collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone ever make a pony-themed quilt?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Anyone ever make a pony-themed quilt?
« on: November 10, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »
Not just a quilt with pony-print fabric, though that would be awesome, lol. I mean more like an art quilt, or a pony-inspired quilt. I'd love to see pics if anyone has.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Anyone ever make a pony-themed quilt?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
We recently did an Arena quilt as a collab project, with squares donated by members. There are some pics on p. 11, too bad Photobucket still seems to have issues so the pics of the finished quilt are not showing to me currently. It turned out beautifully!

I also remember a stunning quilt made by Sunset: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,366797.0.html

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 10:58:34 AM »
That IS an epic pony quilt!
I'm in the process of slowly working on a Pony Alphabet quilt, A is for Applejack, Z is for Zig-Zag. But it is slow going, especially with the other projects I've decided were more fun. But I've gotten a few squares done, and they're cute!
I also made a Heart Throb Quilt for last year's Valentine Meet- let's see if I can find a picture- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,375745.75.html  . 

What are you thinking of doing?
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:13:49 PM »
I haven't decided on what to make yet, but it won't be nearly as epic as that gorgeous thing up there, LOL. :worshippy: Probably more along the lines of a new art project bag, or a throw.
I have trouble finishing large projects, and to make matters worse, I'm prepping to move soon, so I don't have a lot of time.  I just want to use up some of my frankly ridiculous supply stash, and I prefer to make things that are functional too. (Yay for art you can cuddle, lol!)

I was hoping to get some inspiration from the the lovely talented people here, and hey that worked, so thanks! :)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 05:56:04 AM »
I would love to make a pony-themed quilt, but right now I have the holidays, a wedding gift, and a baby shower coming up! If anyone would be interested in a collaboration, challenge, or other pony quilt-related activity starting in early 2017, I'd be down to join.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal