collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus's!  (Read 7159 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus's!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 08:31:01 PM »
The Hasbro style eyes are so cute! I love the rooted hair on the Raptor tail, and she is definitely my favorite. I don't really have much in the way of constructive feedback, but I wonder if a couple of more details on the body could bring them to life even more. Perhaps some scales, feathers, or patterns in a different color/shade than the base color? But really, they are awesome as is!

Sorry to piggy-back on your idea  :blush: but I reckon it would be such a cute idea to add detail using TAF symbols.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 09:02:30 PM »
The Hasbro style eyes are so cute! I love the rooted hair on the Raptor tail, and she is definitely my favorite. I don't really have much in the way of constructive feedback, but I wonder if a couple of more details on the body could bring them to life even more. Perhaps some scales, feathers, or patterns in a different color/shade than the base color? But really, they are awesome as is!

Sorry to piggy-back on your idea  :blush: but I reckon it would be such a cute idea to add detail using TAF symbols.

Ooo, now that is some nice piggy-backing. :lol: I love this idea!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 10:11:45 PM »
Yah me too!  I saw a couple people who had done it and asked, they drilled holes in their completed sculptures, but I simply poke holes with the eye of a needle carefully before baking.  Then when I root the hair in I fill the holes with glue and push the hair in with a smaller needle then the one I created them with.  The raptors hair holes were larger and I regret that decision.  The trex and triceratops were good to root though.  I was really happy with the product.  Now I have to perfect the glue part.  Since the heads are foil inside I think I will poke the holes all the way through for better rooting.

Wow, thankyou very much! I theorised it was something like that but wasn't 100% sure - thanks a bunch, you've really helped me! :lol:
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline darcisan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Prehistoric Aroarasaur!!
Re: Mlp friends, Glamoursaurus\'s!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 01:23:40 AM »

Ooo, now that is some nice piggy-backing. :lol: I love this idea!

Taf?  Yah the order of creation is trex, trike, raptor so I started to go more detail, but I think I'll put in more detail on the feet and hand next one.

Post Merge: November 12, 2016, 01:26:40 AM

Wow, thankyou very much! I theorised it was something like that but wasn't 100% sure - thanks a bunch, you've really helped me! :lol:

Np trying to get info from other artist can be frustrating... I understand they want to keep secrets sometimes but I'd rather let people know so they can have fun with it too!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:26:40 AM by darcisan »

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 06:36:14 AM »
These are amazing! :lovey:

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 08:21:08 AM »
So much love for these! You did an amazing job on all of them. Love their eyes and the rooted hair

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 08:25:40 PM »
I don't want to step on any toes but I found your Etsy and saw you were using Sculpey III. That's a really brittle, fragile, and low quality polymer clay unfortunately. There are much stronger brands out there for the same price or even less. Let me know if you want any info on them. I make dolls with polymer clay :)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 09:08:02 PM »
those are great! love the addition of hair! great poses and eyes

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 12:26:27 AM »
Oh MAN, super cute!! I love 'em!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline darcisan

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 01:11:13 AM »
I don't want to step on any toes but I found your Etsy and saw you were using Sculpey III. That's a really brittle, fragile, and low quality polymer clay unfortunately. There are much stronger brands out there for the same price or even less. Let me know if you want any info on them. I make dolls with polymer clay :)

I mixed it with sculpey premo accent to get s custom color, do you think that helps?  I am not a fan of sculpey III... It was so soft I had to be super careful not to loose my detail.  The other two are made just from premo mixed for custom color. I use to use super sculpey for my other sculptures and loved it,but I don't like painting the body, so I switched to premo. It's still softer but at least the details can withstand me manhandling them.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 01:22:52 AM »

I mixed it with sculpey premo accent to get s custom color, do you think that helps?  I am not a fan of sculpey III... It was so soft I had to be super careful not to loose my detail.  The other two are made just from premo mixed for custom color. I use to use super sculpey for my other sculptures and loved it,but I don't like painting the body, so I switched to premo. It's still softer but at least the details can withstand me manhandling them.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Mixing definitely helps strengthen it a bit so that was a good call. If you hate the softness there's a lot of other options that might work out better for you. I know some artists mix a bit of Super Sculpey into the Fimo/Premo they're using for added strength, so that could be an option too.

This is a great article that covers tons of brands. There's also this visual comparison of the strength of some popular brands that might also be helpful. Hopefully you can find the perfect brand for you! It took me a while but when Sculpey Souffle was released it was like everything changed and perfection was reached, haha. Its soft enough for me to use but still has a lot of strength.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 01:54:18 AM »
Soooooooo stinking cuuuuute! >o<

Offline darcisan

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 04:38:01 AM »
Really?? Soufflé is the best??  I did buy one pack of it, actually I think there is soufflé in the raptor, because I mixed three kinds. The soufflé green/blue, the shiny sculpey III and sculpey green premo accents.  I like to have the sparkly bodies on them all.  Thanks for the link, I'm still a bit new to sculpting. 

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 05:14:46 AM »
Really?? Soufflé is the best??  I did buy one pack of it, actually I think there is soufflé in the raptor, because I mixed three kinds. The soufflé green/blue, the shiny sculpey III and sculpey green premo accents.  I like to have the sparkly bodies on them all.  Thanks for the link, I'm still a bit new to sculpting. 

For my work, yes! I have extremely weak hands and the unique texture it has after curing is perfect for me. But its very very soft/squishy so probably not what you would like. If Premo is still too soft for you, you might like Fimo Professional (if you're not using Pro already), Premo/Fimo mixed with Super Sculpey, or Kato Polyclay.

I love the sparkles too! If you buy mica powder (like Pearl-Ex) and mix it into your clay you should be able to get a similar effect even if a brand you're using doesn't have a sparkle-filled color. Sparkley polymer clay is made with mica powder :3

The Blue Bottle Tree is a great resource for all things polymer clay. I've been sculpting for like eight year and I still learn so much from Ginger's site.

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »
These are absolutely adorable!  Great idea I want one :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal