collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203789 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #465 on: June 10, 2019, 04:46:06 AM »
I've seen Sound Euphonium but the name liz and the blue bird means nothing to me...its about music though right...??

Yeah. The furuba valentine ep could not be further from thr original anime if it tried ;) Also forgot how awesome their tannin...form teacher...is ;)

Feel bad for the staff of this school sometimes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:35 AM »
That must be really frustrating tikibirds.

When it happens for days at a time it as. The only contact I have with my family is via facebook. SO when the VPN isn't working, I feel like I am isolated and trapped on the other side of the world, inside a communist country.
Other people use apps like skype or wechat which has free internet calling but let's just say my mother is technology challenged.  -_-

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2019, 04:22:49 PM »
Thanks Taffeta. :) I was worried that I might miss something since I haven't seen Sound Euphonium. The main characters in Liz and the Blue Bird are Mizore and Nozomi. They are practicing a difficult duet for a performance.

I never thought about the teachers at the school in Fruits Basket before. I wonder if they are confused when the Somhas dissapear so suddenly.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2019, 10:26:36 AM »
I picked up Sailor Moon Stars part 1 today.

Ponyfan

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
Polygon wants to ban Attack on Titan because it unleashes hate. I hate them  :enraged:

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »
I watched Made In Abyss for the first time because it finally appeared on Netflix and what should I say...? I knew virtually nothing about it going in. Only thing I knew was that a friend of mine liked it and wanted me to watch it.

My reaction: what the HECK was that?! I will admit, I love the art style, ideas, designs and music. I also liked the "rabbit".
But o m g this anime is miserable... the kids, especially the girls get tortured all the time, emotionally as well as physically. The two protags, a boy and a girl, are also weirdly sexualized sometimes.

I was told to read a few chapters of the manga because a friend told me it's even worse about this stuff and she wanted to see me outraged, I guess. I only read one chapter and yes, it was worse and I wish I could bleach my eyes.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 02:17:03 PM by Zapper »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2019, 02:25:02 PM »
I feel that about the King's Game, for different reasons.

I imagine there are folk who like the twisty dark of it but my brain is one of those that goes into the what if consequences and starts to think about how x character felt at y moment and so on and it still even now torments me that I watched as far as I did as I cannot completely forget that one scene that made me turn it off, delete it from my list and swear never to go near it again.

Dark for the sake of dark sometimes is just not on for me. I like dark themes and twists and stuff, but there's dark and then there's that. And that is beyond me.

Post Merge: June 22, 2019, 09:32:35 AM

New ep of Furuba.

Spoiler
Very well done. Blows the original version out of the water with the detail nuances.

Kyou's cat eyes as well...makes me think the you know what is coming sooner rather than later.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

O.o.

Tohru met Akito, and the whole thing with Yuki and the trauma was much better outlined than in the original.

And that scene with Hatsuharu and the school council president...xD.

Looks like Ayame next week...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 09:40:21 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2019, 03:31:06 AM »
Fruits Basket it doesn’t take an idiot to know that Hatsu showed his
Spoiler
cucumber
to the president. But Tohru is such a airhead she doesn’t know.

I hope they don’t have the bagpipes playing when Ayame is talking couldn’t hear him very well in the first one. Hope they have the sound of when he pops up in snake form that was funny.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2019, 06:43:23 AM »
I'm hoping to have time to watch a couple more episodes of Yona this week.  :)

New ep of Furuba.

Spoiler
Very well done. Blows the original version out of the water with the detail nuances.

Kyou's cat eyes as well...makes me think the you know what is coming sooner rather than later.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

O.o.

Tohru met Akito, and the whole thing with Yuki and the trauma was much better outlined than in the original.

And that scene with Hatsuharu and the school council president...xD.

Looks like Ayame next week...

Spoiler
I feel the original was pretty vague with Yuki's trauma and gives the wrong impression on why Yuki was so worried when he found Akito alone with Torhu.

I love that picture of Kyo's cat eyes. I see the true form hinted at in them.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »

Spoiler
I feel the original was pretty vague with Yuki's trauma and gives the wrong impression on why Yuki was so worried when he found Akito alone with Torhu.

Ponyfan

Yay, Yona :D

Spoiler
I think the true form is coming too. I absolutely see it in those eyes. It's a great expression though. Very effective. I always enjoyed the humour in the new school term in the original anime but I think this ep did all of it better. I also have to say that while I still find Hari's voice a bit disconcerting, the new Japanese voice cast in general are doing a stellar job and I don't mind any more that they've changed.

Although that guy doing Yuki's voice is in literally everything I watch at the moment, which is giving me this strange gestalt entity character in my head every time I hear his voice...Shimazaki Nobunaga I think it is?

I also wonder if it's there because he's angry at Akito or because of some greater link between the two of them cursewise. It's been a while since I read the manga so I have forgotten the details but I can't remember Kyou ever really spending a lot of time near Akito - in fact, he seems to be not invited to things like the banquet.

I agree on Yuki's trauma. It's actually quite haunting in this episode, but it makes it harder to understand
Spoiler
why Shigure has any interest in Akito, or why we're meant to accept/forgive Akito's actions given everything else...I never liked her from the start, in the original anime, especially in the manga, and I don't really like her now. Albeit I understand she's under a lot of pressure and such and it's not a nice position to be in - but that doesn't give her free reign and allow the things she does.

also re Akito
Spoiler
This episode also had Tooru (inner thoughts only) express Akito as male (kare). In Japanese you don't have to give a pronoun, he or she, so I find it interesting that she does that so clearly. A lot of people on CR were posting comments like, "till this ep I thought Akito was a girl." Well, that's gonna be a doubleshock for them later on isn't it...

@Brightrabbit - I don't remember the bagpipes, it's been a while since I watched it...I wonder how they will handle Yuki and Ayame given how they've handled the nuances thus far and also how they've shaded in especially Shigure but also to a degree Hari. Hopefully they'll do that for Ayame as well.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2019, 08:36:45 AM »
I watched Made In Abyss for the first time because it finally appeared on Netflix and what should I say...? [....]
the kids, especially the girls get tortured all the time, emotionally as well as physically. The two protags, a boy and a girl, are also weirdly sexualized sometimes.

I enjoyed the story but that freaked me out to be honest... I dont like sexualisation of such young protagonist in general. I still want to see the rest of the story as it was a nice idea imo!

Im currently re-wachting Neon Genesis Evangelion, my all time favourite Anime <3 (Netflix, yaaaaay!!!)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2019, 02:36:37 PM »
I watched Made In Abyss for the first time because it finally appeared on Netflix and what should I say...? [....]
the kids, especially the girls get tortured all the time, emotionally as well as physically. The two protags, a boy and a girl, are also weirdly sexualized sometimes.

I enjoyed the story but that freaked me out to be honest... I dont like sexualisation of such young protagonist in general. I still want to see the rest of the story as it was a nice idea imo!

There is a movie coming that centers on the chapters of the manga that came after the chapters they adapted for the anime. Like you I was curious how the story would progress and that is why I went and read some of the manga, and omg it gets worse and worse. The child torture gets to a crazy extreme and there is p*dophilia.

Warning, I'll put what happens to the kids under a spoiler
Spoiler
one of the White Whistles surgically dissects their bodies then puts their remains in cartridges that ooze blood and gore and somehow these devices power him. He also se*ually abuses his adopted daughter and she ends up dissected and ultimately sacrifices herself to become material for an actual whistle.
I dropped the entire series after reading that chapter becuse I can't deal with stuff like this.

I was told by a friend it gets even worse after these events, that the kids are almost getting violated and stuff. It's just not for me and I hate that the art is so cute you kind of want to know what it is about, so you check it out and get burned like this.
I will read recaps from now on because really, I am fainthearted when it comes to cruelty against children but I want to know what happened to Lyza...

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

Yay, Yona :D

Spoiler
I think the true form is coming too. I absolutely see it in those eyes. It's a great expression though. Very effective. I always enjoyed the humour in the new school term in the original anime but I think this ep did all of it better. I also have to say that while I still find Hari's voice a bit disconcerting, the new Japanese voice cast in general are doing a stellar job and I don't mind any more that they've changed.

Although that guy doing Yuki's voice is in literally everything I watch at the moment, which is giving me this strange gestalt entity character in my head every time I hear his voice...Shimazaki Nobunaga I think it is?

I also wonder if it's there because he's angry at Akito or because of some greater link between the two of them cursewise. It's been a while since I read the manga so I have forgotten the details but I can't remember Kyou ever really spending a lot of time near Akito - in fact, he seems to be not invited to things like the banquet.

I agree on Yuki's trauma. It's actually quite haunting in this episode, but it makes it harder to understand
Spoiler
why Shigure has any interest in Akito, or why we're meant to accept/forgive Akito's actions given everything else...I never liked her from the start, in the original anime, especially in the manga, and I don't really like her now. Albeit I understand she's under a lot of pressure and such and it's not a nice position to be in - but that doesn't give her free reign and allow the things she does.

also re Akito
Spoiler
This episode also had Tooru (inner thoughts only) express Akito as male (kare). In Japanese you don't have to give a pronoun, he or she, so I find it interesting that she does that so clearly. A lot of people on CR were posting comments like, "till this ep I thought Akito was a girl." Well, that's gonna be a doubleshock for them later on isn't it...

Spoiler
I totally agree about Akito. I feel like the manga wants us to forgive Akito's actions but I also find it hard to justify her behavior especially towards Rin and Kyo. At one point Akito tells someone that she's deliberately toying with Kyo by promising him he will become a  member of the Zodiac if he beats Yuki in a fight.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 24, 2019, 07:08:50 AM »
Watched the first part of the Sailor Moon Sailor Stars series this weekend.  Some of the names of attacks made me go  "O_o What?"

Spoiler
"Star Gentle Uterus" (yes, Uterus) and "Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss"

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 24, 2019, 07:38:16 AM »
Watched the first part of the Sailor Moon Sailor Stars series this weekend.  Some of the names of attacks made me go  "O_o What?"

Spoiler
"Star Gentle Uterus" (yes, Uterus) and "Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss"

Maker... creation... uterus... womb.... I kinda get it. It's a bit awkward because it's a body part.

But really. Most attacks don't make sense. https://sailormoon.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Attacks

I always was thrown off by sparkling wide pressure.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal