collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus's!  (Read 7126 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus's!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »
Contrustive criticism: The claywork is good, though I notice you have a few rough spots - not-quite-smooth legs (moondancer look-alike) and nails marks/indentations where you don't want them (arm/shoulder of the orange one, and possibly some slight facial indents on the blue one; I can't tell if that's on purpose or not, since it seems to be on both sides). You're going to want to watch out for unwanted angles, as well; I'm seeing some where normally there wouldn't be any. It might be a good idea to use a cardboard curve or strait edge to compare your work to, so you don't have that issue. Some folks aren't picky about it, but there are others who might buy one then turn around and demand a discount because yadda-yadda-yadda.

That being said, these critters are adorable ! I think you have a great concept here, and the execution is wonderful! I'm not seeing any fingerprint marks, which is always a good thing in clay, and I've no idea how you got the hair to stay put. I'm loving how you already have different poses for the two raptors, the bright colors are fantastic, as is your general concept. So much want! :lovey:  I look forward to seeing what other poses for the Glamosauruses you come up with, and possible seeing what the other side looks like as well! Please post most photos once you have the cuties on them! :D :D :D

If you ever decide you want to make reproductions/a lot of them at one time withouth having to do all the forming work for each individual body by hand (like for selling at an art show, a convention, or for having more stock on etsy), you might want to peruse the products on smooth-on.com - I'm going to be using their Oomoo-30 this weekend to see how well clay works in it, as said molds are a bit squishy (in my experience), so I'm worried about deformation when the clay is pressed into it. You're supposed to be able to use them with no problem, though.

Edited because I cannot spell. :blush:

I believe shes been very busy casting these cuties in Resin :) I ordered a few and they look pretty awesome!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are a few small imperfections, but these guys are so cool it doesn't matter to me!

THOSE ARE SO ADORABLE.

What's your etsy, so I can check them out?

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline darcisan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Prehistoric Aroarasaur!!
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »
Lol!!  Thanks shelvesofwhimsy!!!  The link to my shop are under my icon click the earth!

I have an updated thread in the art section!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:21:04 AM by darcisan »

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2017, 07:37:19 AM »
If you ever decide you want to make reproductions/a lot of them at one time withouth having to do all the forming work for each individual body by hand (like for selling at an art show, a convention, or for having more stock on etsy), you might want to peruse the products on smooth-on.com - I'm going to be using their Oomoo-30 this weekend to see how well clay works in it, as said molds are a bit squishy (in my experience), so I'm worried about deformation when the clay is pressed into it. You're supposed to be able to use them with no problem, though.

I believe shes been very busy casting these cuties in Resin :) I ordered a few and they look pretty awesome!

There are a few small imperfections, but these guys are so cool it doesn't matter to me!
Oh my gosh - those are adorable! :O :D :lovey:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »
They're FANTASTIC!! Oh my gosh they rule!
I love how they look like they're in the MLP universe. You really captured that G1 aesthetic.

Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline darcisan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Prehistoric Aroarasaur!!
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 06:18:42 PM »
They're FANTASTIC!! Oh my gosh they rule!
I love how they look like they're in the MLP universe. You really captured that G1 aesthetic.

Thanks!  They are my two loves, mlp and dinosaurs!  I'm working on a triceratops now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal