collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 204168 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1125 on: June 08, 2021, 10:52:05 AM »
Oooh, Tiger and Bunny is a good one!  My sis had to convince me to watch it but she was right and I loved it.  No one spoiled any of it for me (including myself), which was great given what happens in the series.  I've rewatched it several times.  Tiger reminds me of my dad, personality-wise, but I also identify with him due to...career-related reasons....while my sis is definitely more like Barnaby lol.  Blue Rose I wasn't wild about at first but I keep finding myself rewatching her episode...did you have any favorite episodes?

Yeah, I think there are two movies?  I watched the first one, but it is really kind of like a recap of the series so if you don't see it I wouldn't say you are missing much.  I haven't seen the second one but I would like to!  And I'm excited to hear they are finally going to do a second season!  There was talk about it years ago but then it didn't happen. 

T&B was supposedly kind of an unexpected success.  They hadn't planned much merchandise so what did come out sold out immediately at first.  The Figuarts figures in particular sold out immediately, it was insane.  I think they caught up though bc sis was eventually able to get a couple of model kits and I got a couple of books.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 08, 2021, 11:57:12 AM »
I figured out how to access my digital copies on the Funimation app.  I have to watch them "In the Cloud."  It wasn't coming up before because I guess it needed time to register my sign-in or something but it's there now.  :)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1127 on: June 08, 2021, 01:27:53 PM »
@SunPony - I guess for me it's more individual moments than whole episodes. I think it starts off a bit...all over the place, but once it gets into a rhythm it's a good series. I'm interested to see how they take it forward if indeed the second season happens next year. Given how things ended up.

Spoiler
I really like character bonds, and so I like Barnaby and Kotetsu's interplay especially when Barnaby is a mess and Kotetsu is being pseudo-Dad xD. I know it's not a funny moment exactly but Barnaby yelling at the end about practicing making chahan so Kotetsu can eat it made me laugh.

I also really like Origami. I have no idea why he's all kabuki and stuff when his real name is Russian...but eh. That moment at the end where he throws his shuriken to keep a certain villain in his place warmed my heart. He can be a hero too!

Yuri is also a good character. But I feel like we needed a bit more of him to flesh him out.

Sky High is just...xD

I don't really have an opinion of Blue Rose. She's a typical teenager I guess??

I'm glad I finally got to watchit.I remember there was some hype about it at the time...although I probably got that hype for it because I was following things with Morita Masakazu and he mentioned it in an interview or something. I was a lot more involved with the neoroma event stuff back then and he was often involved in those because of voicing characters in Kiniro no Koruda. I don't remember it being mentioned at one of those though, so it was probably something else he did.

Hirata Hiroaki is just an added bonus. They're perfectly cast.

The annoying thing is that I can see the Rising movie at a reasonable price on the yahoo auctions but there are all kinds of issues buying from Japan right now...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 01:30:07 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 08, 2021, 02:47:26 PM »
The annoying thing is that I can see the Rising movie at a reasonable price on the yahoo auctions but there are all kinds of issues buying from Japan right now...

I was going to suggest you get the Rising movie from RightStuf but I don't know if they have any that are region free.  The Blu-Ray/DVD they have is Region A and the DVD is Region 1.  Not sure which region(s) you can use.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 08, 2021, 03:25:11 PM »

I was going to suggest you get the Rising movie from RightStuf but I don't know if they have any that are region free.  The Blu-Ray/DVD they have is Region A and the DVD is Region 1.  Not sure which region(s) you can use.

Thanks for that consideration :D My player is multiregion so that's not a problem. But I actually managed to find it just now on amazon japan, so I ordered a copy there. They can still ship to me, which is nice to know ;) I've bought manga from them recently so it should be fine :)

UK is region 2, and so is Japan. But I have a lot of US DVDs so having a multiregion player made sense.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 29, 2021, 12:55:09 PM »
I've watched Free High Speed and Free Take Your Marks. 

I saw today that the new Fruits Basket has ended but there will be a separate anime  focusing on Kyoko and Katsuya's  (Tohru's parents) relationship  It's been a while since I've read Fruits Basket but I don't think remember there being much in the manga about Katsuya.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 30, 2021, 04:39:58 AM »
Oooh really? :O I really need to watch the new anime, then, so I'm all caught up in time to watch this! Sounds interesting.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 30, 2021, 05:54:19 AM »
I need to find time to watch the full Furuba all through now it's done :) I prefer series when they're not being aired, it's so much easier.

I don't think there was ever manga about her parents - I do think there was some manga about the next generation or something? I've never gone looking for it though.

I'm (re)watching Boku no Hero Academia. Because Tiger and Bunny made me want to. I still like the kids, I still hate the villains. It's actually interesting how many small things may or may not have been inspired by T&B. BnHA gets a lot of stick for being super mainstream - which it probably is on the broad scale - but eh, I like the characters. I also have the DVD now for the T&B movie, of which I've watched about 10 mins and the ending xD.

I hope when they do the new series that both Origami and Yuri get some more airtime too. Tiger and Barnaby themselves are my favourites, but I love those two as well. Yuri is so messed up, Origami needs hugs.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 30, 2021, 06:34:41 AM »
Yeah, there is a sequel manga of some sort, Fruits Basket Another. I have it but I'll admit, I've never read it either (wanted to reread the original series first and just haven't found the time yet.. one day!).

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 30, 2021, 07:23:01 AM »
I haven't read Fruits Basket Another either.  I've looked at it several times but have always found other books at the bookstore that I've wanted to read more.  I'd love to know the basic outline though.

Spoiler
It doesn't make sense to me that if Tohru broke the curse how it can reappear in the next generation...

I need to finish season 2 of Fruits Basket.  I also need to order Season 2 Part 2.

I'm also rewatching Diamond no Ace.  Even though I know what's going to happen I get so caught up in the story that a lot of the episodes fly by and before I know it the credits are rolling.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 30, 2021, 07:29:29 AM »
The most ridiculous episodes are when you have basically a whole episode for one at-bat. Especially towards the end of season 2, in that Yakushi game finale. I think it crosses three episodes for that inning??

I have the same wondering about Furuba. It's also part of the reason I haven't gone looking for it.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 30, 2021, 10:14:43 AM »
The most ridiculous episodes are when you have basically a whole episode for one at-bat. Especially towards the end of season 2, in that Yakushi game finale. I think it crosses three episodes for that inning??

I agree.

There's one an episode where someone comes up to bat, there's a long flashback that takes up the rest of the episode and right before the credits the same batter is still standing at the plate.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 10:17:18 AM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 30, 2021, 10:35:27 AM »

I agree.

There's one an episode where someone comes up to bat, there's a long flashback that takes up the rest of the episode and right before the credits the same batter is still standing at the plate.

Ponyfan

Mind you...in the manga there's one at bat that took 4 weeks to complete. Because of a 2 week hiatus in the middle, true, but seriously.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 02, 2021, 06:01:02 AM »

Mind you...in the manga there's one at bat that took 4 weeks to complete. Because of a 2 week hiatus in the middle, true, but seriously.

That's a very long at bat.

I started watching Yona in Japanese. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 02, 2021, 07:08:08 AM »
Rightstuf is having a sale.