collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203624 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »
I have been away for several days. I caught part of an episode of Miraculous  Ladybug and Cat Noir and it looked pretty interesting. I found out it’s on Netflix. I guress I’ll be watching that one now. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
I'm currently finishing Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and i'm wondering why i didn't watch it before, it's great.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2018, 02:17:39 AM »
I have been away for several days. I caught part of an episode of Miraculous  Ladybug and Cat Noir and it looked pretty interesting. I found out it’s on Netflix. I guress I’ll be watching that one now. :)

Ponyfan

Miraculous is very cute. Unfortunately the airing schedule of the current season has been a bit insane...
As current kids' shows go, it's kind of fun...

@Jorgito, I haven't watched that in ages, but I remember it being good as well. I was bullied by an online friend to watch it, and I don't regret that I did. I need to find time to rewatch it sometime...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »
Rewatching Dragon Ball Z The Cell Games Saga, and Goku's death still makes me  :cry:

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2018, 08:24:56 PM »
Rewatching Dragon Ball Z The Cell Games Saga, and Goku's death still makes me  :cry:

What gets me every single time is when the end credits first changes over to We Were Angels. OMG. For some reason that step of seeing/accepting that Gohan grew up makes me bawl like a baby lol

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2018, 08:30:12 PM »
I really liked that Children of the Whales show that is on Netflix.  It was very interesting.  Good worldbuilding.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2018, 09:02:15 PM »
Apparently there is another Dragonball movie coming.... this one focuses on Brolly....  I'm like, what, there's still super saiyans left to kick each other around?  How many times are you gonna power up before you implode the universe?  Give us more Piccolo!!!! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
Apparently there is another Dragonball movie coming.... this one focuses on Brolly....  I'm like, what, there's still super saiyans left to kick each other around?  How many times are you gonna power up before you implode the universe?  Give us more Piccolo!!!! 

Sigh.

I really dislike DB. It always seems to be everywhere. I remember DBZ was on when I was younger, at the same time as Tenchi Muyou, and I had to sit through the end of DBZ before Tenchi came on. I never have understood why it's popular. I guess it's one of those mysteries of the world...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2018, 01:41:11 AM »
For this season on Crunchyroll, I have been watching:

Cells at work - Humanized versions of body cells. Its different.
How to summon a demon Lord - guy surrounded by scantly clad, girls with huge boobs usually isn't my thing but the story has kept me entertained. A shut in wakes up as his character in a role play video game world.
Phantom of the twilight - Two girls from japan or maybe China? arrive in London for college. The one girl ends up learning about her great grandmothers spirit hunting past.
Bed and Breakfast for spirits - second season

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2018, 01:44:24 AM »
For this season on Crunchyroll, I have been watching:

Cells at work - Humanized versions of body cells. Its different.
How to summon a demon Lord - guy surrounded by scantly clad, girls with huge boobs usually isn't my thing but the story has kept me entertained. A shut in wakes up as his character in a role play video game world.
Phantom of the twilight - Two girls from japan or maybe China? arrive in London for college. The one girl ends up learning about her great grandmothers spirit hunting past.
Bed and Breakfast for spirits - second season

I am actually going to check some of those out, as they sound hilarious.

I did watch "The Devil is a Part-Timer" which was very quirky and nuts. But I think in a good way.
I've been watching Assassination Classroom for the first time recently after seeing a lot of stuff with it on at the Japanese festival and getting curious. The warped logic is actually brilliant so I am quite enjoying it right now :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2018, 02:46:23 AM »

I am *always* on board for more Piccolo! But I'm admittedly obsessed with him (to the point that my household celebrates his birthday and my husband refers to him as my boyfriend... :/ :D ) It would be interesting to check out what's actually canon for other characters away from the Saiyans--I personally wonder about 17 and 18s' human pasts more often than I probably should and it's a little surprising to me that Super and what's coming after it is following the path it is, considering the way DBZ ended with Toriyama's alleged frustration at the same general plot loop, just with different bad guys, but the franchise will always hold a very special place in my heart that I'll never be able to walk away from :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2018, 11:20:10 AM »

I did watch "The Devil is a Part-Timer" which was very quirky and nuts. But I think in a good way.

OMG that show is hysterical!!!! 

IMHO DBZ is popular because for the longest time, that was what was dubbed on American TV for the average male viewer.  It was broadcast in the evenings on Cartoon Network during AdultSwim,  so it was not marketed as "kids' cartoons".  Pokemon was for kids, Sailormoon was for girls, the other stuff had too much Japanese culture...
Consider it "cartoon football".  That's basically what the demographic enjoying it ALSO watched...
Conversely the original Dragonball was broadcast at 5am... so kids were not up and watching it until they really loved it.  I really loved the first show, when Goku grew up, it got kind of boring to me. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:25:49 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2018, 03:18:08 PM »

OMG that show is hysterical!!!! 

IMHO DBZ is popular because for the longest time, that was what was dubbed on American TV for the average male viewer.  It was broadcast in the evenings on Cartoon Network during AdultSwim,  so it was not marketed as "kids' cartoons".  Pokemon was for kids, Sailormoon was for girls, the other stuff had too much Japanese culture...
Consider it "cartoon football".  That's basically what the demographic enjoying it ALSO watched...
Conversely the original Dragonball was broadcast at 5am... so kids were not up and watching it until they really loved it.  I really loved the first show, when Goku grew up, it got kind of boring to me.

DBZ was first on Toonami at a after school time slot before the adult swim slot... Girls got SM, Boys got DBZ.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »
In the UK Toonami had DBZ, Tenchi and Gundam Wing if I remember right. I loved Tenchi despite the dub and obvious cuts but hated DBZ and couldn't get into Gundam. I never saw Sailor Moon in English so I dunno what channel or wherr it aired here. Never knew it was meant to be Toonami.

For me DBZ had no plot. It was just a series of increasingly unrealistic battles while people stood around describing the fights. I never saw any other DB though. That put me off.

I need an actual plot...godmodding fights aren't my thing really...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2018, 10:07:29 PM »
oooooh Toonami, that's right!  I vaguely remember that!  I totally did not like Gundam so I wasn't paying attention...

DBZ has plot in the manga.  Unfortunately in episode format, this meant SO.MANY.FILLER episodes because I think the manga was still ongoing at that time?  Common problem in anime...
The Bad Trader List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal