collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any recommendations for a good Albertan/Canadian cell phone provider?  (Read 333 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
My old flip phone/dumbphone is about to be rendered a paperweight by Bell. The technology used by my phone isn't in much use anymore since everyone and their brother has upgraded to the newer version. (Something about a SIM card or other technobabble that went over my head).

So they'll shut it down in January and I won't be able to call, text, etc with my current cell.

I will be getting a new phone in the next couple months, but I'm not sure I want to stick with Bell Mobility. They charge me 15 cents for every text I send and receive.  I'm also not all that hot about Telus. It's too bad that Shaw doesn't do cell phones, since we're with them for everything else.

Does anyone have any recommendations for service providers here in Alberta? :) Thanks in advance for your input.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Any recommendations for a good Albertan/Canadian cell phone provider?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:46:12 AM »
We almost switched from TELUS when they started publically announcing their support for the carbon tax.  But none of the other providers were voicing their opinions, so we couldn't be sure where to take our business...  in the end, we just stuck with TELUS. 

My workphone is from Bell... it's an Android LG3... it's a new and shiny phone with a billion features I don't understand but it works!

I am afraid I don't know too much about the smaller carriers but they depend on the big guys so you might as well investigate their packages. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal