collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202534 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
I finished My Neighbor Totoro and Whisper of the Heart. I enjoyed all 3 Studio Ghibli movies that I've seen so far.  :) 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2017, 07:36:59 PM »
I had co working interduce me "Yawn of the Dawn"
I wait next manga to release...
How is Ouran Manga? I not yet read that manga series...
Have you read "the Ancient Magus Bride"? I came across sample and hooked! I saw YouTube work stories into anime which I dying to see!
The Ouran manga is hilarious :) I was in the doctor's office today reading it and giggling to myself like a crazy person. I haven't read The Ancient Magus Bride; I'll have to look that up; I haven't heard of it!

I finished My Neighbor Totoro and Whisper of the Heart. I enjoyed all 3 Studio Ghibli movies that I've seen so far.  :) 

Ponyfan
Studio Ghibli is awesome! I think the only bad Studio Ghibli movie I've ever seen is Tales of Earthsea, and even that has its moments of beauty. Recently I learned that Studio Ghibli paired up with a Danish (?) director to make The Red Turtle, a film about a shipwrecked man. I want to see that eventually. It looks beautiful but possibly too artsy!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:41:55 PM by Haruna »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2017, 05:39:15 PM »
I've been itching to get into Black Lagoon once I finish up Brave Police. Can anyone tell me if it's good?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:46 PM »
Has anyone mentioned Unico and the Island of Magic?

Ponyfan

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2017, 07:38:39 PM »
I've been itching to get into Black Lagoon once I finish up Brave Police. Can anyone tell me if it's good?

Black Lagoon is a personal favourite. The voice work, music, and animation are all top notch. There's also a lot of social commentary relevant to the era (mostly pertaining to Japanese work culture, but there are some more international messages as well). I will say this, however: it is quite violent, and there's a really disturbing arc surrounding two kids that use the code names Hansel and Gretel. If you're sensitive to that kind of thing, I would avoid that arc when it comes up, because it's pretty disturbing.

I haven't yet seen the mini-series based around Roberta (a secondary character they encounter in the series), but it's on my shelf to be watched.

They also announced a new manga is coming out and started being released in May. Simultaneously, the anime is being re-broadcast as a tie-in, so it's possible that another season is due somewhere down the line (several years from now, anyway).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »

Black Lagoon is a personal favourite. The voice work, music, and animation are all top notch. There's also a lot of social commentary relevant to the era (mostly pertaining to Japanese work culture, but there are some more international messages as well). I will say this, however: it is quite violent, and there's a really disturbing arc surrounding two kids that use the code names Hansel and Gretel. If you're sensitive to that kind of thing, I would avoid that arc when it comes up, because it's pretty disturbing.

I haven't yet seen the mini-series based around Roberta (a secondary character they encounter in the series), but it's on my shelf to be watched.

They also announced a new manga is coming out and started being released in May. Simultaneously, the anime is being re-broadcast as a tie-in, so it's possible that another season is due somewhere down the line (several years from now, anyway).

Thanks Lianeth, I'll definitely hafta check it out. :)

Post Merge: June 09, 2017, 08:54:09 PM

Ponyfan

Unico is one of the trippiest animes I've ever seen.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2017, 07:15:45 PM »
Unico and the Island of Magic and Hana no Ko Lunlun (or Angel as I knew it at the time) were my first animes.

Ponyfan

Offline AnWren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ren - 18 - he/him - I collect G3's (not a brony)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »
Yuri!!! On Ice is by far my favourite anime <333 and unlike a lot of sports anime, it actually stays fairly realistic and accurate. Tokyo ghoul is my next favourite, and now that I've watched it all I'm just trying to catch up with the manga.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2017, 10:17:19 PM »

Ponyfan

I love The Fantastic Adventures of Unico and Unico in the Island of Magic.  Those two and "Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp" (which came out sometime in the early 80s and I have yet to find it on DVD--boo!) were the first anime I can remember seeing as a child.  I didn't know they were anime until I was older.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2017, 12:50:44 PM »

Ponyfan

I love The Fantastic Adventures of Unico and Unico in the Island of Magic.  Those two and "Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp" (which came out sometime in the early 80s and I have yet to find it on DVD--boo!) were the first anime I can remember seeing as a child.  I didn't know they were anime until I was older.

I didn't know Unico was considered anime for a long time either. I just knew it was a unique movie that my grandparents had. Do you know if there is anime of Ali Baba? My grandmother loved cartoons with characters that were drawn with eyes and I have a vague memory of watching a cartoon about Ali Baba and his wife but they looked like children instead of adults. I think there was also a Cinderella one as well.

I watched Ponyo again and noticed a few things I missed the first time I saw it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:57:31 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

Ponyfan

I didn't know Unico was considered anime for a long time either. I just knew it was a unique movie that my grandparents had. Do you know if there is anime of Ali Baba? My grandmother loved cartoons with characters that were drawn with eyes and I have a vague memory of watching a cartoon about Ali Baba and his wife but they looked like children instead of adults. I think there was also a Cinderella one as well.

I watched Ponyo again and noticed a few things I missed the first time I saw it.

Ponyfan

I don't know about an Ali Baba one but the Aladdin movie I used to watch looked like this:

I would LOVE to have it on DVD but I can't even find it on VHS anywhere.  It's been a while since I looked, though, so maybe I ought to try again.  We taped it off of TV and I'm not sure where our tape ended up (or even if it's good enough quality to make a bootleg DVD from if I do find it).

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2017, 02:45:01 PM »
I found the Ali Baba and Cinderella one I remembered but now I'm not sure  if they're animie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzwg1GQlLsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0B7Cr5GlS4

I hope you find the Aladdin one you're looking for. Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5LGbzl6jo

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:47:05 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »
Yup, that's the Aladdin I was thinking of.  We didn't record the opening song on our VHS--probably because we were trying to find a blank tape to tape it on!  Oh, 80s kids problems!  :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
I found a copy of the Cinderella ?Ali Baba one on Ebay but got outbid at the last minute. Maybe I'll find another copy one day. 

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2017, 12:32:57 PM »
Inko Colors. It seems to be an anime about Parakeets.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal