collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203860 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »

I’m almost halfway through the Friuts Basket anime and I love how multidimensional the characters are. I just watched the episode where Momiji takes Tohru to the Hot Spring and Momiji’s song is stuck in my head now. :lol: 

Ponyfan

You have my sympathies ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2018, 06:59:30 PM »

I’m almost halfway through the Friuts Basket anime and I love how multidimensional the characters are. I just watched the episode where Momiji takes Tohru to the Hot Spring and Momiji’s song is stuck in my head now. :lol: 

Ponyfan

You have my sympathies ;)

It's still in my head :lol:

Spoiler
Who's  in the forest strolling?
The birds and the bees sing "Momiji"
The frogs in the pond are calling, "Momiji, yes it's true!"

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2019, 09:17:13 AM »
I just watched Fireworks and have to say:

Spoiler
Although the animation is beautiful and the the plot has promise, I have to admit that I was dissapointed in many elements of the film, mostly that the plot eventually becomes hard to follow and the ending leaves more questions than it answers about the alternate realities that the firework ball creates and the consequences of changing events to a more preferred outcome. 

I wanted to like Nazuna but she doesn’t have any reason for running away except she doesn’t like her soon to be stepfather and wants to be “the bad girl” her mother is trying to stop her from becoming. She even mentions she is under age and wants to get a nighttime job.

Ponyfan

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2019, 10:52:40 AM »
Rewatching Puella Magi Madoka Magica since it's been a while, just finished episode 9 (my favourite). -sniff-

I hope they do another Madoka series/movie/SOME kind of continuation, eventually...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2019, 04:06:32 PM »
Just finished watching Skip Beat.  It's cute, but I feel like they ended it in a weird spot.  I think it's one that was made before the manga was finished so they could do a second season if they wanted.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2019, 05:04:42 PM »
Just finished watching Skip Beat.  It's cute, but I feel like they ended it in a weird spot.  I think it's one that was made before the manga was finished so they could do a second season if they wanted.

I still have that to watch on my list. But anime ending in weird places is annoying :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2019, 06:25:32 AM »
The swimming race scene from Fireworks illustrates one of the problems I have with Fireworks. Beautiful animation that is suddenly changed for no reason like Norimici appearing like a paper cutout at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4p0sIQ8gMA

Ponyfan

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 08, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
I don't know whether it counts as anime, but the netflix Castlevania is amazing, I binge watched it in two days. It's bloody and graphic at times, be warned ;)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 09, 2019, 09:00:37 AM »
I just finished the 2nd part of Season 2 of Ladybug at Cat Noir. 

Spoiler

Wow! :)  I love how each episode adds more depth to the characters. My guess about Gabriel’s wish was correct and I feel more sympathy now seeing how desperate he is to make his wish come true and how much he cares about Adrien even when he’s Hawk Moth. Natalie seemed ill after she used the Peacock Miraculous, maybe if the miraculous is damaged it affects the person who tries to use it negatively? 

I wonder if Gabriel and Adrien will ever detransform in front of each other and find out their secret identities? Whenever Master Fu opens the Miraculous box it looks like there are several miraculous that we haven’t seen the powers of yet.

I’m afraid I’m going to have to wait quite a while for Season 3 on Netflix.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:10:48 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 09, 2019, 03:33:28 PM »

Spoiler

Wow! :)  I love how each episode adds more depth to the characters. My guess about Gabriel’s wish was correct and I feel more sympathy now seeing how desperate he is to make his wish come true and how much he cares about Adrien even when he’s Hawk Moth. Natalie seemed ill after she used the Peacock Miraculous, maybe if the miraculous is damaged it affects the person who tries to use it negatively? 

I wonder if Gabriel and Adrien will ever detransform in front of each other and find out their secret identities? Whenever Master Fu opens the Miraculous box it looks like there are several miraculous that we haven’t seen the powers of yet.

Ponyfan

We really ought to have a proper discussion on this ;)

Spoiler
I've never really hated Gabriel, I felt like S2 fleshed him out nicely as someone who is desperate, not evil. IN fact, I also realised something else. Even though he akumatises people, which is bad, there is always resolution, which is weirdly good. So when Ladybug and Chat Noir save the akumatised person, whatever the issue is that made them akumatised in the first place gets addressed and the people move on with their lives. Ironically, by making them all akuma, Gabriel is actually resolving society's various problems. Weird. I am assuming whatever hurt Nathalie is what really hurt Gabriel;s wife, and the fact Gabriel doesn't want Nathalie to use the peacock indicates he cares about her.

I think it's interesting too that Marinette has had interaction with Plagg a few times now, and that Plagg and Tiki know the real identities of the other's master but it's still a secret. I rather hope one of them will find out the other's secret in season 3, but I guess it depends. I think you're lucky you've been able to watch S.2 in an organised way, though. I have it all recorded on my box at home from Disney channel and POP but it took some time to get to that point and the airing schedule was nuts...

I have been rewatching Inuyasha lately. I haven't watched this in a long time, and I am watching bits and pieces, not necessarily all the episodes, because I can't stand Kikyou and I'm not hugely keen on Naraku, either. But it's still fun to watch. Although now I watch the moments when armies appear with a curiosity trying to identify the badges on the standards xD.

I really want a second season of Akatsuki no Yona but that doesn't seem to be immediately likely. It's a shame if it doesn't happen, especially for Zeno because although he has his ova, season 1 ends with them just meeting him. Although I grant that animating some of his scenes might be a little graphic..?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 03:35:06 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 09, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »
I'm re-watching Haikyu while I walk on the treadmill.  I forgot how hilarious that show is!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2019, 08:04:56 AM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

We really ought to have a proper discussion on this ;)

Spoiler
I've never really hated Gabriel, I felt like S2 fleshed him out nicely as someone who is desperate, not evil. IN fact, I also realised something else. Even though he akumatises people, which is bad, there is always resolution, which is weirdly good. So when Ladybug and Chat Noir save the akumatised person, whatever the issue is that made them akumatised in the first place gets addressed and the people move on with their lives. Ironically, by making them all akuma, Gabriel is actually resolving society's various problems. Weird. I am assuming whatever hurt Nathalie is what really hurt Gabriel;s wife, and the fact Gabriel doesn't want Nathalie to use the peacock indicates he cares about her.

I think it's interesting too that Marinette has had interaction with Plagg a few times now, and that Plagg and Tiki know the real identities of the other's master but it's still a secret. I rather hope one of them will find out the other's secret in season 3, but I guess it depends. I think you're lucky you've been able to watch S.2 in an organised way, though. I have it all recorded on my box at home from Disney channel and POP but it took some time to get to that point and the airing schedule was nuts...

You're right Taffeta.  I'm going to start a separate thread for Ladybug and Cat Noir :)

Edit: Started the new thread but I wanted to also reply to what you said here. :)

Spoiler
I'd love to find out more about what really happened to Gabriel's wife. I'm pretty sure he told Adrien she dissappeared or something but we know that's not true since he keeps her body in that glass topped coffin. I didn't see that coming at all.

I think your theory about Gabriel's wife dying having something to do with the damaged Peacock Miraculous and it being the same force that hurt Natalie when she tried to use it  is very interesting.

I also think Natlie is in love with Gabriel but he is in such grief over his wife and wants so depserately to bring her back that he didn't realize how much he cared about her until she used the Peacock. I think Gabriel knows more about the damaged Peacock than he's letting on.

I also find it interesting that Tiki and Plagg know who each other's master is. I think there's some kind of code of the Kwamis that they aren't allowed to tell one another who their masters are or tell their master who the other Kwamii's belong to.  It must be especially hard on Tiki since she knows that Marinette is in love with Adrien.

I feel sorry for Cat Noir whenever Ladybug rejects his romantic gestures saying she's in love with someone else not realizing Cat Noir is Adrian. I thought Marinette would have been pretty close to figuring it out when Style Queen turned Adrien in to a statue and she found Plagg at Master Fu’s when Cat Noir didn’t show up. I wonder if Tiki will ever interact with Adrien without Marinette?

I never thought about Hawk Moth's akumazation acutally helping people in the end but you're right.   I think Lila's the only one that still harbors resentment towards Marinette because when Hawk Moth turned her in to Volpina again tha akuma left her without Ladbug destorying it.

It seems Adrien's voice is a little different when he's Cat Noir than when he's just Adrien. 

I'm still watching Fruits Basket anime. I just watched the episode where they went to the lake. I think it's one of my least favorite episodes so far. It seemed most of the episode was Yuki and Kyo arguing.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:46:44 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2019, 09:39:33 AM »

I'm still watching Fruits Basket anime. I just watched the episode where they went to the lake. I think it's one of my least favorite episodes so far. It seemed most of the episode was Yuki and Kyo arguing.

And the rest is the gomen nasai gomen nasai GOMEN NASAI (sorry sorry SORRY!) woman? I admit to skipping said episode most of the time >.>.

Yuki and Kyou do argue a lot though...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2019, 10:50:11 AM »
I usually don't mind when Yuki and Kyo fight too much as it gives insight  in to their true character sometimes but between that and Tohru crying and apologizing all the time, it wasn't a good episode.

Ponyfan

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #314 on: January 12, 2019, 11:31:17 AM »
hey folks :) Do you maybe have a tip for me what to watch next ? Id like something like ... hm... lets say something with for example monsters, zombies, other bad guys or something else thrilling! Gimme some input please :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal