collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 9690 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
Re: Anime?
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2018, 03:42:16 AM »
I just finished Naruto. I don't know what to do with my life now.

I need something new to binge watch.  :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SWAP wishlists-->http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,389191.msg1680926.html#msg1680926
Follow me on Instagram--->https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/
Headed to Yinchuan, Ningxia China in August. Follow my adventures on Instagram!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »
I just finished My Love Story.  It's adorable.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »
I’m also looking for anime recommendations. My Walmart stores are starting to stock more Studio Ghibli movies since they’ve moved from Disney to Ghibli Kids.

Ponyfan

Thank you  SDS for my avatar and sig.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2018, 05:49:23 AM »
I'm now rewatching Ouran. I still think it's totally crack, although I also think the questions it raises about gender roles are interesting. What with Haruhi not really caring about being mistaken for a boy, and not fitting the stereotypes...and all the other things going on.

I am pretending that watching anime helps with my Japanese work. It's good to pretend.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
I’m also looking for anime recommendations. My Walmart stores are starting to stock more Studio Ghibli movies since they’ve moved from Disney to Ghibli Kids.

Honestly, I only liked The Cat returns, Howls moving Castle and Spirited away. The one with the little people was good too. Normally I hate subtitles but for some reason, I really do not like the dubbing of these. I know they are all done by famous actors but is like the voices do not match the characters.

I'm now rewatching Ouran. I still think it's totally crack, although I also think the questions it raises about gender roles are interesting. What with Haruhi not really caring about being mistaken for a boy, and not fitting the stereotypes...and all the other things going on.

I suppose having a crossdressing father helped.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:02:54 AM by tikibirds »

SWAP wishlists-->http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,389191.msg1680926.html#msg1680926
Follow me on Instagram--->https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/
Headed to Yinchuan, Ningxia China in August. Follow my adventures on Instagram!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:50 AM »

Honestly, I only liked The Cat returns, Howls moving Castle and Spirited away. The one with the little people was good too. Normally I hate subtitles but for some reason, I really do not like the dubbing of these. I know they are all done by famous actors but is like the voices do not match the characters.

I suppose having a crossdressing father helped.

I am not really a fan of Ghibli either. I like a couple. Spirited Away and Mononoke-hime are ok, and the one based on the borrowers which I cannot remember the name of for some reason right now. But I always feel like Ghibli are like the Japanese Disney...and if you only ever watched Disney, you'd miss a lot of cool other stuff...

Not a fan of dubs either, but that's personal preference and I admit, I'm also not a fan of subs. Subs are more often correct to the original than dubs, but they usually both take liberties and I like to know what is actually being said in the story, not what some other person decided to render it as...

Re Ouran - yes indeed :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|