collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202481 times)

Keemax

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anime?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 04:21:23 PM »
Came in here just to say:

Ouran Highschool Host Club. 

I cannot find the words to adequately express how much you need to watch it if you haven't already.

Other than that, I'd recommend Shiki, but I'm not sure it's really your style :huh:
It's sort of a horror/supernatural/sci fi story set in a small town where people start dying from what is first thought to be some sort of epidemic. It's a little gory later on, but it's not too bad. The plot is pretty interesting in my opinion.

Beyond the Boundary is technically a magical girl anime. I think. But it's a little darker than what you'd normally get for the genre. It's set in a world where some people can hunt monsters that come from dreams (called Yomu. I think that's how it's spelled). These people typically live in clans and each clan has some sort if special attack or ability. The story focuses on a girl, who is the last member of a powerful clan, and a boy who is half human and half Yomu. And yes, there is a romantic element to it  ^.^

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 08:25:43 AM »
I just got on here to say: Curse you RightStuf!  They have SO many animes on sale that I want to buy.  I may have to order Barakamon and Tonari No Seki-kun. 

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 10:54:07 PM »

Spoiler
Omg they got engaged!!! And like that plot twist about what happened at last year's Grand Prix was totally unexpected and puts everything that's happened since in a whole new light! I swear this show pretty much saved an otherwise crappy year.

Spoiler
I was so not expecting all this! This show is amazing. I'm def gonna have to rewatch the earlier eps to see what all hints I coulda caught after that was dropped on us, as if the rings weren't enough!  Many of the other characters actions toward Yuuri make a lot more sense now.

Spoiler
I'm so nervous about today's episode. I really want Yuuri to do well considering Victor's promise.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 09:37:42 AM »

Spoiler
Omg they got engaged!!! And like that plot twist about what happened at last year's Grand Prix was totally unexpected and puts everything that's happened since in a whole new light! I swear this show pretty much saved an otherwise crappy year.

Spoiler
I was so not expecting all this! This show is amazing. I'm def gonna have to rewatch the earlier eps to see what all hints I coulda caught after that was dropped on us, as if the rings weren't enough!  Many of the other characters actions toward Yuuri make a lot more sense now.

Spoiler
I'm so nervous about today's episode. I really want Yuuri to do well considering Victor's promise.
Spoiler
I'm a little conflicted on who I want to win. Part of me is curious to see what happens if Yuuri doesn't get gold but part of me thinks he really needs it more than anyone else. All the skaters are talented and deserving in their own ways. Yurio has worked hard and really wants to prove himself. Phichit is such a great person and it would mean so much for his country if he won. Chris was so close last year and is probably reaching the end of his career soon too. Otabek has a lot of drive and is just beginning to show that he's not as stoic as everyone thinks. Even JJ is just a really talented skater. It's going to be an exciting last 2 episodes.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 10:05:55 PM »

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm a little conflicted on who I want to win. Part of me is curious to see what happens if Yuuri doesn't get gold but part of me thinks he really needs it more than anyone else. All the skaters are talented and deserving in their own ways. Yurio has worked hard and really wants to prove himself. Phichit is such a great person and it would mean so much for his country if he won. Chris was so close last year and is probably reaching the end of his career soon too. Otabek has a lot of drive and is just beginning to show that he's not as stoic as everyone thinks. Even JJ is just a really talented skater. It's going to be an exciting last 2 episodes.

YoI Episode 11 Spoilers
Spoiler
This week's episode was particularly heart wrenching. I can't believe JJ choked so hard that he got last place. Also 4th place isn't too bad but I really hoped he would do better than that. At least it's only like a 20 point difference that he can hopefully make up in the next episode. But what Yuri said to Victor at the end of the episode has me all kinds of worried.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 10:12:22 AM »

YoI Episode 11 Spoilers
Spoiler
This week's episode was particularly heart wrenching. I can't believe JJ choked so hard that he got last place. Also 4th place isn't too bad but I really hoped he would do better than that. At least it's only like a 20 point difference that he can hopefully make up in the next episode. But what Yuri said to Victor at the end of the episode has me all kinds of worried.

Spoiler
Seriously. As emotional as this whole series has been, this episode was actually the first time I cried real tears, over JJ of all characters. :wacko: I don't even. I'm trusting Kubo and the rest of the show staff to not rip us fans hearts out in the end but omg the wait until next weds it going to be suspenseful. With Yuuris point score in the short program I wonder if it's even possible for him to win gold now.  :unsure: I'm so proud of Yurio though. He's worked so hard and grown so much.

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 07:14:32 PM »
YOI
Spoiler
"See You NEXT LEVEL" !!!!!!
Oh my we are so getting another season.
The ending was so beautiful! Some expected things and some unexpected. What will I do with my wednesdays now! Haha!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »
YOI
Spoiler
"See You NEXT LEVEL" !!!!!!
Oh my we are so getting another season.
The ending was so beautiful! Some expected things and some unexpected. What will I do with my wednesdays now! Haha!

Ikr!

Av by Moonflower.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »
I'm watching one called My Love Story. I'm four episodes in and it's quite funny.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 11:04:20 AM »
Well this season I'm watching Little Witch Academia the Series and I'm loving it. I'm also watching Interviews with Monster Girls and it's pretty adorable.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 11:56:47 AM »
Where has this thread been all my life?!
I have watched yuri on ice, black butler, soul eater, and the one I have watched ( now reading the manga) school-live! It's about this private school girl. Everything is fine. Except the whole zombie apocalypse going on outside the school...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 01:21:32 PM »
Recently finished watching Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (both seasons) and La Corda D'Oro (both seasons).  I recommend both!.  Season 2 of Free! has a "Marathon View" mode where it cuts out the opening and closing sequences between the episodes so it's just one big long episode with no interruptions.  It's kind of fabulous and I wish they would do that with some other shows. 

Currently watching Moribito.  So far it's better than I expected it would be. 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 01:54:13 PM »
My and my mom finished My Love Story (Ore Monogatari!! is the Japanese title) and we LOVED it. It's hilarious, cute, and serious at the same time. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes romantic comedies. It's very unique.
My Wishlist

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 06:56:49 PM »
Recently finished watching Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (both seasons) and La Corda D'Oro (both seasons).  I recommend both!.  Season 2 of Free! has a "Marathon View" mode where it cuts out the opening and closing sequences between the episodes so it's just one big long episode with no interruptions.  It's kind of fabulous and I wish they would do that with some other shows. 

Currently watching Moribito.  So far it's better than I expected it would be.

I read La Corda D'Oro and liked it quite a bit! And Moribito is unexpectedly good. I definitely recommend it, though some of the characters could have been developed more in the end (you'll probably know which one I mean when you finish).

My and my mom finished My Love Story (Ore Monogatari!! is the Japanese title) and we LOVED it. It's hilarious, cute, and serious at the same time. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes romantic comedies. It's very unique.
It really is unique! :lol: I'm curious about the live action version, too. The author of the original manga wrote one of my favorite series ever, High School Debut. I wish there was an anime version of it so more people knew about it! It's also a romantic comedy and very funny. I wish some of her other works were translated into English, too. (Aozora Yell is one, I think)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 09:57:56 AM »
Haruna - I read High School Debut a long time ago and really liked it. :)  I knew both stories were by the same person so I had a feeling I'd like My Love Story. It also had a good dub on the English release. My mom watched it with me and she cannot watch subtitles because they go too fast for her, so we watched it dubbed. It was very well done. I actually wish more anime was dubbed these days and it's not. There is a huge world of anime out there my mom would really enjoy as long as it was in English. I'd really like for her to watch Victorian Romance Emma but no dub sadly. :(

I started watching Love Stage last night. OMG. It's the first longer boys love I have seen in years and it's MUCH MUCH better than I thought it would be. The main character, Izumi, sort of reminds me of myself. He's cute and Ryoma is very good looking. I watched seven episodes consecutively and I usually don't watch that much in a row unless an anime is REALLY good. Planning on finishing it up today. I can't wait. Why am I here? I should be watching it!
My Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal