collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202476 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 07:43:25 PM »
Haruna - I read High School Debut a long time ago and really liked it. :)  I knew both stories were by the same person so I had a feeling I'd like My Love Story. It also had a good dub on the English release. My mom watched it with me and she cannot watch subtitles because they go too fast for her, so we watched it dubbed. It was very well done. I actually wish more anime was dubbed these days and it's not. There is a huge world of anime out there my mom would really enjoy as long as it was in English. I'd really like for her to watch Victorian Romance Emma but no dub sadly. :(
High School Debut is so awesome, isn't it! :biggrin: I haven't listened to the English dub of My Love Story, but I should try it. We haven't finished it yet and I'm curious how it will end . . .

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 09:16:00 PM »
Because I adored Love Stage so much, I ordered the manga. I cannot wait until it arrives!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 12:38:02 AM »
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

You're welcome in advance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 07:11:40 PM »
I love Yuri on Ice!! :lovey: It's such a good series, and I'm hoping for a season 2......... :lookround:

At the moment I've been re-watching one of my old favorites: Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok. :P I've forgotten a lot of things so I thought I would watch it again.

My favorite from last year though was Bungou Stray Dogs. :lovey: I've read most of the manga to that one, as well! But I'm falling behind....... :sad:

My MLP Tumblr

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 09:57:05 PM »
My favorite from last year though was Bungou Stray Dogs.
Agreed. I hope they make a season 3.

Because I adored Love Stage so much, I ordered the manga. I cannot wait until it arrives!

Is love stage the one where the younger son from a talented family wants to be a manga artist but his art sucks. He was in a commercial as a kid but was dressed as a girl back then. They are redoing the commercial and the boy that was in it, thinks he is a girl a falls in love with him?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:03:01 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 05:29:47 PM »
Anyone ever seen Yona of the Dawn? My mom and I are currently watching that one.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 07:52:58 PM »
Anyone ever seen Yona of the Dawn? My mom and I are currently watching that one.
Yes! My sister loves it. I'll admit that when I first saw it I was just so-so with it, but on a second watching (thanks to my obsessed sister) I've grown to really like it despite some of its flaws. I've realized it's a good story with very likeable characters and a complex villain, which you don't always get these days. It's also really funny; I especially love some of the cute scenes with Shin-Ah, the way Haku teases Kija, Jae-Ha and Hak's interactions (have you gotten to Jae-Ha yet?), and almost every line of Yoon's, the genius bishounen. XD

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »
Can I just say that I *love* how there was an entire conversation had via spoilers? LOL!

I'm an old school DBZ girl, and I will always go back to it, but lately I've been binge watching (pretty much every other month... it's a cruel obsession lol) Log Horizon <3 When my Log Horizon kick filters out, I suspect I'll drift back to Fullmetal Panic. I love me some epic series, but those short ones are really good for binge watching, you know? I also started working my way through One Piece a couple months ago.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
When my Log Horizon kick filters out, I suspect I'll drift back to Fullmetal Panic.
Fullmetal Panic! I love that show :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
When my Log Horizon kick filters out, I suspect I'll drift back to Fullmetal Panic.

Fumoffu. Fumoffu O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 12:46:58 PM »
My fav for now is Sword Art Online, I'm going to start rewatching it this week, so I'm all ready for the movie next month!!! Haha. I am making a special trip to San Francisco just to see it (well, I also plan to finally get some decent water Pokémon, haha, too!)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »
Fumoffu. Fumoffu O.o.
Fumoffu was a bit strange, I'll admit ^^; Sousuke running around in a Bonta-kun was hilarious, but I did miss having an actual plot, heh, and the tonal shift from the first series was off-putting. So anyone considering watching FMP should know that going in . . .

My fav for now is Sword Art Online, I'm going to start rewatching it this week, so I'm all ready for the movie next month!!! Haha. I am making a special trip to San Francisco just to see it (well, I also plan to finally get some decent water Pokémon, haha, too!)
There's a movie?!? I did not know this! That's so exciting! And San Francisco for Pokemon -- can't beat that! I love Sword Art Online, especially the first season and then the arc with Sinon (I'm forgetting if that's the third season or not).

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »

Fumoffu. Fumoffu O.o.

Fumoffu is actually what got me hooked on FMP lol. I'm very, *very* particular about what anime works for me and which don't (and I haven't figured out what it is that gets me hooked) and I tend to lean away from mechs. I was actually working on customizing some ponies and was strapped to my desk because of it when my husband started playing it. About three episodes in, I couldn't help myself and had to ask him what the *heck* was going on because (especially) when paying half attention, it seemed like the most absurd thing I'd ever sat in on. Paid attention to a couple episodes, thought it was delightfully hilarious, then got into the full series <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »
anyone know anything about Blood Lad? I'm debating whether to watch it or not.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 08:51:31 AM »
My husband and I are currently watching season 1 of Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix, since season 2 is due out next Friday. We're almost done and I love it so much! Aside from that, we're keeping up with One Piece subs weekly, the dubbed version of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure on Toonami, and sometimes Dragonball Super, but that's been very hit or miss.

I watched Yuri on Ice recently and LOVED it. I'm almost mad at myself for how much I love that show.

I'm also watching Love Live Sunshine since I somehow didn't watch it before. I loved Love Live, so I'm not sure how Sunshine slipped under my radar.

And the third anime I'm currently watching is KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World. It's nothing special, but it's a fun watch and good for a few laughs. It's about a boy who dies (literally within the first few minutes of episode one) and he's given a choice to go to Heaven or be transported to a world that's based off of an RPG. He chooses the latter and brings a goddess -who doesn't want to go- with him.

I just ordered the Blu-ray for Nichijou: My Ordinary Life and if you haven't watched that, then you're missing out. It's HILARIOUS! One of the best slice of life anime out there. I've watched it about a million times and I suspect I'll be watching it a bunch more once I own a copy.

I'm watching one called My Love Story. I'm four episodes in and it's quite funny.

YES! One of my favorites. It made me cry, laugh, and feel so many feels.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal