collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doing a once in a lifetime trip next year!  (Read 346 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Doing a once in a lifetime trip next year!
« on: November 21, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »
  I just found out that we are going to be going to Jamaica next July. My Fiancés daughter is getting married there. Its going to be a very small one also.
  I am excited to be able to do something like this and see that place. But I am very worried about the plane rides. I have been my first plane trip last year and it made me not feel good and I was very stressed out (started crying on the plane when it was taking off).  We are going to be taking two planes out there and two planes back home. Does anyone have any ideas to help me with these plane rides? 

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
Re: Doing a once in a lifetime trip next year!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:53:27 PM »
for the change in pressure I chew gum at take off and landing.

for stress, I'm not sure, maybe listen to music or try to distract yourself with a conversation? take a book or magazine with info on your destination so you can look through it and remind yourself that there is a reward at the end?

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:10:41 AM »
As someone who has a Phobia of flying and has lived in Alaska, China and Japan...I used to get panic attacks pretty bad but they have seriously mellowed out in recent years. At one point, I got anxiety pills from a DR. If not, take sleeping pills. You will fall asleep and wake up when you arrive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 08:07:34 AM »
That sounds wonderful--im sure you will have an amazing time with your family <3

Have you considered talking to a social worker?  They can help with the anxiety and give you a plan of attack for dealing with situations as they pop up.

Having something to distract yourself might be a good idea too.  Maybe have something small and smooth like a worry stone on you and just hold onto it or turn it in your hand.

Best of luck <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 06:31:28 PM »
That sounds like fun! Sandy beaches, warm...
We went to Utah a few years back. I was not a good flier by any means. I refused to sit by the window. Not that I was super freaking out but was nerved up enough. Had to get some Pepto-bismol after we landed, my nerves were shot! Eat light before you fly and I agree, gum and anything that will keep you distracted for a few hours.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:12 AM »
I'm a bit of the opposite, I love flying, even went to school at an early age to learn HOW to fly so iv been up there as a passenger and a pilot (sorta, i stopped paying for lessons when it got too expensive for the family)

My mom is a very nervous flyer though, even now, after she's had dozens of flights for work and trips etc. I think for her it helps if she has an aisle seat, she also will take travel sick medication that makes her drowsy.

Someone once told her that a big reason people fear flying, is the lack of control, after that she started drilling me with questions about how airplanes flew and what this or that button did or what  caused turbulence etc. xD That actually seemed to help her a bit, knowing the ins and outs of things. :p It also might help to know, that Airplanes actually WANT to stay in the air, they are built so aerodynamic that even if an engine or prop is lost, that it will continue gliding through the sky, dropping in altitude horizontally allowing the pilot to find a place to land. Even when I was still in school at age 16, we were up in a small cessna and my instructor completely killed the engine and we just glided there for a few minutes like a kite until he started it back up, it was probably one of the most liberating moments of my life. :p
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:15:46 AM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal