collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205013 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #765 on: January 27, 2020, 10:59:44 AM »
I was watching Lu Over the Wall tonight and decided to Google something about it. I found a rumor that Mitsuha and Taki from Your Name will have a cameo in Weathering With You. Does anyone know if that's true? I know Makoto Shinkai sometimes puts characters from past films in his newer ones.

Ponyfan

I actually went to see that film on the same day you posted that question but I didn't spot them. However I have heard this too. I guess they're in the background and it's so long since I saw Kimi no Na Wa I didn't recognise them. I've heard that it was confirmed they were in it but not together - but yeah, I didn't dig into it too much.

I didn't know I was going to see it until I randomly found out the London cinema near where I was staying last week was airing it in Japanese and not just in dub, at which point I figured I might as well, so I wasn't really looking out for them :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 27, 2020, 12:27:41 PM »
I was watching Lu Over the Wall tonight and decided to Google something about it. I found a rumor that Mitsuha and Taki from Your Name will have a cameo in Weathering With You. Does anyone know if that's true? I know Makoto Shinkai sometimes puts characters from past films in his newer ones.

Ponyfan

I actually went to see that film on the same day you posted that question but I didn't spot them. However I have heard this too. I guess they're in the background and it's so long since I saw Kimi no Na Wa I didn't recognise them. I've heard that it was confirmed they were in it but not together - but yeah, I didn't dig into it too much.

I didn't know I was going to see it until I randomly found out the London cinema near where I was staying last week was airing it in Japanese and not just in dub, at which point I figured I might as well, so I wasn't really looking out for them :/

Did you enjoy Weathering with You? I want to see it but will have to wait for the Blu Ray/DVD release since it's in on a limited run where I live. I watched The Garden of Words recently and didn't enjoy it.

I found the Taki and Mitsuha clip on YouTube.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 12:53:47 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 27, 2020, 01:29:02 PM »
Ah yeah, I remember those scenes but it has been so long since I last watched Kimi no Na Wa that I didn't make the connections.

Erm, yeah, I did enjoy it. I like Kimi no Na Wa better, and frankly I'm not sure how this world interconnects with theirs because of how Tenki no Ko/Weathering with you ends, but I did like it. And I did feel like I recognised Tokyo in the detail, the art as ever is very pretty.

I do feel like there's a couple of big questions unanswered. For example...
Spoiler
I don't really know why Hodaka leaves his family, because it's not explained, and he's determined not to go back so it implies something bad happened, and yet at the end he is back there and so it seems a little more like he just ran away for more superficial reasons.

But it is cute. And the whole of watching it Suga's voice was bothering me like, "I know that voice, dammit"...and the credits rolled and it was Oguri Shun (who I've seen in a whole bunch of Japanese dramas).

I didn't expect to see it, it isn't airing at all I don't think round where I am currently living but it was just that I was there in London and by coincidence found it was airing and in Japanese that I thought I should go see it while I had the chance. The artwork works well on the big screen.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 28, 2020, 09:21:08 AM »
I need some recommendations. Something that has action or supernatural elements.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 28, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »
I need some recommendations. Something that has action or supernatural elements.

I always liked Gundam Wing.  Unlike some of the other Gundam series, the OVA is not a rehash of the series, it's its own story line.

You could always watch Assassination Classroom.  Funny, sweet and macabre at the same time.  Kids are recruited to kill their teacher, who is an alien planning to blow up the Earth in a year.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 28, 2020, 11:21:24 PM »
You could always watch Assassination Classroom.

I will give this one a try.

Any other suggestions? I got A LOT of free time on my hands since my city is under a quarantine. They don't really want anybody to go outside and I think roads out of the city are closed.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 29, 2020, 06:42:49 AM »
Ah yeah, I remember those scenes but it has been so long since I last watched Kimi no Na Wa that I didn't make the connections.

Erm, yeah, I did enjoy it. I like Kimi no Na Wa better, and frankly I'm not sure how this world interconnects with theirs because of how Tenki no Ko/Weathering with you ends, but I did like it. And I did feel like I recognised Tokyo in the detail, the art as ever is very pretty.

Spoiler
I don't really know why Hodaka leaves his family, because it's not explained, and he's determined not to go back so it implies something bad happened, and yet at the end he is back there and so it seems a little more like he just ran away for more superficial reasons.

But it is cute. And the whole of watching it Suga's voice was bothering me like, "I know that voice, dammit"...and the credits rolled and it was Oguri Shun (who I've seen in a whole bunch of Japanese dramas).

I didn't expect to see it, it isn't airing at all I don't think round where I am currently living but it was just that I was there in London and by coincidence found it was airing and in Japanese that I thought I should go see it while I had the chance. The artwork works well on the big screen.

I had to watch the clip twice to see Taki. It wasn't until I saw a comment on Youtube that I recognized him.

I'm not sure if it fits with the ending of Weathering with You but

Spoiler
The Mitsuha and Taki we see in Weathering With You haven't met each other again yet.

You could always watch Assassination Classroom.

I will give this one a try.

Any other suggestions? I got A LOT of free time on my hands since my city is under a quarantine. They don't really want anybody to go outside and I think roads out of the city are closed.

I love Yona of the Dawn. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 29, 2020, 06:45:44 AM »

Spoiler

I had to watch the clip twice to see Taki. It wasn't until I saw a comment on Youtube that I recognized him.

I'm not sure if it fits with the ending of Weathering with You but

Spoiler
The Mitsuha and Taki we see in Weathering With You haven't met each other again yet.

Yes...that's why I feel it doesn't match up, that exact reason. But without majorly spoilering I can't really enlarge on that idea...xD

I need to rewatch Kimi no Na Wa now. xD

@Tikibirds, I also rate Assassination Classroom, it's so peculiar in its appeal because the concept is ridiculous and yet really well written IMO.

And Yona of course <3 although I am so manga behind *sob*

I'm really bad at recommending for other people's tastes though...

Also, stay safe :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »
I’m thinking about starting Assassination Classroom too.

Ponyfan

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 29, 2020, 10:53:02 PM »
Also, stay safe

It's not like how the media is portraying it to be. Supermarkets are stocked, people aren't dropping dead in the streets.
It's just super quiet as everybody is staying home, unless they have to go out. It might be different IN wuhan itself but I have seen some videos of foreigners who are stuck there and it seems to be about the same as here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luztqxUBvZo

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 15, 2020, 07:18:28 PM »
I checked 3 stores today for Fruits Basket Season 1 part 2 but I couldn't find it. :sad:

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 18, 2020, 07:19:01 AM »
I checked 3 stores today for Fruits Basket Season 1 part 2 but I couldn't find it. :sad:

Ponyfan

I didn't realize it was out already! I'll have to check my local stores and see if they have it.  They had the first part but they never did get Sailor Stars part 2 despite carrying every other Sailor Moon release so I hope they don't drop this one, too. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 18, 2020, 10:46:44 AM »

Ponyfan

I didn't realize it was out already! I'll have to check my local stores and see if they have it.  They had the first part but they never did get Sailor Stars part 2 despite carrying every other Sailor Moon release so I hope they don't drop this one, too. 

I'm also hoping that Walmart doesn't drop the 2nd part of Fruits Basket. My stores have all reduced their DVD/Blu Ray section to a very tiny section.  I checked for a shelf tag for part 2 of Fruits Basket and couldn't find one.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 20, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
I checked another Walmart store today for Fruits Basket part 2 and didn't see it. I found a couple at Barnes and Noble today but they're more expensive than Amazon. It looks like I'll be ordering from Amazon.

Ponyfan

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 26, 2020, 11:01:27 PM »
Kimetsu no yaiba is fairly recent show thats really interesting so far. It's ridiculously popular here. It gets gory in places, but the art is pretty unique.
It's loosely based on Japanese folklore, and tbe setting is historical. Japan around the early industrial revolution sort of feel.. I haven't seen it all yet, but what I have seen is very good, even though it's a bit too bloody for me. I have to take breaks, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal