collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202526 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #690 on: October 12, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »
I'm not sure if it was mentioned before but the release date for Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 2 has been announced. It will be released on November 12th.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 20, 2019, 06:11:44 AM »
I've started rewatching Yona of the Dawn.  I'm finding little nuances that I missed the first time I watched the episodes.

I'm still watching the new Fruits Basket. Every time I think that the next episode can't top the previous one, I've been proven wrong so far. 

Spoiler
The one where Haru and Momiji join Kyo, Yuki, and Torhu's school was another great episode. Yuki's reaction when he sees Akito with Torhu and the fear in Yuki's eyes when Akito touches him. Also the flashback to Yuki's trauma and Kyo's true form flashing in his eyes when Akito looks up at him.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #692 on: October 20, 2019, 06:14:34 AM »
I've started rewatching Yona of the Dawn.  I'm finding little nuances that I missed the first time I watched the episodes.

I'm still watching the new Fruits Basket. Every time I think that the next episode can't top the previous one, I've been proven wrong so far. 

Spoiler
The one where Haru and Momiji join Kyo, Yuki, and Torhu's school was another great episode. Yuki's reaction when he sees Akito with Torhu and the fear in Yuki's eyes when Akito touches him. Also the flashback to Yuki's trauma and Kyo's true form flashing in his eyes when Akito looks up at him.

Ponyfan

Ah yes, those eyes O.o.

I will reply to your PM sometime soon, I have had a few RL things to get sorted :)

I bet you see Taejun completely differently now, too??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 20, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

Ah yes, those eyes O.o.

I will reply to your PM sometime soon, I have had a few RL things to get sorted :)

I bet you see Taejun completely differently now, too??

No worries Taffeta. I understand real life has to come first. :)

About  Taejun
Spoiler
I see him completely differently now. The first time I watched the anime I thought he was a jerk. Now I see him as truly having feelings for Yona but having trouble expressing them in the right way.

When he says "If Hak hadn't gotten in my way, I'd be the king right now" after the death of Il I actually felt sorry for him knowing how much he cares about Yona and wants to protect her from harm. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 12:11:40 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 21, 2019, 01:38:38 AM »
I havent really wanted anything lately  :cry:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 25, 2019, 03:34:46 PM »
What has everyone been watching lately?

Ponyfan

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #696 on: October 25, 2019, 05:48:44 PM »
I got another package of Koge-Donbo* stuff a few days ago! Gonna share them here now!

Spoiler

First is Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat on DVD. Volumes 1 and 4 came with the deluxe boxes. Though most of these deluxe box bonus items are missing with the exception of the two books 4 came with.

Spoiler

Princess Concerto, a PC RPG game that Koge-Donbo* did the character design and artwork for. This is the limited version of it, which came with bonus items like a manga, written/drawn by Akari Kita, stickers, postcards, and Aquarian Age cards. I have and Imgur album that shows more images of the bonus items here, like the individual stickers/post cards and which trading cards I got.

Spoiler

All three volumes of Yomesan wa Moe Mangaka, a sort of autobiographical manga series by her about the relationship between herself and her husband. Seems to be a comedy from what it looks like flipping through, but I can't read it. But given all the funny facial expressions and the art style, it's definitely a comedy. :P The series is all in color too, which was a pleasant surprise!

Spoiler

Koihime Soshi, a one-shot manga of hers. This one was never translated to my knowledge, so I have means of reading it to learn about its characters but the main girl's design is really cute.

Spoiler

An illustration card. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the text is implying it's something you got if you bought Yomesan volume 3 at the store Animate?

Spoiler

A fan with artwork by her on it. I don't know how this was sold but the art is dated June of 1997 so that's probably when this was released.

Spoiler

A mini-drama CD for Di Gi Charat. It was originally an exclusive with a box of trading cards but I found someone selling it on Surugaya by iself.

Spoiler

A cd-rom released under her doujinshi circle that seems to have illustrations of hers in various resolutions on it, released in 2006. I haven't tried running it on my laptop yet but since it's only 13 years old it would probably work with Windows 10?

Spoiler

A small chibi figure of Misha from Pita-Ten. She originally came in a large set of various other characters and I'm not familiar with anyone else in the set, so Misha was the only one I wanted. Thankfully someone listed her on her one over on Yahoo Auctions so I bought her.

Spoiler

2011 Tohoku Earthquake Charity Dojinshi - Pray for Japan, a collaborative charity book, she did the front cover for the illustrations half.

Now we're getting to doujinshi she put out, which is most of what this package consisted of. Most of them were bought from Surugaya but one was from Yahoo Auctions. I will be putting these all in a spoiler together along with my writing about them just because there's so many and this post doesn't need to be that long with the spoilers unopened.

Spoiler

First up is Kage 2, an original doujinshi of hers.

Then we have Yubiwa Monogatari, another original. This one is entirely for her Lovin You series (which was an ongoing series of hers in her early original doujinshi, spanning multiple book releases, I think it's a romance given the title). I like the cover art for this one a lot, very nice colors. :)

For Season, another original!

CLASSMATE', a doujinshi she put out for the dating sim game, Doukyuusei 2. She put out a lot of doujinshi for this game (specifically the second one), so she must have been quite the fan of it at the time of releasing these. I've never played it, nor does it sound like something I'd be into but I'll try to buy all her doujinshi of it regardless. :P

ONLY YOU, another Doukyuusei 2 one.

Teikoku Hage Kidan, a doujinshi for Sakura Taisen.

CLASSMATE 7, more Doukyuusei 2.

Yuukyuu Gensoukyoku, based on the game of the same name.

kese ran pase ran, Cardcaptor Sakura (finally something I'm familiar with, even though I haven't finished it yet).

Kage 3, partially original, partially derivative. Original in some random sketches and some Di Gi Charat, but also there's some Cardcaptor Sakura and Guardian Heroes (some sort of video game I don't know) stuff.

Kage 5, mostly original (Di Gi Charat, Pita-Ten), but also has fanart for Dragon Quest II.

Kage 7/Shadow Seventh, all original (Di Gi Charat, Pita-Ten).

Hyakuman Doru Connection, original (Di Gi Charat).

Colored Pencil, original (Di Gi Charat, Pita-Ten, A Little Snow Fairy Sugar).

Tension Living With Muscle 3, Harry Potter.

Rabbit Fur, mostly original (Kamichama Karin, Koihime Soshi) and also some Guardian Heroes.

Tama-tan Doki Doki☆BOOK, original (Doki Doki! Tama-tan).

Kazune Miku 2, original (Kamichama Karin) and Vocaloid. This was the one I got on Yahoo Auctions.

Mashingers♪, Vocaloid.

Aoi no Zanshou, mostly original (Kamichama Karin, Pavane for a Dead Girl) with two small Hetalia fanarts as well.

Watashi Hana-Shū 2, original (Yomesan wa Moe Mangaka, Pavane For a Dead Girl, Di Gi Charat, Doki Doki! Tama-tan, Pita-Ten).

She Sees The Sea., Kantai Collection.

She Sees The Sea. 2, Kantai Collection.

Dai Gyakuten 2 ga Tanoshimi Sugite Shini-sou Hon. 2016-Nen Akigou, Dai Gyakuten Saiban (those prequel Ace Attorney games that didn't come out outside Japan).

Ponyfan

I've been trying to get into more magical girl anime recently! Because I love the aesthetic the genre has, and kind of... wanted to watch more magical girl shows so that I can buy cute figures and toys of them. :P

I watched Princess Tutu somewhat recently since I had heard really good things about that one, though it doesn't have a whole lot of merch unfortunately. But even so, it was really good and I'm happy I watched it even though there's not a crap ton of merch for it to buy.

Currently I'm watching Cardcaptor Sakura, I'm almost near the end. I know it does have a more recent sequel series though so I'll be watching that when I'm done with the first series.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 25, 2019, 11:04:48 PM »
I watched Alderamin on the Sky recently. It wasn't bad. Though probably needed to be longer - it's kind of just a taster for a light novel series that I will not be reading as it means importing them from Japan and I already have way too many books in Japanese to read.

I'm still keeping up with DnA despite the fact last week they butchered a manga chapter to fill time, which annoyed me slightly.

Watched the first episode of Iruma-kun and got a bit annoyed that the duel scene is SO similar to Kyou Kara Maou's...now debating rewatching KKM except it's so long and one of my DVDs is not in its case but in among some other discs, somewhere in my room....I just don't really know where...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 26, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »
Recently watched Spirited Away and The Wallflower because they're the most "Halloweeny" animes I own.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 26, 2019, 11:33:30 AM »
Great new items Beatles. :)  Seeing your merch posts makes me want to expand my anime merch collection but I'm pretty sure there isn't much for most of my favorite animes.

I haven't seen Princess Tutu but I have been thinking about Cardcaptor Sakura, off and on and also My Hero Academia,  Assassination Classroom and Violet Evergarden.

I haven't started Diamond no Ace yet but hopefully soon. I just watched the new Fruits Basket episode about Ayame.

Spoiler
Does Ayame admit to Tohru that Akito traumatized Yuki when he says Yuki has the most reason out of the other Zodiac members to fear Akito?  Also in the dub the characters pronounce Ayame as "I-ah-may" instead of "A-yuh-may" as they did in the original dub. I assume "I-ah-may" is closer to how it's supposed to be pronounced.

The episode with Ayame was never one of my favorites in the original Fruits Basket but I really like this one.

Still rewatching Yona.  :) I knew that I was probably missing a few things the first time I watched it but there was something in one of the last episodes I watched that I was really surprised I missed the first time.  :shocked:

Does anyone recognize this anime character?  What series is she from?

Spoiler

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:29:15 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #700 on: October 26, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

That's not an anime character, that's Hatsune Miku. She's a Vocaloid, which is a music creation software.

https://vocaloid.fandom.com/wiki/Hatsune_Miku

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 27, 2019, 07:00:17 AM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

That's not an anime character, that's Hatsune Miku. She's a Vocaloid, which is a music creation software.

https://vocaloid.fandom.com/wiki/Hatsune_Miku

Thanks Beatles. :) I figured someone here would know her. I had no idea she was from a music creation software.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 27, 2019, 04:38:44 PM »
@Ponyfan - your Furuba question makes me feel I probably need to rewatch it (do I need an excuse) but I remember it was a bit more...dark tones at times..?

Ah-yah-meh is the Japanese pronunciation. Three short syllables anyway...?

Listening to him and Yuki was always hilarious but is even more hilarious for me now thinking of the two seiyuu in other roles together xD.

I dunno anything about the dubs of either but I enjoyed Assassination Classroom (it's got this weirdly surreal twist that never actually goes away throughout it) and I quite like Hero Academia (not so keen on the villain cast, but I like class 1A and some of them are a lot of fun. XD) If you decide to watch either I hope you enjoy them!

I haven't seen Cardcaptor Sakura or Violet Evergarden. Heard lots of positive things about the latter though...

DnA <3.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2019, 07:53:25 AM »
Thanks Taffeta. :)  Hulu still just has the dubbed episodes of the new Fruits Basket.  I think the dub is trying to be more accurate with the pronunciation of some of the characters names like Ayame and Akito than the original dub was. (although I still love the original anime also) 

Spoiler
In one of the flasbacks about Yuki's trauma there's a short scene where Yuki is grabbing someone's clothes and begging them to get him out of that room Akito keeps him locked up in. The other person is in shadow so I'm not sure if Yuki is talking to Shigure or Akito? I think it might be Shigure because in the anime he and Hatori were talking about Akito's treatment of Yuki right before that and I don't see Akito being willing to let Yuki out without Shigure's influence. 

I was rewatching the Yona dub and noticed I recognized one of the VA's from Fruits Basket. The VA for Iksu is also the VA in the dub for Kyo. I would have never realized they were voiced by the same person.  I'm not sure my ears can take the dub pronouncing Jaeha as "gee-ha" instead of "jay-ha" though.

Spoiler
I'm also more aware now when a certain dragon appears in the flashbacks about Hiryuu.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:57:13 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 06, 2019, 02:28:45 AM »

Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation but I also read a translated version of the novel as well. Since the animation is in Chinese and not Japanese, I can understand some of the words. I wonder how accurate the subtitles really are?
I have also heard that Heaven's official blessing is suposed to be getting an animation and a live action as well.??
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:30:21 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal