collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202527 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »
I think they didn't know the plot twist either. Not that I liked the twist...

I am more sad at the new voice cast. I liked the old one. Art looks ok to me.

But I will still watch it and hope Momiji in 'Kyou nagutta!!!!' whining mode will be less annoying...

Hopefully it won't stream with a dub. I won't watch unless it is in Japanese.

Now if only they would do the same for the even a worm Saiyuki arc as just pretending it didn't happen and continuing on with blast is going to be a problem if Hazel and when Ukoku reappear...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:08:07 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
oh man yes, I'm with you on Momiji. I stopped watching around when he was introduced so idk, maybe he gets less annoying later on, but I found his voice in the original series really grating x_x;

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »
oh man yes, I'm with you on Momiji. I stopped watching around when he was introduced so idk, maybe he gets less annoying later on, but I found his voice in the original series really grating x_x;
Yeah, it's such a shame because Momiji as a character overall isn't entirely annoying, but those scenes...Put it this way, I totally understand on pretty much every occasion why Kyou hit him. I would probably hit him too.

I have similar reactions to the gomen-nasai gomen-nasai GOMEN NASAI okami-san and her son. More her than Ritsu, really. I don't remember her being so annoying in the manga, but when you animate that...oh dear no.

I love the original anime, don't get me wrong. But it would be nice if the new one improved on those things ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 01, 2018, 05:15:25 AM »
Well at least I know that the one who voices Yuko in the new Fruits Basket also voices Guan Xing in the video game Dyansty Warriors series (only reason why I'm going to watch it)

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 02, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
And the RightStuf holiday sale is on.  Goodbye, money!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2018, 05:30:08 AM »
I need something new to watch...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 14, 2018, 11:06:45 AM »
I understand what you mean about Momiji now. I've only seen 2 episodes of Fruit Baskets with Momiji in them and I already find him a little annoying. 

I finished Sailor Moon Super S Part 2. I really enjoyed it but I'm a little sad that I will have to wait for around 6 months for Sailor Stars to finish the rest of Queen Nehelenia's story arc.

Netflix has added the rest of Season 2 of Ladybug and Cat Noir. :cheer: I can't wait to watch the rest of the season.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2018, 01:48:27 PM »
I understand what you mean about Momiji now. I've only seen 2 episodes of Fruit Baskets with Momiji in them and I already find him a little annoying. 

Ponyfan

The thing is that I can't hate Momiji because when he isn't doing the whining he's actually a character who thinks deeply about stuff and who has his own situation to deal with. And that aspect of it makes him likeable and relatable.  But yeah. The whining :/ He's fifteen for goodness sake...

I think the Okamisan is more annoying (at the onsen) but it's a close call...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »
yeah, I wish the JP version of Pokemon was easier to find. It's weird how hard it is to find subbed episodes, given how huge Pokemon is.

It's of course possible to buy it from Japan, but subbing doesn't seem to happen much. I think there may be a lot of pressure on the licencing aspect and fansubbers don't want to risk it. Countries that speak English get the doctored cut US dubbed versions with the changed names and that's that.

i am REALLY late to this but - it's more the sheer quantity of episodes combined with the rate at which new ones come out and the expectation to sub new ones, is the impression i get from speaking to one of the translators of the main subbing groups, and also just seeing other members' posts around (#pocketmonsters subs, btw). every now and again an older episode will be subbed by this group (though they're not as active, especially since a newer and in my opinion lower quality one has taken on SM, and were able to crank out translations faster...)

anyway... on topic... kemono friends!! i could talk about this anime for HOURS. and then some more hours. s2 is coming soon (january) and i've been watching since the first season aired (watching it live and waiting a week is torture btw). it's so fascinating, even on a surface level just watching s1. and then you dive into it's past and extended works (mainly games, but also a manga)... fantastic character design (and theres MANY characters... nearly 400, maybe over?), charming and cute songs (2 made me cry)... the stories are interesting throughout. it's also one of the only anime i watched recently that's an original story, not an adaptation (it's a sequel to previous works) so it's got that going for it. it feels like every anime nowadays is an adaptation of something. also, the voice actors do a really good job despite nearly all of them being fairly new to the industry (for many it's their first major role)

i won't rattle on any longer, because i can (and have in the past) write paragraphs about it... the only "downside" is the animation (its cg, and a bit janky, due to the budget constraints and small team size) but there's... 3 scenes were it looks actually bad in my opinion, and having grown up with g1 mlp... a bit of weird movement is nothing. though at that point, a lot of the fixes are in the BD version... which can be hard to get a hold of. the official art for it is great anyway (it's drawn and designed by mine yoshizaki, who did keroro gunsou) also some subbing mistakes on behalf of crunchyroll, but they're hardly mistakes as they are... lack of context for the translators? one or two of them do provide... the wrong impression, but the original lines are also a bit vague, so it's not all bad.

(there goes my comment about not rambling on, oops)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 20, 2018, 06:18:53 AM »
I have only seen Pokemon in Japanese raw - either on TV in Japan or from Japanese DVD. I've never seen it fansubbed so can;t comment. But the fansubbing on Bleach was often really bad in terms of how they added in words and drama so I think sometimes it gets done in a rush to meet demand. Manga was the same.

But I do think there are big licensing risks of fansubbing Pokemon.

@bladed - In my opinion there are a lot of anime and manga not adapted from some other thing but I may be misunderstanding your meaning on that. Although I am also interested in anime that represent historical eras or concepts because it crosses over into what I study...(I do draw the line at cute shoujo girls in the sengoku era mind you).

I totally understand the appeal of something with a wider reach than just the anime though. I keep talking about haruka xD which is several games, manga, drama, songs, live events...but so little anime in comparison to what exists (there are 17 volumes of manga but only some of that got animated into the 26 episode hachiyoushou anime).

I'm currently hooked on Akatsuki no Yona which happened totally by accident. But I really like it. My annoyance is that the anime stops at a point where I really want them to continue (hence now reading the manga, which is just making me want even more to see them do more anime, since only 8 volumes are currently animated from 28...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2018, 10:33:32 PM »
I was alerted to the fact that Sentai Filmworks is also having a holiday sale with REALLY good prices.  I bought 16 anime series/sets from them for $89.00.  Most of them were $4.99.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »
I have only seen Pokemon in Japanese raw - either on TV in Japan or from Japanese DVD. I've never seen it fansubbed so can;t comment. But the fansubbing on Bleach was often really bad in terms of how they added in words and drama so I think sometimes it gets done in a rush to meet demand. Manga was the same.

@bladed - In my opinion there are a lot of anime and manga not adapted from some other thing but I may be misunderstanding your meaning on that. Although I am also interested in anime that represent historical eras or concepts because it crosses over into what I study...(I do draw the line at cute shoujo girls in the sengoku era mind you).

I totally understand the appeal of something with a wider reach than just the anime though. I keep talking about haruka xD which is several games, manga, drama, songs, live events...but so little anime in comparison to what exists (there are 17 volumes of manga but only some of that got animated into the 26 episode hachiyoushou anime).

I'm currently hooked on Akatsuki no Yona which happened totally by accident. But I really like it. My annoyance is that the anime stops at a point where I really want them to continue (hence now reading the manga, which is just making me want even more to see them do more anime, since only 8 volumes are currently animated from 28...)

the pokemon fansubbing quality is quite good. i've not spotted any major errors, and if there has been any such as grammatical or if someone pointed an error out it was quickly fixed.

there's definitely a lot of original anime - just feels like the popular seasonal ones that people talk about are all adaptations of manga or light novels, i mean. not saying it's a bad thing by any means, though!

kemono friends has some live events, too... stories unique to said lives, which is great. man i could talk about that series for days.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 25, 2018, 05:42:33 PM »
Did anyone get to see Mirai? It looked really cute, but I don't think it even played at a theater near me. (sigh)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirai_(film)

I'm hoping to remember it whenever it gets released on dvd. But -_-; I never keep up with any new releases, so I'm bound to forget about it.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 26, 2018, 04:23:15 PM »

the pokemon fansubbing quality is quite good. i've not spotted any major errors, and if there has been any such as grammatical or if someone pointed an error out it was quickly fixed.

there's definitely a lot of original anime - just feels like the popular seasonal ones that people talk about are all adaptations of manga or light novels, i mean. not saying it's a bad thing by any means, though!

kemono friends has some live events, too... stories unique to said lives, which is great. man i could talk about that series for days.

I think you are probably the same with that series as I am with Haruka XD.

See I don't much like anime that's created from scratch. I prefer those adapted from manga and novels so I guess that's just a difference in taste. Albeit that's also because the ones I like best I end up bothering to import the manga as well...often the ones from novels are also more detailed in the character and that's my weakness - character. I like that there's something for everyone out there :D
My other weakness though is also seiyuu and I've come across a lot of obscure anime and stuff from following particular artists.

So on the subject of live events as well, I innocently looked up the details for the Haruka 5 stage play (because those are annoying to get hold of and expensive, so I was looking at second hand sales)...and I ended up discovering there are two, and two for 6, and one for 2, and...worst of all...one for 3 which has just been on stage in Japan this past month. I hate not having money for frivolities, but even the live event and matsuri DVDs are not as expensive as the butai. :/

@Banditpony, totally not familiar with that one. Actually even London can be quite bad though for showing Japanese films. I was sort of amazed that Kimi no Na Wa showed here and also in Japanese. Usually it's just Ghibli :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 26, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »
Did anyone get to see Mirai? It looked really cute, but I don't think it even played at a theater near me. (sigh)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirai_(film)

I'm hoping to remember it whenever it gets released on dvd. But -_-; I never keep up with any new releases, so I'm bound to forget about it.

I haven’t heard of that one but it looks interesting. :) I got Fireworks for Christmas but I’ve heard mixed reviews about it.

I’m almost halfway through the Friuts Basket anime and I love how multidimensional the characters are. I just watched the episode where Momiji takes Tohru to the Hot Spring and Momiji’s song is stuck in my head now. :lol: 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal