collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 204534 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2019, 02:36:42 PM »
hey folks :) Do you maybe have a tip for me what to watch next ? Id like something like ... hm... lets say something with for example monsters, zombies, other bad guys or something else thrilling! Gimme some input please :P
You may already have seen it, but Re: Zero sprang to mind from your description. The main guy basically finds himself in a new world in which he gets killed a lot...kind of like a game reset when he has to then renegotiate the danger to survive to the next day. I admit that I got distracted and never did finish watching it, but I remember there are a lot of monsters and stuff.

For short anime (12 episodes or so) two I really like are Charlotte and Erased. They don't have monsters, they do have weird things going on in them though. Charlotte seems like it's just about a bunch of kids with temporary powers trying to stop others from using similar, but it's never that simple. And Erased is about a guy who is accused of murder and in escaping the police he ends up back trying to solve a crime that happened when he was a kid.

Also, if you haven't ever watched or read it, I recommend Saiyuuki.
It is very hard to explain Saiyuuki to anyone, and the original series is old so the early animation is a bit ropey in places. The manga is also better because there's one filler arc and they made a total mess of the best manga arc. But even so it's a favourite of mine. If you are familiar, or don't like it, ignore this, but if not, it's a story when a priest with a gun and a short temper, an immortal earth demon and two half demons go on a long journey from China to India in a jeep that sometimes turns into a dragon, trying to prevent the world's demons attacking the world's humans. Which obviously is a nefarious plot being plotted in India. But more importantly than the plot is really the journey, and the characters. It's loosely based on an old Chinese tale in which the writer has taken all the original characteristics and basically reversed them in her characters xD.

I have a ton more I could spam at you but I won't, since it's really hard to gauge someone else';s likes and dislikes xD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2019, 01:01:03 PM »
saiyuuki is a lot of fun :D 
last thing I watched was Dragon Pilot ? it was very happy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:03:34 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #317 on: January 13, 2019, 01:07:58 PM »
Thank you both :) Ill try them out! Re: Zero especially sounds interesting!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 13, 2019, 10:42:32 PM »
Thank you both :) Ill try them out! Re: Zero especially sounds interesting!

No problem :D
I really need to find time to get back and finish Re: Zero, since I was watching it back when it aired but then got bogged down in academic work so only got about 2/3 in. It seems a pretty popular series though. And the concept, while occasionally a bit disturbing, is really interesting.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »
I'm still working on the original Fruits Basket. I have around 7 episodes left. I found this trailer for the new series on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yImLCDyxZjM

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2019, 01:36:34 PM »
I'm still working on the original Fruits Basket. I have around 7 episodes left. I found this trailer for the new series on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yImLCDyxZjM

Ponyfan

How to give the minimum amount of detail possible!
I have to say, though, it feels ok? I mean, as though it has the sense of the story? And she sounds like Touru to me...so...? I am quite interested to see how it all pans out. Though it's ridiculous that it's taken this long...it gives me hope for other series with missing manga arcs in the anime adaptation. I am still hoping for Saiyuuki's Even a Worm arc to be done properly, rather than just referred back to in a few hurried still shots in Reload Blast. From a continuity point of view there are problematic gaps for anyone who only watches Saiyuuki's anime...(besides it being the best Saiyuuki arc in my opinion from the manga :/)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2019, 12:18:37 PM »
I also think the new Fruits Basket anime might be okay too. :) It looks like from the video that they are trying to keep the feel of the original anime while completing the story. That being said if I didn't have a basic idea of what the story is about this video would be really confusing.

I just watched Your Name again. :lovey: I was watching it the other night but got distracted about halfway through the movie and also had 2 family members decided to watch the last 15-20 minutes of the movie so I had to explain the basic plot to them.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:22:44 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2019, 01:35:15 PM »
I've been watching a bunch of drama lately (we don't have a thread for that, funny enough). I'm looking forward to the furuba anime although watching it ep by ep will be annoying xD I like to watch anime series at my own pace so it might be I wait till it's done airing before I watch. In any case I agree, Ponyfan. It seems to have respected the original while promising to do the whole story this time.

I always feel that where the old anime ends gives the wrong impression about
Spoiler
Yuki's relationship with/interest in Tooru
and so it will be nice to see that fixed. That, and the other rather major...issue with the original anime as regards
Spoiler
Akito

I just wish that it had the original cast, because they were awesome. And it is quite unusual in Japan for characters to be passed between voice artists. In series like Saiyuuki, since the Gensoumaden anime and so on, the seiyuu have been the same. That's almost 20 years of continuity to the same character. True, this is a remake, but I still feel like I'd rather have Seki Tomokazu as Kyou and Okiayu Ryoutarou as Shigure...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2019, 02:06:19 AM »
There isn't really much I am interested in on Crunchyroll this season.
Only Monrose Mononokean 2, Boruto and Meji Tokyo Something (forgot the name). Lately the VPN hasn;t been working very well so I'm having a hard time trying to access it anyways - Except for Boruto. Apparently that is allowed to be shown in China..
I just got back from Okinawa and still had to use the VPN...kinda odd since they are all Japanese shows anyways.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2019, 08:30:06 AM »
There isn't really much I am interested in on Crunchyroll this season.
Only Monrose Mononokean 2, Boruto and Meji Tokyo Something (forgot the name). Lately the VPN hasn;t been working very well so I'm having a hard time trying to access it anyways - Except for Boruto. Apparently that is allowed to be shown in China..
I just got back from Okinawa and still had to use the VPN...kinda odd since they are all Japanese shows anyways.

Don’t watch Monrose Monokean 3, with the sexual accusation against Vic Mignogna, Funimation has redubbed over his lines plus fired him along with another company. All thanks to Monica Rial and Jaime  Marchi.

Stick with the anime sub from now on.

I’m on the fence with this going on.

I’m watching Black Butler season five on Netflix, they don’t have the other four seasons.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2019, 09:38:07 AM »
I hadn't heard about the stuff with Vic.  That surprises me because I've met him a couple of times at comic cons and he didn't come across like that at all.  If anything, I thought he was gay because he's super flamboyant.

(And, seriously, check out the fringe on those pants!)

I don't know what exactly he's been accused of because I haven't seen any actual details-I've been looking and all it says is "sexual harassment" but nothing stating whether it's comments or touching or whatever people are claiming is harassment these days.  I know guys that have been accused of sexual harassment because they touched a woman's arm to get her attention without her permission, so until I know more details I'm going to go with my personal experiences with him and judge him from that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:48:53 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2019, 09:56:05 AM »
I hadn't heard about the stuff with Vic.  That surprises me because I've met him a couple of times at comic cons and he didn't come across like that at all.  If anything, I thought he was gay because he's super flamboyant.

I don't know what exactly he's been accused of because I haven't seen any actual details-I've been looking and all it says is "sexual harassment" but nothing stating whether it's comments or touching or whatever people are claiming is harassment these days.  I know guys that have been accused of sexual harassment because they touched a woman's arm to get her attention without her permission, so until I know more details I'm going to go with my personal experiences with him and judge him from that.

You should see some of the videos on YouTube with people backing him up. I’ve unsubscribed to two you tubers Geekdom101, and Foreverworld. Both are backing Monica Rial and Jaime Marchi only because they’re getting money from them two.

Like you I’m waiting for the details as well, plus Monica Rial has sexually assaulted someone who was a minor at the time.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2019, 10:23:38 AM »

You should see some of the videos on YouTube with people backing him up. I’ve unsubscribed to two you tubers Geekdom101, and Foreverworld. Both are backing Monica Rial and Jaime Marchi only because they’re getting money from them two.

Like you I’m waiting for the details as well, plus Monica Rial has sexually assaulted someone who was a minor at the time.

Yeah, in looking for information, I found her twitter feed where she said that people could get fired for harassment without proof and nobody owed proof to Vic's fans.  Seems suspicious to me, especially where I've been on the side of being falsely accused of sexually harassing someone
Spoiler
Long story short, it boiled down to I didn't invite a male co-worker who claimed he was a woman over for a sleepover--which I wasn't having to begin with--and which I wouldn't have invited him anyway because he was harassing me--but since he was "really a woman" and "women can't harass each other", even though I had actual proof he was harassing me and 11 other co-workers, I was the one put at fault.  Yeah, lots wrong with that workplace which is why it's the only place I've ever quit without notice.
so I tend to take no-proof allegations with a big grain of salt. 

Anyway to get back on topic so we don't get yelled at, I'm rewatching Sailor Moon.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:25:15 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »
Anyway to get back on topic so we don't get yelled at, I'm rewatching Sailor Moon.

Uh. O_o; REALLY off topic (WYP appropriate). I had to double check what thread I was in.

I've watched too much random youtube, and I'm trying to figure out a way to burn all my DVDs and keep the subtitles when locally streaming. Something isn't working with VLC when we are casting it to the TV.

This, coupled with the fact when I bought my KOR DVDs from AnimEigo they didn't work on my DVD because of some defect. (I forget what they called it... it had a name in reference to coffee ring or something). So the DVDs worked on some DVDs and not others. The company was nice enough to replace them.

Does anyone else have this concern about DVDs not lasting forever? I don't want to lose my media.. and some things probably will never be released again (lost license etc).

Related to that-- There was thread in OT recently about old anime we wish we could find on DVD. My thought was there was "bad dub" of Dirty Pair Project Eden... it was released on VHS... but when the DVD came out the new company re-did the dub. I bought that, and it was... ok. But not what I grew up with! But THEN after digging, there must of been enough complaints they rereleased the movie with BOTH dubs!

XD It's on my need to watch immediately list, but meh, I gotta boot up the old laptop with DVD drive because my newer laptops (work and personal) don't have one.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:40:42 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2019, 11:04:25 AM »
I noticed Viz just released the Sailor Moon SuperS movie. I liked the Sailor Moon S movie but wasn't interested in the Sailor Moon R one.

Another one I've been looking at is Lu over the Wall. Has anyone seen that one?

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal