collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Quackers thrift store find!  (Read 742 times)

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Quackers thrift store find!
« on: November 08, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »
hey guys! i decided to head down to my value village today after classes and had a wonderful find! I saw her hoof just poking out behind some other bags and instantly beelined for what i recognized as a g1 hoof. and for sure i was right! A lovely quackers, all for my own : )
she came in a big bag with several g3s, 1 g4, and a Huge fakie.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the whole bag was only 3.99!!
Her hair is VERY frizzy, an absolute mess. Her eyes are still iridescent, and her body is still very white, and still has her blush. However, she has a cancer spot on her right cheek and on her left leg, and probably some on her right hoof as well. I haven't opened her up to check but it appears that way to me. The blueish marker on her face came off instantly with a good scrub down.

even with her cancer/frizz, she is absolutely STUNNING and i love her so so much! she's a keeper for sure.
As for the rest of the bag:

Razaroo, toola roola I, rainbow dash III, and a regular g4 pinkie single. These g3's were well loved, they don't have any marks or rubs, their hair is still very silky (albeit a little frizzy) and still vibrant colors. Razaroo is such a darling! I love her colors. Everybody else is up for trades if anyone's interested. The pinkie has a discolored head, i'll probably gift her to my neice.
lastly a fakie alicorn. She has no markings on her hooves, but i recognize from her cutie mark that she is part of the family of the tiny g3 fakies often found at dollar stores.

I was absolutely MORTIFIED when i looked closer to her, i noticed she was riddled with what looked like smooze!! i was so shocked! But i quickly rushed her to my desk to try and scrub her off, and the nasty dirty marks came right off. I have no clue what they were, it had the appearence of smooze, and was completely covering her body. but it came off right away and she's back to normal, and it wasn't on the inside when i popped her head off. I will probably use her for a custom, her wings are so cute! and she's such a strange size.   
anyways, im so happy to have found these girls, thanks for looking! if you'd like any of the g3s, shoot a PM : )

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Quackers thrift store find!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 05:08:35 PM »
Congrats!!!  What a lovely find. She is a beautiful pony!
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 05:11:43 PM »
!!!!

That is so amazing! Quackers was one of the first TEs I fell in love with, but could never find her at a good price to condition ratio. Congrats on the find she's so pretty~

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »
big congrats!! i love everything about quackers; her rainbow hair, her eyes, and most of all, her cute little duckie marking! its terrific that you found her! :-D

and im sure you'll make something great with the alicorn! shes got such a unique look about her, she seems great for customizing!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 05:49:58 PM »
Gorgeous bunch! I love Quackers, Razzaroo and RD. Those unipeg fakies must be new, because I bought one quite recently, though her symbol is different and her hair is all pink. Yeah...mine had dirt on her right in the package too. Aren't they pretty fakies though? Hope to see more of those fakies, they'd be great for customs!

*pets Quackers and Razzaroo*

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:51:46 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:35:52 PM »
Awesome! Congrats! Quackers is a really great find. One of the best TE ponies in my opinion.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

cannibalism

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 07:26:37 PM »
!!!!

That is so amazing! Quackers was one of the first TEs I fell in love with, but could never find her at a good price to condition ratio. Congrats on the find she's so pretty~

ive always thought the TEs were nice but i never realised how pretty quackers is in person! Her colors are really unique and she is just darling.

Gorgeous bunch! I love Quackers, Razzaroo and RD. Those unipeg fakies must be new, because I bought one quite recently, though her symbol is different and her hair is all pink. Yeah...mine had dirt on her right in the package too. Aren't they pretty fakies though? Hope to see more of those fakies, they'd be great for customs!

*pets Quackers and Razzaroo*

the more i think of it, the more i believe i saw a fakie just like her at a dollar tree by my walmart. i was so shocked by the dirt on her, where could that have come from?! and she is very pretty (now that shes clean) and im looking forward to customizing her ; )

big congrats!! i love everything about quackers; her rainbow hair, her eyes, and most of all, her cute little duckie marking! its terrific that you found her! :-D

and im sure you'll make something great with the alicorn! shes got such a unique look about her, she seems great for customizing!

thank you! yes i am very excited to have found her. i was smiling the whole bus ride home.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
Nice find. Every time I go to my local flea market I always will just find one pony at a time. I haven't had the privilege of finding a whole bag full of goodies!!

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

cannibalism

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
Nice find. Every time I go to my local flea market I always will just find one pony at a time. I haven't had the privilege of finding a whole bag full of goodies!!

this is my SECOND g1 find at this value village, in only two months time. i'm so surprised, every time i go there i find a nice new bag of ponies! i havent had any luck at my flea market though.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 07:57:43 PM »
Great find!  And she looks like she'll scrub up wonderfully.  Good spotting :frolic:

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 10:56:26 PM »
Why are people in the US so lucky?

That would never happen in the NL...

I want her so badly...She and Masquarade are the only Twinkle Eyed I actually like. :stressed:

Huge congrats!
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 11:28:52 PM »
Congrats on your finding, you are really lucky with it.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

cannibalism

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 12:08:03 AM »

updated photos!! i gave her a good bath and a thurough scrub down. decided not to ruin her glue and open her up, as im 99% certain she's got cancer, there's no need to open her up. Also her head is slightly too small for her body..

i bathed her and combed her hair, and her mane came out nice but there was no fixing her tail. so i just tied up the end with a bow and now she's got a nice psudeo purfume puff :' )

also i noticed that her blush seems to be over drawn? it extends to part of her neck, those silly factory defects! Also, a surprise chew on her ear! the tip of her left ear has a small cut, like someone tried to chew her ear tip off.

Why are people in the US so lucky?

That would never happen in the NL...

she's a canadian find, thank you very much! ; )

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 09:00:14 AM »
Quackers is my favouritest G1 ever!!!!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »
She cleaned up so nice, the poofy tail gives her character~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal