collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203914 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2018, 06:47:54 AM »
I finished all of the Ladybug and Cat Noir episodes on Netflix. Now I must wait for the rest of Season 2.

I think this is a great song from the Christmas Special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokLObTxt6g

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »
I finished all of the Ladybug and Cat Noir episodes on Netflix. Now I must wait for the rest of Season 2.

Ponyfan

Up there with angsty Adrien/Chat.

On another note, they say often that Chloe is behind the akumatisation of lots of people, which is true, but on balance, I think Marinette accidentally causes it just as often by not realising things until much later.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2018, 11:47:50 AM »
Might rewatch Hakuoki season one again, I hope I don't cry again when one of my favs is killed.

Or I can watch Sailor Moon (original not the crystal) ... but I cry when Nephlight dies.

Or I can watch Gina Nagareboshi Gin or Wolf's Rain.

Or maybe Batman Ninja

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2018, 12:06:54 PM »
Might rewatch Hakuoki season one again, I hope I don't cry again when one of my favs is killed.

Anything involving the Shinsengumi is automatically heartbreaking. Because as it goes on, they almost all just die. One by one. And what makes it worse is that they really did just die, one by one. :/ Having just finished the Shinsengumi drama I am still emotionally traumatised by the whole experience. Albeit isn't it the second season that's really the gutwrencher in Hakuouki terms? I can't remember that anyone actually died in season 1, they just became, you know, othered.

I like Hakuouki but am always weirded out about the ochimizu and the oni. And most of all the fact there is/was a museum in Japan of the Bakumatsu which was using Hakuouki as a way to tell Japanese history...xD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2018, 12:16:02 PM »

Ponyfan

Up there with angsty Adrien/Chat.

On another note, they say often that Chloe is behind the akumatisation of lots of people, which is true, but on balance, I think Marinette accidentally causes it just as often by not realising things until much later.

One thing I love about Ladybug and Cat Noir is how multidimensional the characters are. Marinette  and Adrien aren’t perfect and still make mistakes in both their ordinary lives and superhero forms and even Hawkmoth isn’t completely evil even though he’s the main antagonist.

I agree with you about Marinette and Chloe. I think the main difference between them is Chloe is  usually selfish and willing to hurt other people/get them out of her way to get what she wants but Marinette often jumps to conclusions or doesn’t realize how her actions will affect those around her.

I’m also watching Sailor Moon SuperS part 2 from Viz.
Ponyfan

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »

Anything involving the Shinsengumi is automatically heartbreaking. Because as it goes on, they almost all just die. One by one. And what makes it worse is that they really did just die, one by one. :/ Having just finished the Shinsengumi drama I am still emotionally traumatised by the whole experience. Albeit isn't it the second season that's really the gutwrencher in Hakuouki terms? I can't remember that anyone actually died in season 1, they just became, you know, othered.

I like Hakuouki but am always weirded out about the ochimizu and the oni. And most of all the fact there is/was a museum in Japan of the Bakumatsu which was using Hakuouki as a way to tell Japanese history...xD

Susumu Yamazaki gets killed by Hijikata. Hence why I hate Hijikata, when it got to that episode I removed the disc from my PS4 and put Ouran Highschool Host Club on to the Halloween episode.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »

Susumu Yamazaki gets killed by Hijikata. Hence why I hate Hijikata, when it got to that episode I removed the disc from my PS4 and put Ouran Highschool Host Club on to the Halloween episode.

Yamazaki isn't killed by Hijikata directly, is he? I remember he dies on the boat (Yamazaki) during the trip to Edo. Admittedly I can't remember exactly right now how Hakuouki does it because I more recently saw the Shinsengumi drama, but I am pretty sure he takes an injury when in company with Hijikata. Possibly from the oni...in the drama it's from the enemy shishi so that would make sense. So it might be Hijikata's fault but not his doing? Am I remembering that right? I remember Hijikata and sort of Chizuru are responsible for Genzaburou dying too...

But he does die at the end of the first series, you're right. I had forgotten as I tend to associate the boat to Edo with season 2. Yamazaki is cool. He's a sad loss. But then season 2 begins and bam, everyone else dies, so yeah...

I like Hijikata but mainly because his voice artist is Miki Shinichirou which allows me to forgive him everything.

@Ponyfan - I agree. I like Marinette, she just needs a little more awareness sometimes xD And heck, even Chloe is not entirely unredeemable. I mean, she has a very messed up homelife.
I tend to like Adrien more than Marinette albeit it's complicated and I like that it is :) As you say, they are multidimensional. I also quite like Hawkmoth in a funny kind of way, because as the story goes on it becomes so much clearer how NOT simple his position is. I am currently of the opinion he isn't at all evil, which maybe makes what he does worse at times...what desperation can drive a man to do.

I am not going to say anything else though because I just remembered you've only seen the first half of season 2 ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:11:32 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
I’m waiting impaitently for more Ladybug and Cat Noir episodes to be added to Netflix. I think I have an idea what Hawkmoth’s wish might be and that he is unaware what the repercussions could be based on what Master Fu said in the episode with the intelligent robot that wanted to be a human.

I started watching the Friuts Basket anime also.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2018, 05:53:19 PM »
I'm waiting impatiently for the Fruits Basket remake that should actually follow the entire manga series.  Not sure if they'll just pick up where the last one left off or if they'll start completely from the beginning but I still want to see it either way.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2018, 12:27:02 AM »
I'm waiting impatiently for the Fruits Basket remake that should actually follow the entire manga series.  Not sure if they'll just pick up where the last one left off or if they'll start completely from the beginning but I still want to see it either way.

Me too!!!

I tried watching the anime years ago but couldn't quite get into it... plus the fact that it ends at an awkward place makes me reluctant to pick it up. I really need to give it another chance one of these days.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2018, 04:33:56 AM »
I love the Furuba anime but I agree they should have finished it. I feel like they can't do a continuation of the original because there's one big problem in the characterisation of the anime vs the manga that can't really be ironed out. So they'd have to begin from scratch.

I feel like there's such a huge aspect of the story omitted from the anime both for Kyou and Yuki that it gives the wrong impression :/ It would be nice to see a full anime covering the whole manga - but it's a pretty old manga and anime now in relative terms so I wonder if they'd even think about it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2018, 07:21:43 AM »
https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/11/20/fruits-basket-reboot-streaming-anime-funimation/

Looks like they started from scratch.  It's due out next year.  :)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2018, 07:38:51 AM »
I tried to watch Fruits baskets a while ago but never got into it.
If they were gonna reboot something, I wish it was OHSHC because the anime ending is not even close to the manga
or rurouni kenshin for the same reason.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:41:09 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2018, 08:07:08 AM »
https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/11/20/fruits-basket-reboot-streaming-anime-funimation/

Holy cats!! I shouldn't go on the Arena when I'm still half-tired, I totally misread your earlier post XP Silly me. I had no idea a reboot was actually planned!

Sorta sceptical about the note that it'll have a different art style... but hopefully it'll just hem closer to Takaya's current art style instead of being totally different? Otherwise this sounds very promising, I'm excited!

They'd pretty much have to restart it, I think. That certain plot twist the anime didn't use (not their fault, I think the anime ended before it was revealed?) would be really hard to write around without just completely changing the story.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2018, 08:18:30 AM »

Holy cats!! I shouldn't go on the Arena when I'm still half-tired, I totally misread your earlier post XP Silly me. I had no idea a reboot was actually planned!

Sorta sceptical about the note that it'll have a different art style... but hopefully it'll just hem closer to Takaya's current art style instead of being totally different? Otherwise this sounds very promising, I'm excited!

They'd pretty much have to restart it, I think. That certain plot twist the anime didn't use (not their fault, I think the anime ended before it was revealed?) would be really hard to write around without just completely changing the story.

Just hope they get suitable actors for the English dub.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal