collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trolls movie and music  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
The Trolls movie and music
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »
Hi,

I'm not really interested in seeing the Trolls movie, but I heard the end credits version of "True Colors" and loved it.  :lovey: :lovey: I also enjoyed Poppy's short version of "The Sound of Silence" although I think it is one of those songs that you really need to see the visuals for to get the most out of it. 

What do you think of the movie or the music? or both?  :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Trolls movie and music
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 12:31:32 PM »
I thought it was pretty cute.  I wasn't expecting  much from it,  and it was certainly made for kids,  but Im always down to listen to JT sing and I thought the Simon and Garfunkel bit was pretty damn funny.  Probably lost on most kids. 

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 03:28:14 AM »
Just went and watched the trailers. This looks adorable. I hope they bring out toys; I love how colorful the trolls are.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:27:49 AM »
I'm usually all for kids movies, I usually go and see them in the theater, but this movie just isn't speaking to me... The designs of the characters I don't find cute. I think it's their mis-matched noses that don't match the rest of their face... and Guy Diamond being naked while the rest of them are clothed makes me go  :shocked:

The soundtrack sounds like it might be fun, though. Maybe I'll check that out.

Interestingly, Anna Kendrick (voice of Poppy) is doing a book signing for her new memoir near my house next week! I live in Maine and we very rarely get any celebrities here. Most of the USA forgets we exist. :P But unfortunately tickets to attend the book signing are $30 each and you're not allowed to ask her to sign anything but one copy of her memoir, so I don't think I'll go. I thought it would be fun to ask her to sign a Trolls book or a copy of Twilight or something, but seems like that wouldn't be allowed.

As a children's book writer, I always look for movie trailers to tell us what the story of the movie is going to be about. Plot is important to me. The trailers for Trolls have been so vague. I can tell the basics of the two characters (that Poppy is peppy and Branch is gloomy) and that they have to rescue the other trolls... but that's about all I can tell. But... [spoilers]

Spoiler
There's a shot in the trailer that shows Branch start to sing and turn from gray to bright blue and to me it just screams 'climax of the movie' so I'm mad they spoiled it in the trailer!  :mad:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 07:08:11 AM »
Spoiler
Wow. I just saw that trailer I'm surprised they included that because as you said that is a part of the climax and a big spoiler for the movie. 

Ponyfan

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 07:15:54 AM »
I saw the movie in french and i missed the actual songs in english. But i found the movie really refreshing and funny. I love that kind of movies ao for me it was really fun. And it made me think of all my G1's at home with their colors and hair  :lol:
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
Spoiler
Wow. I just saw that trailer I'm surprised they included that because as you said that is a part of the climax and a big spoiler for the movie. 

Ponyfan

If you inspect most children's movies,  or for that matter,  any movies,  they display a cut or a small clip from the major climax of the film. I noticed it several years ago when watching Disney and marvel films.  I'm not sure of the science behind it,  but climax clips are definitely shown in most movie trailers,  just slipped in inconspicuously

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 11:18:26 PM »
Just went and watched the trailers. This looks adorable. I hope they bring out toys; I love how colorful the trolls are.

There are lots of toys based on this movie. Hasbro is actually the ones making them and they are in stores right now.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 11:25:32 AM »
Spoiler

Ponyfan

If you inspect most children's movies,  or for that matter,  any movies,  they display a cut or a small clip from the major climax of the film. I noticed it several years ago when watching Disney and marvel films.  I'm not sure of the science behind it,  but climax clips are definitely shown in most movie trailers,  just slipped in inconspicuously

That's true, but I'm surprised that they chose to include that part that Dragonflitter mentioned as it seems to reveal a very important part of the plot.

I saw lots of Troll toys in the stores today.

Ponyfan

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 03:25:12 PM »
Omg yes soooooo much Trolls merch. It's EVERYwhere. Not just the toy aisle, it's in the kids clothes and the stuff up by the register and the stands in front of the store and stocking stuffer area... o.o It has taken over Target and Walmart!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 04:29:01 PM »
I'm interested in the movie, but not so much the merch. I'll have to see it at some point...but it might wait until it comes to Netflix or redbox.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal