collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202571 times)

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 10:05:41 PM »

My fav for now is Sword Art Online, I'm going to start rewatching it this week, so I'm all ready for the movie next month!!! Haha. I am making a special trip to San Francisco just to see it (well, I also plan to finally get some decent water Pokémon, haha, too!)
There's a movie?!? I did not know this! That's so exciting! And San Francisco for Pokemon -- can't beat that! I love Sword Art Online, especially the first season and then the arc with Sinon (I'm forgetting if that's the third season or not).
Sinon is in SAO II,  I *think* its season 2, but because the original SAO is 2 major story arcs, it's hard to keep track of!   :)

But yeah, the new movie, "Ordinal Scale" is being shown in subtitle at some theaters in the US on March 9th, either independent theater showings, or as part of the ones that do the Fathom Events!  We are getting it just a short time after Japan is, so there should be a lot online about it if you google "SAO movie"  :)

I dont get water pokemon where I live, and I don't drive, haha, so I've been waiting for an excuse to go to the bay!  I have 2 battery back ups for my phone that are at least 4 full charges each, and I plan to clear out my pokemon before I go, so I have plenty of room. I'm not worried about having pokeballs because Ive been told pier 39 and fishermen's wharf have like 15 pokestops between them, but I do plan to get a googleplay card so I can buy incubators since I'll be doing a lot of walking!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:12:28 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2017, 05:32:53 AM »
Sinon is in SAO II,  I *think* its season 2, but because the original SAO is 2 major story arcs, it's hard to keep track of!   :)

But yeah, the new movie, "Ordinal Scale" is being shown in subtitle at some theaters in the US on March 9th, either independent theater showings, or as part of the ones that do the Fathom Events!  We are getting it just a short time after Japan is, so there should be a lot online about it if you google "SAO movie"  :)

I dont get water pokemon where I live, and I don't drive, haha, so I've been waiting for an excuse to go to the bay!  I have 2 battery back ups for my phone that are at least 4 full charges each, and I plan to clear out my pokemon before I go, so I have plenty of room. I'm not worried about having pokeballs because Ive been told pier 39 and fishermen's wharf have like 15 pokestops between them, but I do plan to get a googleplay card so I can buy incubators since I'll be doing a lot of walking!
My local theater is going to have SAO! I wonder who I can drag there with me . . . Ha ha, it sounds like you're ready for Pokemon hunting! That's exciting. I hear you on the battery backups -- the game drains battery so fast! I realized that again on a trip I took this weekend. Having the game open for five minutes pretty much took away 2 percent of my battery each time :blink:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2017, 03:05:38 AM »
I know you all probably watch fansubs as they are released, but I buy DVDs as they come out (collector's mentality, ya'll). I just finished Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi and loved it. I wish it didn't end to fast.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2017, 09:47:41 AM »
I have recently just discovered Brave Police J-Decker and am six episodes in. Very fun cartoon. :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:49:30 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
I am still working on Sailor Moon seasons 1 and 2 both in the 90's anime and Crystal. I'm thinking about maybe watching Ponyo and My Neighbor Totoro.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2017, 07:26:18 PM »
I have recently just discovered Brave Police J-Decker and am six episodes in. Very fun cartoon. :)
I've never heard of it! What's it like?

I am still working on Sailor Moon seasons 1 and 2 both in the 90's anime and Crystal. I'm thinking about maybe watching Ponyo and My Neighbor Totoro.
Ooh, definitely recommend My Neighbor Totoro! I don't like Ponyo as much but it's at least worth a watch. I'd recommend all Studio Ghibli movies.

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2017, 08:05:36 PM »
Can I just say that I *love* how there was an entire conversation had via spoilers? LOL!

I'm an old school DBZ girl, and I will always go back to it, but lately I've been binge watching (pretty much every other month... it's a cruel obsession lol) Log Horizon <3 When my Log Horizon kick filters out, I suspect I'll drift back to Fullmetal Panic. I love me some epic series, but those short ones are really good for binge watching, you know? I also started working my way through One Piece a couple months ago.

I actually recommend Dragonball Super, then! The new series is a pleasant blend of what made Dragonball and Dragonball Z independently successful (good plot, but lots of light-hearted action in between). It's also allowing Toriyama to have more creative freedom than in the past, because the original fans of the series are now older (his editors apparently told him he couldn't do certain plots because they weren't morally appropriate for the hero of a show aimed at young boys; Goku is finally the almost-anti-hero that Toriyama always hinted at him being, and Vegeta is struggling to be a jerk, but mostly just being a good father, lol).

And for general recommendations to anyone: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is amazing. The art direction and editing, sound editing and music, and plot are all fantastic. It uses story-within-story frames for most of the first season (the rakugo stories relate to what's going on in the characters' lives external to the theatre, and one of the main characters recounts his history, with more rakugo inserted, for most of the first season). It's heart-breaking, but probably one of the best developed series I've seen in years. The amount of care and detail that goes into each episode is movie-level.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2017, 08:19:32 PM »
And for general recommendations to anyone: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is amazing. The art direction and editing, sound editing and music, and plot are all fantastic. It uses story-within-story frames for most of the first season (the rakugo stories relate to what's going on in the characters' lives external to the theatre, and one of the main characters recounts his history, with more rakugo inserted, for most of the first season). It's heart-breaking, but probably one of the best developed series I've seen in years. The amount of care and detail that goes into each episode is movie-level.
[/size]
I totally want to see this! I started the first episode and it was much more interesting than I'd think a show about rakugo could be. I haven't watched more yet because they're longer than your average anime episode, but I definitely plan to.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »
I've never heard of it! What's it like?

Ooh, definitely recommend My Neighbor Totoro! I don't like Ponyo as much but it's at least worth a watch. I'd recommend all Studio Ghibli movies.

Think of a Transformers anime, but quirkier and surprisingly cute.

Lhianneth

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »
I totally want to see this! I started the first episode and it was much more interesting than I'd think a show about rakugo could be. I haven't watched more yet because they're longer than your average anime episode, but I definitely plan to.

It had actually been on my Crunchyroll queue for a few months when a friend shared a post that the second season would feature a song by Shiina Ringo and Hayashibara Megumi. I got really excited and looked into it, found out that the first season also had an opening by them working together, and that Hayashibara was a recurring cast member. So. My partner and I started the first season in time to catch up to the second, and watched week-to-week. It's a beautiful, complicated story, and has amazing voicework from the entire cast.

We'd just finished Gintama's recent season as well, which was fortuitous since several key cast members from that show feature in Rakugo as main characters. And their roles are sosososo different. The show really shows off their range as actors!

... speaking of which, though it's long, Gintama is also very, very good. It's probably one of the best comedy series I've ever seen, and I never thought I'd see an anime do parody better than Excel Saga, but Gintama blitzes it, while still having ridiculously good story and engaging characters.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
I'm almost done watching Silver Spoon.  (I think I have 1 or 2 episodes left.)  It makes me laugh because it's about a city kid who goes to an agricultural high school.  He spends the first episode freaking out about where eggs come from on a chicken.   It does have its serious side, too, but as someone who lives next door to people who keep cows in their backyard, I find it highly amusing.

My Hero Academia is fun. 

I'm thinking about maybe watching Ponyo and My Neighbor Totoro.

I love Studio Ghibli films.  My favorite is Whisper of the Heart.  When my nephew was 2 I let him watch Totoro and he called it the "Monster Bunny Movie".  It actually has 2 dubs.  I have the original dub.  The lady that did the voice of Angelica in Rugrats does the voice of Mei.  The new dub has Dakota and Elle Fanning.  I don't like it as much, but that might be because I'm more familiar with the older dub.  My nieces and nephews love Ponyo.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2017, 12:05:01 AM »
i like tokyo mew mew
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2017, 11:36:05 AM »
I picked up a copy of My Neighbor Totoro today.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

Ponyfan

Absolutely love My Neighbor Totoro

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2017, 06:49:59 AM »

Ponyfan

Absolutely love My Neighbor Totoro

Totoro is the best! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal