collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202514 times)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2018, 07:55:15 AM »
In the UK Toonami had DBZ, Tenchi and Gundam Wing if I remember right. I loved Tenchi despite the dub and obvious cuts but hated DBZ and couldn't get into Gundam. I never saw Sailor Moon in English so I dunno what channel or wherr it aired here. Never knew it was meant to be Toonami.

For me DBZ had no plot. It was just a series of increasingly unrealistic battles while people stood around describing the fights. I never saw any other DB though. That put me off.

I need an actual plot...godmodding fights aren't my thing really...

Eh.
I wouldn't say that Sailor Moon was meant for Toonami.
It hit local tv in North America in 1995/1996. It bombed tho. XD

My very first terrible fan site for anything was Sailor Moon, and it was in 1995-ish.  And yes, yes it was a GeoCities site.

Toonami wasn't even on until I was practically an adult, old enough to stay up as late as I wanted at least (at least late enough that the entire reason I watched it to begin with was Moltar, so late enough to be watching SGCTC). But it was mostly stuff I had seen before. But I also recall DBZ being on well before that at least where I lived.  With this ridic theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaH23Gh8TBs

The Tenchi days of Toonami were way later.  After even all the terrible hip-hop DBZ clothing and raveware was already a joke.

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2018, 08:28:26 PM »
I loved sailor moon.  Recently I showed a.clip to my daughter she said "that's so cool mom!"n but just kept asking to see the cat (Luna).  Hehe.  I loved the series Noir also kick *** girl assassins and reading the Shoujo Peach Girl in the Smile magazines.  Later I enjoyed Chobits & Love Hina.  And enjoyed all of Miyazaki'so works.  Can't wait to go see the theatre re-screening of Spirited Away this yr ^.^

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »
I'm still working on Miraculous Ladybug. :) I'm also interested in Sailor Moon Crystal Season/Set 3 since I just finished the corresponding manga story.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »
Has anyone ever tried Wotakoi? I've seen it pop up on item searches and I'm curious.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
I'm not familiar with that one...O.o.

I've begun watching Golden Kamuy. Once you get used to the idea it's quite brutal, it's actually kind of interesting. I started watching it entirely because I like the band who play the ending theme, but I guess that's a good reason??

I have also spent the last 2 hours doing something I haven't done in ages - hunting up music from seiyuu on youtube. Because all my live event DVDs are at home. And I am not ashamed to say that stories and characters through music make me happy :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2018, 06:16:02 PM »
Viz Media has just announced they will be releasing Sailor Moon Sailor Stars season in 2019z

I’m still watching Miraculous Ladybug on Netflix but I’m getting close to the end of the episodes on there. It ends Season 2 with “Captain Hardrock” but there are more Season 2 episodes listed online. I hope they get added to Netflix soon.

Ponyfan

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2018, 06:48:16 AM »
Viz Media has just announced they will be releasing Sailor Moon Sailor Stars season in 2019z

:3 Yay.
I'm so happy I can finally have the whole series legit. I believe I still need part 1 and 2 of SuperS. Maybe just part 2... I can't remember. >_<

;_; I look forward to the rest of Crystal as well...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2018, 04:34:27 AM »
The only new one I am watching is my life reincarniated as a slime and Boruto.
But I can only watch when the VPN decides its gonna work.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2018, 09:52:02 AM »

I’m still watching Miraculous Ladybug on Netflix but I’m getting close to the end of the episodes on there. It ends Season 2 with “Captain Hardrock” but there are more Season 2 episodes listed online. I hope they get added to Netflix soon.

Ponyfan

None of it is on netflix here yet though my databox at home has recorded most of the series so far (it is airing on Disney channel here and had got to Malediktator the last time I was home). I heard a rumour that in the US the rest of season 2 will be on netflix once it's finished airing around the world. It can';t be far off that now, so maybe December? I admit I may have watched the rest of season 2 already >.> but I would like to do it properly. Hopefully the US dvd will come out soon as with s1 the US dvd is better than the UK. It has both language tracks and I want the French as well as the English.

Animewise, aside from being sidetracked by the Shinsengumi Taiga Drama (I really shouldn't watch drama series which contain so much emotive stuff, sigh) and rewatching the Gokusen drama (which is very formulaic but I still like it) I have randomly been dipping into episodes here and there. I tend to go through anime phases and drama phases. I finally have Sengoku Basara to hand, though, so I will soon be watching that to add to my binge watching of all and any sengoku related anime just because.

Oh yes. And at home I was watching Harukanaru Toki no Naka De (in English version Haruka, beyond the stream of time). I have a really special bond with this series overall for a lot of reasons, not least because of the seiyuu live events - but it was kind of nostalgic to watch it again. It sometimes gets compared with Fushigi Yuugi as though they're somehow the same but since ancient China and Heian Japan are not the same, I tend to disagree... Haruka was never dubbed though it was released with subs in the US and the manga was translated too...I think if anyone had tried to dub it I would've thrown fakies at them. It's bad enough they turned Sefuru into "Sefle" and Ikutidaru into Icktidarl...and the onmyouji Yasuaki into a "sorcerer" in the synopses. The basis for the original Haruka isn't as fun as that for the later games but it's the only one thus far to have proper manga and therefore a proper full length anime. I guess I'll get around to watching the Haruka 3 specials again at some point. Still bummed that Haruka 5 never became an anime. That would've been awesome...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
I watched "Big Fish and Begonia" the other night.  I liked it, but the ending made me cry.  Though, watching the credits made the sad part of the ending a little better because there's a random scene hidden in them. 

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »

Ponyfan

None of it is on netflix here yet though my databox at home has recorded most of the series so far (it is airing on Disney channel here and had got to Malediktator the last time I was home). I heard a rumour that in the US the rest of season 2 will be on netflix once it's finished airing around the world. It can';t be far off that now, so maybe December? I admit I may have watched the rest of season 2 already >.> but I would like to do it properly. Hopefully the US dvd will come out soon as with s1 the US dvd is better than the UK. It has both language tracks and I want the French as well as the English.

Animewise, aside from being sidetracked by the Shinsengumi Taiga Drama (I really shouldn't watch drama series which contain so much emotive stuff, sigh) and rewatching the Gokusen drama (which is very formulaic but I still like it) I have randomly been dipping into episodes here and there. I tend to go through anime phases and drama phases. I finally have Sengoku Basara to hand, though, so I will soon be watching that to add to my binge watching of all and any sengoku related anime just because.

Oh yes. And at home I was watching Harukanaru Toki no Naka De (in English version Haruka, beyond the stream of time). I have a really special bond with this series overall for a lot of reasons, not least because of the seiyuu live events - but it was kind of nostalgic to watch it again. It sometimes gets compared with Fushigi Yuugi as though they're somehow the same but since ancient China and Heian Japan are not the same, I tend to disagree... Haruka was never dubbed though it was released with subs in the US and the manga was translated too...I think if anyone had tried to dub it I would've thrown fakies at them. It's bad enough they turned Sefuru into "Sefle" and Ikutidaru into Icktidarl...and the onmyouji Yasuaki into a "sorcerer" in the synopses. The basis for the original Haruka isn't as fun as that for the later games but it's the only one thus far to have proper manga and therefore a proper full length anime. I guess I'll get around to watching the Haruka 3 specials again at some point. Still bummed that Haruka 5 never became an anime. That would've been awesome...

Have fun watching Sengoku Basara, Masamune is good when he talks in the subbed version, he adds English words that are said in English. I rather watch the dubbed one because Mitsuhide scars me in the subbed version.

Re watching Attack on Titan season two because I need more scenes that I'm putting in my FanFiction story. Instead of Mike being eaten during the anime I am going to imagine it's The Penguin  from
Batman.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:35:54 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
Thanks for that xD

I speak Japanese so I won't watch dubs - the English pronunciation of Japanese words hurts my ears now xD It never used to before I learned Japanese, but I can't stand it now xD. Though Masamune speaking in English sounds amusing. I don't really know either why it is the Japanese are so obsessed with Yukimura.

One of the reasons I'm going to watch it is because I want to see the crazy that is Mitsuhide xD. I'm currently doing some research on him historically and the way in which he's portrayed in things is interesting to me xD.

Speaking of Sengoku Musou, whenever I think of the way it ends for Mitsunari and his pals, this always cheers me up/amuses me xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXLQLgtbBdg
Sekigahara may be done but there's apparently still a recording contract...;)

Seiyuu make all these things so much more fun because they take nothing seriously. There are a couple of amusing Sengoku Musou live skits...I remember one Mitsuhide schemes to get Nobunaga engaged to Sanada Nobuyuki, while Masamune is freaking out because Nobuyuki doesn't seem to realise the potential "bride" is Nobunaga...or the one when Mitsunari and Mitsuhide are competing for hanami viewing locations...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:24:36 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2018, 01:22:24 PM »

Ponyfan

Thanks Taffeta. :) I hope the rest of the Miraculous Ladybug Season 2 episodes get added to Netflix soon. I only have Captain Hardrock and the Christmas special left.  I really wish I had picked up some of the Ladybug toys when they were around here but they’re long gone now. :sad:

I watched "Big Fish and Begonia" the other night.  I liked it, but the ending made me cry.  Though, watching the credits made the sad part of the ending a little better because there's a random scene hidden in them. 

I’ve been thinking of picking up “Big Fish and Begonia” since it seems similar to the The Little Mermaid.

I’ve been wanting to see “Fireworks” for a long time and am also thinking about “Princess Kaguya” and “Song of the Sea”

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:28:11 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »

I could maybe start some series again next week. Maybe rewatching Digimon Adventure? Or then I could start watching something new, maybe Law of Ueki or Zoids...

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »
Need to start watching Sengoku Basara sometime soon, but right now I'm interspersing the Gokusen drama (the original drama is the best version though they all look so young O.o) with Rurouni Kenshin (which I haven't watched in ages but was inspired to rewatch since I've been doing the Meiji period with my students and now actually understand all of the subtext things about politics, etc going on and what an ishinshishi is...which I never did before.

Not that I intend to teach my students about the Meiji period as seen in anime, but it's more interesting having the context a bit more as well. I'm not a modern historian by nature but I like learning stuff :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal