collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203821 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #450 on: June 03, 2019, 07:10:11 AM »

Which one is Glitter Force? IIRC only the original series and one of the later ones got dubbed, right?

I think Glitter Force is Smile Precure.

Ponyfan

Glitter force : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile_PreCure!

There's also glitter force doki doki on netflix. : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DokiDoki!_PreCure

Thanks banditpony. :) It gets a little confusing for me to find the correct title for the anime when Netflix changes the title to something that's completely different from the original.

@Taffeta I found Yona of the Dawn on Hulu. :) Do you recommend starting the manga before watching the anime?
Has anything really interesting happened in the new Fruits Basket anime? I'm still trying to find somewhere to watch the new episodes.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2019, 09:04:35 AM »
Couldn’t watch Attack on Titan because  :cry: Erwin Smith is dead  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #452 on: June 03, 2019, 12:19:20 PM »
@Taffeta I found Yona of the Dawn on Hulu. :) Do you recommend starting the manga before watching the anime?
Has anything really interesting happened in the new Fruits Basket anime? I'm still trying to find somewhere to watch the new episodes.

Ponyfan

I can only speak from my experience, and I watched the anime first and then wanted to know what happened after the series ended, so got hooked on the manga. I'm maybe not the best person to ask since I basically watched it because it was the first anime on my CR queue and CR was playing up and not scrolling through my queue so I just hit that and went with it.

And got hooked really quickly.

Spoiler
The start is a bit brutal though.

The anime series covers vols 1-8 of the manga (I don't know what number volume it's up to in translation, vol 29 came out in Japanese in April, it's ongoing still). There are also three OVA episodes which are mostly side scenes except that the backstory for one character from a later manga volume - forget which, maybe 13 or 15 - was made into an OVA DVD and released with one of the manga volumes, because otherwise you don't get his backstory in the actual anime.

I think the weakness with the anime is that there isn't a second season (yet, I live in hope)...

Re Furuba - the last episode was the marathon and Tooru meeting Hatsuharu.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2019, 08:42:12 AM »
I just watched A Silent Voice. It was very good but also intense.  I also started the Yona anime. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:17:16 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 06, 2019, 02:57:59 PM »
I just watched A Silent Voice. It was very good but also intense.  I also started the Yona anime. :)

Ponyfan

Yay for Yona :D
Yay for Hak ;)

I have seen Silent Voice listed on I think Netflix, and added it to my list, but haven't got around to watching it yet.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2019, 07:26:09 PM »

Ponyfan

Yay for Hak ;)

I have seen Silent Voice listed on I think Netflix, and added it to my list, but haven't got around to watching it yet.

I can't say too much about A Silent Voice since I don't want to spoil anything for you. :biggrin: 

I've watched 5 episodes of Yona and I'm already hooked on it.  :D 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:44:48 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 08, 2019, 01:54:46 AM »

Ponyfan

Yay for Hak ;)

I can't say too much about A Silent Voice since I don't want to spoil anything for you. :biggrin: 

I've watched 5 episodes of Yona and I'm already hooked on it.  :D 

Ponyfan

Yay! We shall have to have long detailed PM conversations about it so we don't break the forum ;) It starts off so brutally and yet it also starts off so funny. Hak literally from the get go <3.

There was no ep of Furuba this week. At least, not on CR. Which rather threw me. 9 is not the usual time for a season ep break...

I will have to make some time to watch a Silent Voice. It does look intriguing.

I watched the whole run of Hiza-ue this week. (I think in English, my Roomate is a Cat is the title).

It's the story of a guy who lost his parents in an accident and who lives a fairly isolated life as a writer who really dislikes being in crowds or dealing with other people. One day he sees a stray cat, gets inspired for a new story so takes the cat home. The story then details the adjustments of both man and cat (giving the viewpoint of both) to their new living arrangements and the things they both learn from it.

It's very simple but so clever and very cute <3.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:01:14 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 08, 2019, 04:19:17 AM »
Due to the 30th anniversary of the Tienamen square massacare and China's unwillingness to admit it ever happened, my internet has been not working for the past week... :cry:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 08, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
I'd really enjoy discussing  Yona in depth with you Taffeta. :) Even though I've only seen a few episodes I already really like Hak.

Spoiler
I feel there is more to Su-Won than meets the eye. He can be so heartless and cruel at times and yet he said that hearing Son Mundok say he thought of him as another grandson made him happy.  It makes me wonder if someone might be using Su-Won as a pawn?

I will have to look up My Rommate is a Cat.:)

I noticed Amazon has the new Fruits Basket anime up but it cost $2.99 an episode. It gives me hope though that the episodes might appear on other formats soon too. I agree that it does seem a little strange to take a break after only 9 episodes.

@tikibirds I hope your internet starts working again soon.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:19:35 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »
The tenth ep of Furuba has appeared. I guess it just didn't update on my app for some reason, as I can see it now on the CR website. So I guess it isn't pausing here after all. It's so weird given the timeline as this one is now valentines xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2019, 12:29:26 PM »
@tikibirds I hope your internet starts working again soon.

eh, it happens a few times a year. China upgrades the internet censorship "the great firewall of china" and it blocks all VPN access to the outside world. The VPN servcies than have to find a way around the upgraded firewall or whatever it is that they use to block access to sites like facebook, instagram, ect. They usually upgrade it whenever something "big" is happening. This time it was the anniversary of the tienamen square massacare which the gov't denies ever happened.

I can access stuff like pony island, yahoo, mlp arena without the use of a VPN but for any streaming sites or social media or anything that runs off google, I need the be logged into a VPN.

Basically a VPN says I am accessing the web from another location, like USA-> Santa Monica or UK->Wembley, when in reality I am accessing the internet from Yinchuan, China.

Equally annoying is that some streaming sites like Netflix and Crunchyroll block access to the site if they detect its being accessed via a VPN, so only certain locations work - currently only UK->wembly works for crunchyroll and nothing has worked for netflix at least not using the VPN I have.

so I have quite a few eps to catch up on AND this is a 8 day holiday week. Plus I have a bad cold so guess what Im gonna be doing.

Need to watch the latest epsiodes for:
fruits basket
Bakamatsu crisis
Bungo stray dogs
boruto
Midnight occult civil servants
demon slayer something or other
ge ge ge no kitaro

yeah, i have no life. Sad, really.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:32:23 PM by tikibirds »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2019, 12:46:12 PM »
Being tied to the UK CR must be a pain since there are a lot of anime series licensed in the US for CR that aren't on our streaming service.

Although that said, when I was living in North London, one of the series that was blocked on the site when I was on the PC wasn't blocked on my app o.O. I watched the whole thing and then went onto the main site to see people complaining about it not being there o.o.

So sometimes I'm not sure even CR know what they're streaming and what they're not. Like the new Furuba ep. Didn't show on my app, but was on the website. And with Bungo Stray Dogs for ages on my app it wanted to either play from the middle of season 2 or with a French Dub that then crashed the app - whereas on the website it played just fine in Japanese from the start...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2019, 08:53:29 PM »
Really?
They all seem to be there, at least the ones I watch. However, I have noticed that if I am using my Amazon Kindle - I get a message saying something like "we are preparing this show for your device" for the latest episodes. Sometimes, the shows are a week behind and others - it takes a few weeks before I can watch on my kindle.

They all seem to work on my phone, but the site has somehow banned my computer. All i get is a message saying your IP address is banned. >.<

I wonder if it depends on how you watch it - tablet, phone, computer. My phones run off andriod but my kindle does not so maybe that somehow affects what you can and can not watch?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2019, 12:11:16 AM »
Really?
They all seem to be there, at least the ones I watch. However, I have noticed that if I am using my Amazon Kindle - I get a message saying something like "we are preparing this show for your device" for the latest episodes. Sometimes, the shows are a week behind and others - it takes a few weeks before I can watch on my kindle.

They all seem to work on my phone, but the site has somehow banned my computer. All i get is a message saying your IP address is banned. >.<

I wonder if it depends on how you watch it - tablet, phone, computer. My phones run off andriod but my kindle does not so maybe that somehow affects what you can and can not watch?

Not usually, but in terms of the series, the series doesn't show up if it's not licensed in your country so you wouldn't see it anyway. But when I've checked other shows they show up as being available in the US, just not in the UK. ;)

I think that part of the problem is the firestick app, because it's not totally stable. It's also not possible to turn off subs on the app, even though the mistakes in them often annoy me - whereas on the PC I can. I don't like watching on the PC though, so :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2019, 03:46:20 AM »
That must be really frustrating tikibirds.

Taffeta, I've noticed the same thing in the US with some animes. For example when I Google Fruits Basket Google lists  Amazon Prime, iTunes, Hulu and Netflix as having Fruits Basket available but Fruits Basket is not liscened for US Netflix. Google doesn't make this distiction though so the only way someone finds out that it's not avaliable is through trying to search for it on Netflix. 

I guess airing the Valentine's epsiode now is to keep the timeline of the new series consistent.

Several months ago I bought a few anime movies that looked interesting but that I didn't have time to watch at the moment. I am hoping to catch up on them soon. One of the movies that I bought was Liz and the Blue Bird. I saw a few reviews that mention Liz and the Blue Bird is acutally a spin off of a series called Sound Euphorium. Is anyone familar with that sereis? Is it one that I should watch before watching Liz and the Blue Bird?

I'm looking forward to Viz's North America release of Sailor Moon Stars part 1 and I'm on episode 9 of Yona of the Dawn. :)

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal