collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 13322 times)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: Anime?
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2018, 02:55:15 PM »
In the UK Toonami had DBZ, Tenchi and Gundam Wing if I remember right. I loved Tenchi despite the dub and obvious cuts but hated DBZ and couldn't get into Gundam. I never saw Sailor Moon in English so I dunno what channel or wherr it aired here. Never knew it was meant to be Toonami.

For me DBZ had no plot. It was just a series of increasingly unrealistic battles while people stood around describing the fights. I never saw any other DB though. That put me off.

I need an actual plot...godmodding fights aren't my thing really...

Eh.
I wouldn't say that Sailor Moon was meant for Toonami.
It hit local tv in North America in 1995/1996. It bombed tho. XD

My very first terrible fan site for anything was Sailor Moon, and it was in 1995-ish.  And yes, yes it was a GeoCities site.

Toonami wasn't even on until I was practically an adult, old enough to stay up as late as I wanted at least (at least late enough that the entire reason I watched it to begin with was Moltar, so late enough to be watching SGCTC). But it was mostly stuff I had seen before. But I also recall DBZ being on well before that at least where I lived.  With this ridic theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaH23Gh8TBs

The Tenchi days of Toonami were way later.  After even all the terrible hip-hop DBZ clothing and raveware was already a joke.

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2018, 03:28:26 AM »
I loved sailor moon.  Recently I showed a.clip to my daughter she said "that's so cool mom!"n but just kept asking to see the cat (Luna).  Hehe.  I loved the series Noir also kick *** girl assassins and reading the Shoujo Peach Girl in the Smile magazines.  Later I enjoyed Chobits & Love Hina.  And enjoyed all of Miyazaki'so works.  Can't wait to go see the theatre re-screening of Spirited Away this yr ^.^

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2018, 02:20:54 AM »
I'm still working on Miraculous Ladybug. :) I'm also interested in Sailor Moon Crystal Season/Set 3 since I just finished the corresponding manga story.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you  SDS for my avatar and  tailrustedtealeaf for my sig.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »
Has anyone ever tried Wotakoi? I've seen it pop up on item searches and I'm curious.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2018, 10:44:24 PM »
I'm not familiar with that one...O.o.

I've begun watching Golden Kamuy. Once you get used to the idea it's quite brutal, it's actually kind of interesting. I started watching it entirely because I like the band who play the ending theme, but I guess that's a good reason??

I have also spent the last 2 hours doing something I haven't done in ages - hunting up music from seiyuu on youtube. Because all my live event DVDs are at home. And I am not ashamed to say that stories and characters through music make me happy :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|