collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203691 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #555 on: July 09, 2019, 05:59:20 PM »
Eh, nothing looks too exciting for the sumer season >.<

Aw, I've been looking forward to Vinland Saga for quite some time. I love me some historical fiction!

Dr Stone also pulled me in from the first episode. But I imagine somewhere it will evolve into a standard battle shonen, and might not be as exciting then.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #556 on: July 10, 2019, 08:18:09 AM »
I just started watching one on crunchroll called Hanasakeru Seishonen...

Like, whats with a dad who sets his 14 year old daughter up to meet guys so she'll pick one to marry and calls it a game? What kinda weird dad are you MR?

LOL! Eh, we already know you need to be with the guy you're already hanging out with (LOL).

Some of these anime romance series are silly, but I still can't stop myself from watching them.

And okay so now she thinks one of the guys is a reincarnated white panther she used to hang out with as a little girl...
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 12, 2019, 06:27:24 AM »
Aw, I've been looking forward to Vinland Saga for quite some time. I love me some historical fiction!
I haven't heard of that one...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 12, 2019, 08:55:36 AM »
Well I’ve still got Fruits Basket, and plus Attack on Titan Season 3 Part One when it comes out on blu ray

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #559 on: July 12, 2019, 09:50:01 AM »

Like, whats with a dad who sets his 14 year old daughter up to meet guys so she'll pick one to marry and calls it a game? What kinda weird dad are you MR?

LOL! Eh, we already know you need to be with the guy you're already hanging out with (LOL).

Some of these anime romance series are silly, but I still can't stop myself from watching them.

And okay so now she thinks one of the guys is a reincarnated white panther she used to hang out with as a little girl...

Welcome to anime weird :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 12, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
I watched "Okko's Inn" last night.  It's cute, but made me cry.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #561 on: July 12, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »

Welcome to anime weird :D

Well technically I've known about weird anime since like 1984

Here was the first ever anime I was obsessed with - I got up at 5:30 am to watch this on some channel I don't even remember.

I wish someone would redo the Honey Honey anime from back in the 80's...I loved it! I still think it's adorable!! and so silly!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dK6vBDjhbs

ouou edit, I found the first episode
https://youtu.be/ewR1fByiJ7c

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:10:45 PM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 12, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »
I'm still watching Sailor Stars part 1.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #563 on: July 12, 2019, 03:54:41 PM »
Guys look what I managed to buy! <3

Spoiler

I don't have her physically in my possession yet, that won't be for another few weeks still at least. But I used White Rabbit to get her from Mercari. Placed the order yesterday and when I woke up today they had successfully bought her for me, I'm super excited!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 19, 2019, 05:46:25 AM »

Spoiler

I don't have her physically in my possession yet, that won't be for another few weeks still at least. But I used White Rabbit to get her from Mercari. Placed the order yesterday and when I woke up today they had successfully bought her for me, I'm super excited!

At this rate you're going to be out of shelf space by the end of the summer!

So London had it's annual Japanese event this month and what always strikes me is the disconnect between what everyone else in the UK seems to be watching and reading and what I watch and read...

Which is kind of frustrating.

I am currently watching Boku no Hero Academia just because it's been eating at me for the longest time as a popular anime and I guess I was curious. Thus far I find it interesting, I like that the main character is not a typical loudmouth type and I also like that there's a variety in the main central cast. I am quite bored by the villains which is a bit sad considering they're quite important to the plot. Much more interested in Class 1A.

What really surprised me at this event was the number of Bleach things I saw. Merchandise. Cosplay, etc. I thought Bleach had about died with the awful mess that was the final arc and the basic abandonment of the anime long before that. I wonder if it's the live action movie or if people have just gone back into it since it is on CR and easily accessible. I will always love Bleach but really hope this isn't an indication that the train wreck final arc will get animated. I'm quite happy with it ending where it does.

I think I saw more Bleach stuff than One Piece stuff, and that IS weird.

I probably need to watch more mainstream anime so I can at least communicate about them.

Although I have been watching and reading DnA and it didn't dawn on me that since baseball has basically no presence here, it probably isn't a mainstream anime in the UK the way it maybe is in Japan and in other places where baseball really exists...

Which is a shame because for an anime/manga series about a sport I couldn't care less about and knew nothing about before I started with this anime, it's actually quite good...

People, mainstream anime series on sites like CR and stuff - recommendations?

I don't really have a preferred genre but I do care about:
Character development
Plot twists are good.
Death is fine but only if it's meaningful. I don't like stuff that has really twisted implications (like the King's Game. I am still traumatised by that - but things like Another, Erased, Charlotte are fine).

I don't really like magical girl anime. I did watch SM for a bit - I have a couple of older series on Japanese DVD - but I don't really go in for the cute magical stuff...

I also have tried One Piece and don't get on with it.

Any recommendations of stuff I might not have seen but am missing out on??

It needs to be stuff I can watch on CR or Netflix and it has to have a Japanese track because I don't like dubs.

I need something to lighten the mood between job applications and trying to write and edit academic articles with all the fiddly expectations each journal places on submissions.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 19, 2019, 07:09:41 AM »

Spoiler

I had the to heart version of these dolls. :) I really liked them.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 19, 2019, 08:38:51 AM »

People, mainstream anime series on sites like CR and stuff - recommendations?

I don't really have a preferred genre but I do care about:
Character development
Plot twists are good.
Death is fine but only if it's meaningful. I don't like stuff that has really twisted implications (like the King's Game. I am still traumatised by that - but things like Another, Erased, Charlotte are fine).

I don't really like magical girl anime. I did watch SM for a bit - I have a couple of older series on Japanese DVD - but I don't really go in for the cute magical stuff...

I also have tried One Piece and don't get on with it.

Any recommendations of stuff I might not have seen but am missing out on??

It needs to be stuff I can watch on CR or Netflix and it has to have a Japanese track because I don't like dubs.

I need something to lighten the mood between job applications and trying to write and edit academic articles with all the fiddly expectations each journal places on submissions.

I liked Haikyu (a volleyball anime-first episode isn't the greatest, though), Yuri!!! On Ice (Figure skating)--both on Crunchyroll according to their list right now--, Robotech (mecha--it's older and used to be known as Macross Wars, so I don't know if it counts as mainstream anymore) and The Devil is a Part-Timer--both on Netflix.  I don't know if it's still on Netflix or not, but Silver Spoon is hilarious.  It's about a city kid who goes to an agricultural school, though that one I don't think is really considered mainstream...

If it didn't have to be on Crunchyroll or Netflix, I would suggest Assassination Classroom.  Totally twisted but sweet--the end makes me cry.

**Edit**

My friend recommends Amagi Brilliant Park, Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun, Barakamon, Big Windup, My Love Story, ReLife, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, and Kyo Kara Mao.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:46:56 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 19, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »
Thank you!

I have considered Haikyuu - I think it is on my list. I don't hate sports anime even though I don't like sport, they're quite easy to watch (I started with DnA during final thesis editing, and weirdly my friend said she did similar last year with her thesis, watched lots of sports anime xD) so I might watch this at some point...

I've seen Yuri (I think they were talking about another season?) and the Devil is a Part Timer (which by the way I actually loved, world domination beginning with a fast food joint xD). I've also seen ReLife though I have thought I should chase up the manga since the last few episodes seem to push the rest of the plot through at speed compared with the early part.

Assassination Classroom is the only reason I still have a funimation subscription -.- because it went from CR. I still don't like the absolute ending of it, but I love the overall story and the quirk of the characters and how it all builds over the series. It's the right level of "hang on a minute, this is all totally wrong somehow and yet it's awesome" for my twisted brain :D

I did start watching Silver Spoon. I don't remember why but I took it off my list. It was a while ago now...but it didn't really click with me.

On the other list, Nogaki-kun is another one I've been curious about! I will have to try and get around to that one :D

KKM is an old favourite. Geigenhuber ftw. :)

This is making me feel better about the stuff I watch and that maybe it's the UK population that's off kilter >.>
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 19, 2019, 11:09:15 AM »
I think I like Silver Spoon more than most because my dad grew up on a farm and we regularly went to my uncle's farm growing up.  Now I live in the country, my neighbors keep horses and cows in their backyard, so seeing his reactions to where eggs and milk comes from just makes me laugh.

I also recommend La Corda D'oro, especially if you like music.  Both seasons have excellent music in them, though the second season loses the music fairy from the first season.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 19, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
I think I like Silver Spoon more than most because my dad grew up on a farm and we regularly went to my uncle's farm growing up.  Now I live in the country, my neighbors keep horses and cows in their backyard, so seeing his reactions to where eggs and milk comes from just makes me laugh.

I also recommend La Corda D'oro, especially if you like music.  Both seasons have excellent music in them, though the second season loses the music fairy from the first season.

OMG Koruda!  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: I had totally forgotten Koruda is on CR now!

One of my neoroma loves <3 It's so nice knowing other people enjoy it too. I have never seen anything at events in the UK for Koruda or any of the other neoromance series.

I admit I mostly got into them through crazy seiyuu events back when I began learning Japanese but I think Corda D'Oro has a really cute plot in both 1 and 3, even though there's no fairy stuff in 3.

Yunoki and Hihara were my favourites. Especially Yunoki. And especially in the manga.

<3 Maybe I should rewatch it. It's been a while :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal