collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202570 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2017, 06:53:57 PM »
For those of you asking about Kimi no na wa - It's a movie with feels.
Same goes for Koe no Katachi.
And yes, I too loved Akatsuki no Yona.

If you're in to the reversed harems, like Ouran high school and Watashi ga motete Dousunda you may also like Yamato nadeshiki henge and Kaichou wa maid-sama.
Even Pretear has a nice ending :)
We have a lot of similar tastes! I loved Koe no Katachi (anime and manga version) and Akatsuki no Yona, and Kaichou wa maid-sama. And Pretear! It's been a while since I've seen that one.

If anyone here subscribes to Crunchyroll DO NOT visit the website right now. It has been hacked and will automatically download a malicious software onto your computer called "Crunchy Viewer" or something like that.

I'm lucky because I didn't visit the website today before finding out about this, hope you all see this before, as well!

EDIT: According to CR's Twitter, it's okay now and should be fine to visit.
:crazy: Thanks for the warning! I watch a lot of anime on Crunchyroll. Good thing they're back now.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
My mom and I started the first season of Food Wars. It is hilarious. XD
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
I finally ordered the anime version of The Little Mermaid. :) I'm excited to watch it.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
I watched the anime Little Mermaid and even though I'm a big fan of Disney's version I love this one also. It was really late when I was watching and I missed a few things so I'm to rewatch some parts of it later today.

Ponyfan

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
Finally getting around to watching Kamisama Kiss. Have read up to all but the last volume of the manga, and watched the first season of the anime so far. It skips out a lot of characters and storylines... If they progressed it slower I think they could probably have got another season out of it at least, and the story would be much more rounded. The relationships are a bit forced, as is Nanami's power, I mean she's pretty mary-sue in the manga, but they sure ramped it up for the anime! And the dub... Tatum? Really?! As much as I love Tatum, I was hoping for something a little different for Tomoe, mostly because his role as a familiar is so darned butler-like.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »
I've started watching the first part of Sailor Moon S.

Ponyfan

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2018, 08:38:45 AM »
I finally got round to watching Wedding Peach in January (been meaning to watch it for about 10 years now :P). I really enjoyed it! Didn't enjoy the OVA (Wedding Peach DX) as much (too much fanservice for me) but the main series was awesome. It's a shame most people just write it off as a "Sailor Moon ripoff", since it's really it's own thing.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2018, 05:32:24 PM »
I was watching Clannad and loving it/crying to death, but I took a break from watching it while I was moving. The other day I just went back onto Amazon Prime to watch it again and they've removed it! I own season 1 on DVD but I was watching season 2 and now I guess I need to buy it on DVD, too. :( Anime is so expensive. :( :( :(

Anyway, today I started watching Fate/Stay Night, but this is one of those really convoluted series where I'm not sure what order to watch/play the entries in it, so I might have to go back and watch a different entry first? I think the one that's on Netflix is the newest/last entry you're supposed to watch, and that's what I just started...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
I was watching Clannad and loving it/crying to death, but I took a break from watching it while I was moving. The other day I just went back onto Amazon Prime to watch it again and they've removed it! I own season 1 on DVD but I was watching season 2 and now I guess I need to buy it on DVD, too. :( Anime is so expensive. :( :( :(

See if you can get it from your library.  I know my library has it so ask if they can do an Interlibrary Loan if they don't already have it.  Some libraries charge for this service but it's still cheaper than buying some of the anime series.  Also you can check rightstufanime.com and see if they have it on sale.  I know they have a really good sale between Black Friday and Christmas but they have other sales during the year as well.

Also, started watching my Blu-Ray of Gundam Wing.  So glad I splurged and got the collector's box.  The extras are unreleased episodes previously known as Odds and Evens, which I only saw parts of on YouTube years ago.  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:34:25 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2018, 07:38:33 PM »
I am binge watching Sailor Moon S part 1 and I have to say that I was very surprised to see that one part in the tea ceremony episode where Chibiusa meets the random boy in the park. I was totally not expecting that.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2018, 07:01:47 AM »
What are everyone’s thoughts on In Your Corner of the World and From Up On Poppy Hill?

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »
What are everyone’s thoughts on In Your Corner of the World and From Up On Poppy Hill?

Ponyfan

I really like From Up On Poppy Hill.  It's a super cute slice of life.

In Your Corner of the World was harder to watch because you know what's coming and you spend the whole time wondering "is this the part?  or is this the part?  is this the part?!" which makes it a bit stressful.  And because it's a slice of life during WWII, there are some sad parts, but it was still really good.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2018, 12:01:47 PM »
If anyone likes cuteness, I just have to say How To Keep a Mummy is ridiculously cute. You probably wouldn't think so from that title, but it is! Just don't think too much about the series and embrace the cuteness because it is sooo darn cute, I can't even.

|My Collection|

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »
I'm having a lot of trouble finding something good to watch. I started to re-watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, but I'm not really into it. I also started Fate/Stay Night, but... I dunno. I'm not really into that, either. I guess I'm having a slump. I need recommendations! Harmonie -- "How to Keep a Mummy" sounds interesting. I'm probably in the mood for something cute. :)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2018, 06:17:16 PM »

Ponyfan

I really like From Up On Poppy Hill.  It's a super cute slice of life.

In Your Corner of the World was harder to watch because you know what's coming and you spend the whole time wondering "is this the part?  or is this the part?  is this the part?!" which makes it a bit stressful.  And because it's a slice of life during WWII, there are some sad parts, but it was still really good.

Thank you pokeyonekenobie. I’ll probably end up buying both of them. :)

I’m having a hard time staying interested in Pretty Cure/Glitter Force. At least the version that’s on Netflix. I’ve only watched 3 episodes.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal