collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus's!  (Read 7125 times)

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus's!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 04:30:36 PM »
Whaaa...    These are amazing!
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline darcisan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Prehistoric Aroarasaur!!
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 06:16:35 PM »
Whaaa...    These are amazing!

Thanks!  I seem to be getting some pretty positive feedback for them!  Going to make a couple more raptors this week!  Does anyone have any color combination suggestions? 

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »
*swoons*

So........CUTE! Reminds me a ton of Darlin' Dinos. Great job! I'd love to see more species and colors!!!
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey:

Offline darcisan

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 06:06:27 AM »
*swoons*

So........CUTE! Reminds me a ton of Darlin' Dinos. Great job! I'd love to see more species and colors!!!

I had never heard of them before now, I googled them and oh my....not the cutest,  why does everything dinosaur have to be shaped like a stuffed toy?  Why can't we have normal dinosaur shapes but cute?  I tried looking up to see if anyone had ever made something similar to mine and everything was cute/but not cute at all .

I love making them!  Let me know if there are any color combinations you'd like to see!

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 09:48:39 AM »
*swoons*

I had never heard of them before now, I googled them and oh my....not the cutest,  why does everything dinosaur have to be shaped like a stuffed toy?  Why can't we have normal dinosaur shapes but cute?  I tried looking up to see if anyone had ever made something similar to mine and everything was cute/but not cute at all .

I love making them!  Let me know if there are any color combinations you'd like to see!

I love 90s colors, bright neon pink and yellow together, maybe neon pink and green! Pastels are nice, too... :)

Also--going out on a limb here--but can you make your raptor feathery looking and then add the hair? It would be an interesting effect!
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey:

Offline darcisan

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »

I love 90s colors, bright neon pink and yellow together, maybe neon pink and green! Pastels are nice, too... :)

Also--going out on a limb here--but can you make your raptor feathery looking and then add the hair? It would be an interesting effect!

Ohhhhhh!!!!!!  Yes!!!!  That's a great idea!  I'll try that with my next one!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2016, 10:19:01 AM »
they are really cute! the eyes are especially charming!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2016, 01:42:21 PM »
Oh my I love these! I adore ponies and dinosaurs and you combine the two perfectly. I must own one of your creations xxx

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2016, 02:01:15 PM »
These are insanely cute! Ithink that only thing I have to say (as far as co trixie criticism) is that they could use more then one hair color. Not on all of them, but if the body is just one color, it could look nice.

I would have never thought of dinos! Have you ever thought about making different animals as well? Maybe insects? Perhaps a cute rodent?

These are just suggestions, but you have proved that you are talented enough to take the challenge!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline darcisan

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus\'s!
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2016, 06:49:50 PM »
Oh my I love these! I adore ponies and dinosaurs and you combine the two perfectly. I must own one of your creations xxx

I do have the two raptors for sale in my etsy, And I'm working on another Rex, but a different look to it. They are so much fun to make

Post Merge: December 14, 2016, 06:55:31 PM

These are insanely cute! Ithink that only thing I have to say (as far as co trixie criticism) is that they could use more then one hair color. Not on all of them, but if the body is just one color, it could look nice.

I would have never thought of dinos! Have you ever thought about making different animals as well? Maybe insects? Perhaps a cute rodent?

These are just suggestions, but you have proved that you are talented enough to take the challenge!

The green raptor actually has a streak of a lighter color in her hair and the trike has a lighter streak like moon dancer!  And the pink raptor has two toned green hair.  It's fun to mix and match the hair cause you get that old mlp feel to them.  I have a stegosaurus frame made up that I will eventually do too. 

I love suggestions!  Everything is worth trying once!  Taking advantage of my maternity leave.  Whole year of me and baby, so I have to find time in between his needs . 

Also I haven't styled the other Dino's hair yet.  Just left it unwashed or conditioned...  The orange Rex I did and love how cute and curly she ended up!  So much fun to make!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:55:31 PM by darcisan »

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 07:07:22 PM »
Im late to Tha party but i had to say
Girl this are gorgeous!
My favorite has to be the the triceratops! She has the sweetest face and cute look on her eyes
She has the exact ammount of detail they need to match a mlp
Also love how her hair looks lime a fancy forelock
I ahree that she would look brilliant with some twice as fancy simbols
Do you by any chance have plans on offering custom dinos? I have a pony character with a dino griend and would be fun to see them together
I think it seems that it has a slim body
I think that if you addes a chubbier tummy she would look even cuter but that is just an idea
Keep up the grate job
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline darcisan

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 04:35:43 AM »
Im late to Tha party but i had to say
Girl this are gorgeous!
My favorite has to be the the triceratops! She has the sweetest face and cute look on her eyes
She has the exact ammount of detail they need to match a mlp
Also love how her hair looks lime a fancy forelock
I ahree that she would look brilliant with some twice as fancy simbols
Do you by any chance have plans on offering custom dinos? I have a pony character with a dino griend and would be fun to see them together
I think it seems that it has a slim body
I think that if you addes a chubbier tummy she would look even cuter but that is just an idea
Keep up the grate job
Thanks!! I do do customs!  What Dino?  I've been working on resin Rex's that I posted in artwork. So I haven't had the opportunity to do hair!  So it would be fun to make another species!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
I am in looove with that raptor!!
But I really love them all honestly. These are so freaking amazing.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »
Contrustive criticism: The claywork is good, though I notice you have a few rough spots - not-quite-smooth legs (moondancer look-alike) and nails marks/indentations where you don't want them (arm/shoulder of the orange one, and possibly some slight facial indents on the blue one; I can't tell if that's on purpose or not, since it seems to be on both sides). You're going to want to watch out for unwanted angles, as well; I'm seeing some where normally there wouldn't be any. It might be a good idea to use a cardboard curve or strait edge to compare your work to, so you don't have that issue. Some folks aren't picky about it, but there are others who might buy one then turn around and demand a discount because yadda-yadda-yadda.

That being said, these critters are adorable ! I think you have a great concept here, and the execution is wonderful! I'm not seeing any fingerprint marks, which is always a good thing in clay, and I've no idea how you got the hair to stay put. I'm loving how you already have different poses for the two raptors, the bright colors are fantastic, as is your general concept. So much want! :lovey:  I look forward to seeing what other poses for the Glamosauruses you come up with, and possible seeing what the other side looks like as well! Please post most photos once you have the cuties on them! :D :D :D

If you ever decide you want to make reproductions/a lot of them at one time withouth having to do all the forming work for each individual body by hand (like for selling at an art show, a convention, or for having more stock on etsy), you might want to peruse the products on smooth-on.com - I'm going to be using their Oomoo-30 this weekend to see how well clay works in it, as said molds are a bit squishy (in my experience), so I'm worried about deformation when the clay is pressed into it. You're supposed to be able to use them with no problem, though.

Edited because I cannot spell. :blush:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »
Contrustive criticism: The claywork is good, though I notice you have a few rough spots - not-quite-smooth legs (moondancer look-alike) and nails marks/indentations where you don't want them (arm/shoulder of the orange one, and possibly some slight facial indents on the blue one; I can't tell if that's on purpose or not, since it seems to be on both sides). You're going to want to watch out for unwanted angles, as well; I'm seeing some where normally there wouldn't be any. It might be a good idea to use a cardboard curve or strait edge to compare your work to, so you don't have that issue. Some folks aren't picky about it, but there are others who might buy one then turn around and demand a discount because yadda-yadda-yadda.

That being said, these critters are adorable ! I think you have a great concept here, and the execution is wonderful! I'm not seeing any fingerprint marks, which is always a good thing in clay, and I've no idea how you got the hair to stay put. I'm loving how you already have different poses for the two raptors, the bright colors are fantastic, as is your general concept. So much want! :lovey:  I look forward to seeing what other poses for the Glamosauruses you come up with, and possible seeing what the other side looks like as well! Please post most photos once you have the cuties on them! :D :D :D

If you ever decide you want to make reproductions/a lot of them at one time withouth having to do all the forming work for each individual body by hand (like for selling at an art show, a convention, or for having more stock on etsy), you might want to peruse the products on smooth-on.com - I'm going to be using their Oomoo-30 this weekend to see how well clay works in it, as said molds are a bit squishy (in my experience), so I'm worried about deformation when the clay is pressed into it. You're supposed to be able to use them with no problem, though.

Edited because I cannot spell. :blush:

I believe shes been very busy casting these cuties in Resin :) I ordered a few and they look pretty awesome!

There are a few small imperfections, but these guys are so cool it doesn't matter to me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal