collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on Sunstone  (Read 2727 times)

Online pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: PC on Sunstone
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 05:42:53 AM »
I like her flaw as well :) but it might not appeal to all collectors (along with the head and body mismatch) which is why I have priced her at $300. I would not accept any less for her, but if you accept offers on her she may go for more.

Sunstone usually sells for between $250-400 :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 06:04:30 AM »
I have to admit my bias if I found the pony's neck seam loose and having a head/body mismatch I would suspect she was a franken-pony using italian moonstone and sunbeam

I thought the hallmark of a sunstone was the lighter body color - like she was supposed to be a factory walking pose moonstone but got a sunbeam stamp instead ... but dunno if she was regular production and not a factory error. 

If she was an actual produced pony (like magenta blossom, applescotch, etc.) that would make sense there are plenty out there

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
I had rainbow-haired Sunbeam years ago and I don't remember her having a head-body mismatch.  She was definitely sky blue like Sunbeam, not powder blue like Moonstone.  I'll see if I can find my old pictures of her.

I thought the hallmark of a sunstone was the lighter body color - like she was supposed to be a factory walking pose moonstone but got a sunbeam stamp instead ... but dunno if she was regular production and not a factory error. 

She is a Sunbeam rooted with rainbow hair, so it's the hair that is "wrong" (or a variant).  :)  The body and the stamp are both Sunbeam's.

Edit:

So I dug out my old pictures of Sunbeam.

I did compare her body color to Moonstone and Sunbeam back then, and she was Sunbeam's color.  No head-body mismatch. 

I am confident the one I had was "real" as I got her waaay back in the early days of MLP collecting (like late 90s) and neither I nor the seller realized she was rare. I think I traded two regular Surprises for her, and I thought I was getting Moonstone because she was described as "blue Italy unicorn with rainbow hair", lol.  (Ahhh, the days when people traded without pictures because no one had a digital camera.  Now that was a gamble every time, lol.)

Has anyone personally found a head-body mismatched Sunbeam "in the wild"?  As in, "I just got this from the flea market", not "I bought it from someone who SAID they found it at the flea market"?   To be honest I think the mismatched ones are not legitimate.  :/  Sorry to be a negative nancy, but that would be a really easy scam to pull . . . switch in the head and tail from a Moonstone and glue down the head.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:32:45 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 12:07:11 PM »
That's indeed the reason I asked. Although the colours of her hair seem to be slightly different than Moonstone.... that could be the difference between a fake and real one?
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal