collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 204819 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #495 on: June 29, 2019, 12:49:11 AM »
Just watched the Fruits Basket 2019  episode with Ayame in, thank god that that music that plays when he’s talking is gone now I can hear him. Was disappointed that that noise when we first meet him as a snake.

That episode next I’m going to be crying.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #496 on: June 29, 2019, 10:07:25 AM »
Just watched the Fruits Basket 2019  episode with Ayame in, thank god that that music that plays when he’s talking is gone now I can hear him. Was disappointed that that noise when we first meet him as a snake.

Ah yeah, I feel the same about the next ep, if it's what I think it is.

Also, good grief. It's so weird watching multiple series with the same voice artists in but it's even weirder when those voice artists are closely connected in these series.

Sakurai Takehiro is Ayame. Aakurai Takehiro is also Taejun in Yona which I rewatched recently, and Miyuki in DnA which I have been watching lately as well. That's a really interesting combination. Seriously.

BUT it was a good choice I think. He did it well.

...I am sure that little aside of Shigure's wasn't in the original series ("we'd already got bored with that after all...")
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 29, 2019, 12:32:48 PM »

Ah yeah, I feel the same about the next ep, if it's what I think it is.

Also, good grief. It's so weird watching multiple series with the same voice artists in but it's even weirder when those voice artists are closely connected in these series.

Sakurai Takehiro is Ayame. Aakurai Takehiro is also Taejun in Yona which I rewatched recently, and Miyuki in DnA which I have been watching lately as well. That's a really interesting combination. Seriously.

BUT it was a good choice I think. He did it well.

...I am sure that little aside of Shigure's wasn't in the original series ("we'd already got bored with that after all...")

Well I know when the episode with Kisa in is going to make me cry.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 29, 2019, 08:40:26 PM »
I'm currently watching Season 2 of Log Horizon. 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 01, 2019, 07:28:02 PM »
Do you think the next episode of the new Fruits Basket will be

Spoiler
When they visit Kyoko's grave and Momiji tells Tohru about his mother having her memories erased?

I finished Yona. It's a fantastic anime. :)

It looks like Sailor Moon Crystal 4 is finally starting production. It's been named Sailor Moon Eternal. I thought it would have a name related to the Dream arc.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 02, 2019, 12:13:24 AM »

Spoiler
When they visit Kyoko's grave and Momiji tells Tohru about his mother having her memories erased?

It looks like Sailor Moon Crystal 4 is finally starting production. It's been named Sailor Moon Eternal. I thought it would have a name related to the Dream arc.

Ponyfan

Yeah. I think the next ep of Furuba will be that.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 02, 2019, 02:50:53 AM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

Yeah. I think the next ep of Furuba will be that.

I’m going to get the tissues ready if it’s that episode.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 02, 2019, 03:04:30 AM »
So I have a question, and hoping you all can help me :)

I am not too familier with anime, but I really wanted to show my class a movie. I am a middle school teacher, and my students are 12-13 year olds. In other words, they are in the middle of being kids and teenagers and their interests are all over the place. Since this is going to be an educational movie as well I wanted to link it to environmental issues, and I came across Princess Mononoke from Studio Ghibli. I’ve never seen it myself, I actually never seen any Studio Ghibli films and the only way it seems I can get my hands on this movie is by special order *sigh*.

So, before I do that I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this movie? Would it be a good starting point to discuss environmental issues, and humans role in it all? And would you think the movie is in the age group of 12-13 year olds? And lastly, is it worth it for me to buy this movie or should I just try to find another one thouching in on the same subjects? Is it any good?

I realize that this is a movie, and not a series- so it might not be anime in the same sense you are discussing here- but I am hoping it is within the topic of this thread anyway :blush:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 02, 2019, 03:21:48 AM »
I'm not really a fan of ghibli but IMO Mononoke-hime is one of the better ones. It does deal with environmental issues to a degree, but it also has a layer of strange in it as well. A mononoke in Japanese is a kind of spirit or 'other' creature, if that helps.

It's been a long time since I saw it so I don't remember all the tiny details.

I don't know if such things exist for this one but I wonder whether anyone's done a review on YT or anything in detail to give you more of an idea of the story.

I don't personally think it's inappropriate agewise for that age range.  I dunno what other people think.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 02, 2019, 07:37:37 AM »
It's been a while since I've watched it but Princess Mononoke does have some blood/violence.  Different characters get shot.  Near the climax of the film a forest god's head is chopped off and there's a big ball of blood that explodes everywhere.  It's a bit gross, depending on how sensitive you are to such things.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is set in a post-apocalyptic type world where the air is filled with dangerous spores and giant bug-like creatures who the people think are dangerous, only to find that the bugs are trying to fix the pollution issues.

Pom Poko is about raccoons (tanuki technically) who are losing their homes to deforestation and encroaching cities.  The raccoons have the ability to look like humans and set about trying to save their home.  This movie is funny, however the males can use their "raccoon pouches" (their testicles) for some of their transformations so I don't know if you want to show that to your students. 

All three movies are in the Young Adult section of the library where I work, so age-wise they're good for your students.  All three are good movies, in my opinion, but if you aren't sure about purchasing them you can see if you can get them from your library.  If your library doesn't own them you can ask about Interlibrary Loan and see if they can borrow them from a different library for you.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 02, 2019, 08:24:46 AM »

I am not too familier with anime, but I really wanted to show my class a movie. I am a middle school teacher, and my students are 12-13 year olds. In other words, they are in the middle of being kids and teenagers and their interests are all over the place. Since this is going to be an educational movie as well I wanted to link it to environmental issues, and I came across Princess Mononoke from Studio Ghibli. I’ve never seen it myself, I actually never seen any Studio Ghibli films and the only way it seems I can get my hands on this movie is by special order *sigh*.

So, before I do that I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this movie? Would it be a good starting point to discuss environmental issues, and humans role in it all? And would you think the movie is in the age group of 12-13 year olds? And lastly, is it worth it for me to buy this movie or should I just try to find another one thouching in on the same subjects? Is it any good?

I realize that this is a movie, and not a series- so it might not be anime in the same sense you are discussing here- but I am hoping it is within the topic of this thread anyway :blush:

I think that movie is perfect for the 12-13 age range- I would also think Fern Gully for a more obvious environmental message.  I found this list online for other kid's movies that address environmental issues:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/top-ten-kids-movies-with-a-green-theme-19409104/

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 02, 2019, 08:33:11 AM »
Thank you, both!

The library idea was a great one, I didn’t even think about that. I will check it out, but anime (and manga) are not as popular here as they are other places. We typically need to import everything from the US or the UK. Or special order. I’m not getting my hopes up for the library, but I’ll check it out!

About the violence: it is a school class so even though I believe most of them would do OK with blood and gore, I do have some sensitive souls in my class too. And of course, it would need to be a purpose behind the violence. Something we can discuss afterward. In other words, I would need to see the movie to determine really :lol: In times like this I love my job ;)

Post Merge: July 02, 2019, 08:34:28 AM

I think that movie is perfect for the 12-13 age range- I would also think Fern Gully for a more obvious environmental message.  I found this list online for other kid's movies that address environmental issues:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/top-ten-kids-movies-with-a-green-theme-19409104/

Awesome! Thank you! I haven’t heard of that movie- Fern Gully. But would definetely check out that list! :iconclap:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #507 on: July 02, 2019, 08:44:10 AM »
I'm kinda new to anime, not really...I mean I've seen stuff over the years but have never really gotten into watching it until now.

Sadly thanks to Netflix I've managed to sink myself into the dark hole of Anime.

Seriously, I blame the demon Butler Sebastian from Black Butler for this problem.

But now I've managed to get into Sword Art Online, and I watched Fruits Basket (Both of these series made me ugly cry, like seriously) Especially Fruits Basket and when the main character talks about loosing her mom and stuff...seriously.

Kamasama Kiss (think I spelled that right), same english voice actor that does Sebastian in black butler plays Tomoe in this series and it's so sickenly cute I adore this series to.

There are a few others like Inuyasha I've been watching.

I've also managed to get into manga's now. Which before I'd walk by the section in books a million and be a little overwhelmed because...it's so much and I have no clue what is good. I've read a lot of the black butler series and then I've gotten into a couple other manga.

I really like a manga series called The water dragons bride, I hope they'll eventually make it into an anime.

There are some other I've casually watched bits on youtube but anyway, yea...I'm in the anime/manga hole now guys.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 02, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »
I'm kinda new to anime, not really...I mean I've seen stuff over the years but have never really gotten into watching it until now.

Sadly thanks to Netflix I've managed to sink myself into the dark hole of Anime.

Welcome to the dark side :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #509 on: July 02, 2019, 01:59:04 PM »

Welcome to the dark side :D

Yea, I'm just not always sure what to watch next when I'm scrolling netflix, however. There are some anime out there that kind of annoy me, like Pokemon or Dragon Ball Z stuff like that. I guess those are things that are soooo popular but trying to watch them is like burning my eyes out. Although I do find Inuyasha pretty enjoyable, although silly sometimes it seems relatively cute. I forget what episode I'm on now, can't remember if I'm through the first season of that yet or not.

Netflix has quite a few things to offer but I don't always know which are gonna be bad.

OH OH I just remembered...duh, I watched a new one that popped up on netfix called 7 seeds. I totally blew through that one over the weekend. That was pretty awesome but i got annoyed with how the last episode ended so I'm making the assumption they're gonna make more...cause I was like...NOOOOO it can't end this way (LOL)

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal