collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Actitivity on that MLPArena  (Read 7181 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Actitivity on that MLPArena
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2023, 11:49:11 AM »
I know this has turned into a discussion about social media, but it still seemed like an appropriate place to pop my head up after years of absence. Sorry if I’m intruding, I’m not sure anyone would remember me…

I’ve definitely noticed forums in general fading as people shift more focus to instant gratification social media. It’s just so hard to have any kind of cohesion there. I miss having drawn out and more insightful conversations about ponies!

Welcome back! :frolic:

lovesbabysquirmy, that sounds totally miserable, and I don't blame you for being frustrated. Bouncing off of what Beth3346 said too, I feel like it's fighting a losing battle to try and keep scammers out of the Facebook groups. I mean, the obvious ones tend to get caught, but I know of at least one "popular" name who's a mod for multiple groups, allegedly holding people accountable for not scamming, who was very nearly kicked out of the pony community for scamming years ago.

At that point it feels like ... there must be so many more who skate by because they're only scamming amounts less than $50, or they're just too "popular" to be held accountable until they hit grand larceny levels. It's reminding me of the Unicornucopia fiasco (super-popular so she was able to rip off more people without backlash because people were afraid to go against the 'big name member'), but it's even worse because it's easy to change names or just make a new account on Facebook and rejoin the pony groups. And if the pony groups are modded by scammers anyway, we've got the foxes watching the henhouse!

It makes me glad that Paypal has such a long claim window now, because man, it feels so dangerous to be buying and selling ponies on Facebook! :faint:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2023, 11:04:40 PM »
I still have stuff. Doubles. Things I need to get rid of. But I just don't want to deal with the hassle

Same here!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2023, 09:19:19 AM »
I still have stuff. Doubles. Things I need to get rid of. But I just don't want to deal with the hassle

Same here!

yup. me too
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2023, 09:02:42 AM »
It's sad that so many of us feel like that. But even though the sale market was so much riskier back in the late 90s/early 2000s, it also felt safer because we could monitor scammers.

That said, I saw a few big names go up in flames because the people who they scammed were not believed and they had too much status.

I don't post at the TP anymore because of an incident like that, with a couple of well known people, one of whom was scamming and threatening people into keeping quiet and the other who was just operating a behind the scenes smear campaign. Thankfully both are gone now, but it wasn't unknown to have big name collectors behaving like the rules didn't apply to them and site moderators taking their side in scam complaints instead of listening to the people they were victimising.

But overall I feel like as a community we did better at policing things when there was some control over policing our trading areas. Now it's just too vast and people don't care.

If I could drive, I'd have taken everything I have spare to a Ponycon, or even a carboot sale by now and got rid of it. But I can't, so that's not an option.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2023, 11:50:32 AM »
Yeah I have made slow progress with listing some items on the local sales marketplace. Glad it can go to people who appreciate it, but I am surprised at the lack of collectors in my area compared to what it used to be!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Stargaze

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+83)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Land
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2023, 11:07:51 PM »
I was never very active posting on the forum, but always enjoyed reading many posts. Due to changes in life I got sight tracked from MLP and the forum years ago, even sold most of my G2 and  G3 collection, but I absolutely love seeing "old" members still being active here when I log in. It brings back happy memories as this feels like such a safe and loving place.
For information about G1 + G2 + G3: Visit MLP Land 
~*~ My Wish List ~*~  :rainbow: ~*~ MLP Land Sales Albums ~*~

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2023, 11:33:22 PM »
I'm still here and have been in the pony community since early '97. I sometimes think about the people I knew back then and wonder if they are still around in the pony community. I probably have had times where I didn't sign in for years and I don't usually post much. I just tend to read more than I post. I had mostly quit collecting ponies, but I love collecting the Basic Fun ponies. I love this forum and would be sad if it ever became completely inactive. I'm really glad to see there are still people posting here, though I agree it's not as active as it once was.

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2023, 02:30:59 PM »
Hi all! I'm a bit late to 'the party', sorry. But I wanted to let you all know I love the Arena. I'm sad to see so many moved their sales to somewhere else (facebook, eBay, Etsy etc) where we could make a nice safe buy-and-sell area over here. Arena members are so much more relaxed and trustworthy. Why not boost the arena by selling through here?

(if the posting pictures is an issue I would gladly help, it is sooooo easy if you know what to do).
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal