs dubs since I'm having to read and watch at the same but not nearly as much as I thought I'd miss. I've found myself rewatching some scenes from Yona in Japanese to compare the sub to the dub. I am very impressed how close the Yona dub is to the Japanese subtitles. :D Sometimes the English dialogue only varies by a word or two when I compare it to the subtitled Japanese.

I've also learned that a fantastic voice actor can still make me feel connected to a character even if I have to read the subs to understand the words.

Furuba is getting to a certain point in the story at last. 2 eps to go for season 1.

:D This makes me even more impatient for the new episodes to arrive on Hulu.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:34:17 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MerryAnvil

• View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #633 on: September 08, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
Yeah, the frustration I have with series in Korean or Chinese is having to find a decent sub, since I can't understand it *grr*. I have one or two Mandarin dramas and maybe one Korean drama on DVD with passable but not perfect English subs and I've watched one or two on Netflix with better but still awkward subs and I feel like maybe learning Japanese ruined me because I've become so fussy...

Saaaame. I know conversational Japanese (I still get hung up on some uncommon words that don't get used much though) so I don't really need subs anymore for most things, they're more of a helper for difficult scenes. But I was completely lost when it came to Mandarin since I'd never watched any Chinese shows before MDZS ;u; I'm actually picking up phrases pretty fast though, I was surprised about that. It took me a loooooong time to learn Japanese >.<;

Post Merge: September 09, 2019, 05:36:06 AM

Sorry for double-posting, but I just wanted to update that Tencent has also started subbing and posting MDZS's second season on Youtube as well! I'm so excited, I've been waiting to watch it until I could properly enjoy it with subs <3
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:36:06 AM by dakotadarkhooves »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 09, 2019, 06:07:33 AM »
Does this show you are talking about have two guys in traditional chinese clothing, one in red/black and the other in blue/white? I see their images on a lot of stuff on Taobao but I have no idea who they are..other then it seems to be a BL thing according to the artwork I have seen. And google trandlate doesnt work so well for chinese, according to them - I take the LOVE BUS to work  :blink:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:10:04 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline MerryAnvil

• View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #635 on: September 09, 2019, 06:39:25 AM »
Does this show you are talking about have two guys in traditional chinese clothing, one in red/black and the other in blue/white? I see their images on a lot of stuff on Taobao but I have no idea who they are..other then it seems to be a BL thing according to the artwork I have seen. And google trandlate doesnt work so well for chinese, according to them - I take the LOVE BUS to work  :blink:

Yup, that's them! The one in red and black is the main character, Wei WuXian, and the one in blue and white is the other main, Lan WangJi. The show is based off a BL novel where they are a couple, but due to the Chinese censorship laws, they really don't have much of that in the animated show or the live action drama. It's mostly converted into bromance there.

Omg Love Bus....that's beautiful.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 09, 2019, 07:08:03 AM »

Apparently they are quite popular...

The translations are even worse when it comes to menus. I get stuff like spoiled week old cabbage ( i think that one was for Kimchi), broken husband (no idea what that was supposed to be), fermenting milk for yogurt...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 09, 2019, 07:29:37 AM »
I've been watching My Hero Academia since the 2nd part of season 3 made it to DVD this last week.

Offline MerryAnvil

• View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #638 on: September 09, 2019, 07:46:41 AM »

Apparently they are quite popular...

The translations are even worse when it comes to menus. I get stuff like spoiled week old cabbage ( i think that one was for Kimchi), broken husband (no idea what that was supposed to be), fermenting milk for yogurt...

Oh! Those two are actually not WuXian and WangJi, but are in fact from another BL novel by the same author as MDZS. It's called 'Heaven Official's Blessing', or Tian Guan Ci Fu. The one in red is Hua Cheng, and the one in white is Xie Lian <3 Hua Cheng is 'demon' king and Xie Lian is a fallen god, but like...Hua Cheng is such a gentle character (at least to Xie Lian), total trope dodge for the whole demon king love interest thing. They are the sweetest, fluffiest couple you'll ever see and I adore them so much.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 08:09:29 AM by dakotadarkhooves »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #639 on: September 09, 2019, 08:08:59 AM »
Apparently anime and manga are gateway drugs to other stuff. I'm watching drama tv programs I've started watching on netflix: I think they're from china.

Well intended Love I think is the first one name, just finished all the episodes for that, but is a drama of a business man and a actress. It's like American soap opera on crack, but sooo much better for some reason.

Then I've just started watching another, don't remember the name of this one, but it's set in the past/fictional. The lady is a demon snake and apparently if demons live long enough they can obtain a human body. And she goes to the human world and meets a nice doctor and falls in love with him. It's another sort of soap opera drama type show but it's more magic and a bit silly. The thing I love about it, everything is so pretty.

There are a couple other I have saved but American TV has gotten so darn boring and even though I have to read subtitles, these are way more interesting to me than the some of the junk here.

Seriously, I haven't yelled at the characters on in these shows once for being stupid like I do when watching walking dead.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 09, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »
I've been watching "Carol and Tuesday" on Netflix-  it is really good and the singing is really good!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2019, 12:14:55 PM »
Japan is trying to kill me, this isn't technically Anime, but then again it sort of is as it's fricking drawings that talk, it just happens to be in a game. I just started playing - has anyone ever heard of or is also playing the mobile game called, Mr. love, Queen's choice, not sure what it's called in japan, I think something like Love and Producer. Well, in the english version you can actually choose either language to listen to.

But this game, I'm almost embarrassed to play this thing but these boys are way to pretty. I just can't even...

Victor (you are so mean...but so pretty)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #642 on: September 09, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »
Uni - this is a slippery slope.

From - a girl with a shelf full of Japanese PSP games, Japanese anime and drama DVDs and live events.

I've heard a lot of things about Carole and Tuesday. Not sure if it's on Netflix here though. I don't think I've seen it there.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 09, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
Uni - this is a slippery slope.

hill...slippery...falling....hard

the boys text and call the protagonist in game. It's funny...they're voices are lovely although I want to hit Victor over the head with a frying pan sometimes.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 09, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »
I added Carol and Tuesday to my watchlist.  I’ve bern trying to find that baseball anime Diamond No Ace? but haven’t found it on either Netflix or Hulu yet.

I play a mobile game called Love  Nikki Dress Up Queen that definitely looks anime inspired but I’m not sure what series it’s supposed to be based on.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal