collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: pony mail!!  (Read 586 times)

theamazingfetus

• Trade Count: (0)
pony mail!!
« on: November 07, 2016, 11:59:19 AM »
Got a lot of g3s on ebay. :D The seller said they were mint but most of them have rather uh.... cray cray hair. lol. Oh well, I really enjoy styling pony hair so bring it on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I bought these mostly to customize but I'm not good at telling what ponies are rare and what aren't.

If anyone sees any rare ponies that I shouldn't take some paint to, please tell me!!! I don't want to step on any toes or ruin any htf ponies.

award for the craziest hair goes to....

here are some arena/ebay purchases.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: pony mail!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 12:14:51 PM »
What a cool bunch of G3 ponies.  It shouldn't take too much work to tame their hair - at least it is still lovely and shiny.  Congrats on your new additions :D

theamazingfetus

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »
What a cool bunch of G3 ponies.  It shouldn't take too much work to tame their hair - at least it is still lovely and shiny.  Congrats on your new additions :D

Yeah, it should be fun, I just don't like it when people are all "in mint condition" and then you get a pony with frizz everywhere. Like I've sen ponies from the 80's with neater hair. XD

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 01:00:01 PM »
Awesome lot! That looks so exciting! I'm sure they will clean up beautifully :) as for customising, I wouldn't use the white pony with skis,yellow jewel pony with red hair and the pink pony with red and pink hair. I'd get some opinions from others too though, as I'm not too knowledgable, I just think these are more popular g3s as two are winter series and the other is a mail order (unsure if they are considered 'rare' however)
Congrats on your ponies
Mlp sunsparkle :)

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »
Well if you guys remember G3's hair was quite frizzy right out of the box on many of the ponies.  At least that was the case for what I bought.  I think your lot is wonderful and will bring you hours of spa fun which is one of my favorite things to do.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
Dawww, what a cutie Heartthrob is, she's one of my favorites. Have a blast styling all those ponies! ^_^
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

theamazingfetus

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »
Awesome lot! That looks so exciting! I'm sure they will clean up beautifully :) as for customising, I wouldn't use the white pony with skis,yellow jewel pony with red hair and the pink pony with red and pink hair. I'd get some opinions from others too though, as I'm not too knowledgable, I just think these are more popular g3s as two are winter series and the other is a mail order (unsure if they are considered 'rare' however)
Congrats on your ponies
Mlp sunsparkle :)

Thankyou! :) I will check further into id'ing those ones before I break out the paint kit. :P

@tulagirl
spa days are fun days. it's so therapuetic.

@raspberry brullee
thankyou. :D i plan on it!!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 04:50:44 PM »
Honestly, I really cringe at the idea of anyone who isn't Core 7 being customized, just because there are comparably much less of them in circulation, and their numbers are only going to keep declining since they're no longer in production. They all look in amazing condition - almost mint, if not better. Remember they're getting to be quite old (many are over 10 years old now!), so their hair being a little mussed or frizzy is to be expected at this point if you aren't getting them straight from another collector.

Anyway, congrats! Looks like a lovely box of ponies.  ^.^

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

theamazingfetus

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 05:12:30 PM »
Honestly, I really cringe at the idea of anyone who isn't Core 7 being customized, just because there are comparably much less of them in circulation, and their numbers are only going to keep declining since they're no longer in production. They all look in amazing condition - almost mint, if not better. Remember they're getting to be quite old (many are over 10 years old now!), so their hair being a little mussed or frizzy is to be expected at this point if you aren't getting them straight from another collector.

Sorry to make you cringe! :D I promise they're in good hands. I'm not customizing *all* of them, ha ha.

Yes well, the seller had described them as only been displayed, not played with. ah, oh well, pony spa days are fun days!!!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 05:26:33 PM »
Spoiler

Sorry to make you cringe! :D I promise they're in good hands. I'm not customizing *all* of them, ha ha.

Yes well, the seller had described them as only been displayed, not played with. ah, oh well, pony spa days are fun days!!!

Oh my! haha well maybe they put them directly from packaging to display without fixing their hair first - that Sweetie Belle especially looks like a case of pretty intense box-hair!  Either way, have fun with the spa day!  ^.^

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 07:52:15 PM »
I love having a good spa day, and they look like they'll clean up amazingly (whichever ones you decide not to customise :silly: hehe)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal