collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hatchimals! How can we tell who's inside before we buy?  (Read 23374 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchimals! How can we tell who's inside before we buy?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »
Apparently Toys R Us sells three different types you can't find at other chains. One is a unicorn owl..

I was telling my mom about these and she told me about a toy I had as a kid called a WuvLuv which you played with and it eventually gave birth to an egg with a baby inside.

Do They?  I know TRU have the Owlicorn exclusive at least.  An owl with a unicorn horn.  They have a cute owl tail and pretty colors.  Not crazy about the horn on a bird though.
   And Walmart has an exclusive Burtle, I think it's called, that has like butterfly looking antenna and a turtle shell on its back, which didn't make sense to me since turtle's don't have antenna.  From the front it looks like a butterfly but then you watch youtube and see the turtle shell on back. Odd... pretty colors though.
   And Target has an exclusive Bearikeat.  Black or white in color and looks like it has kind of like a peacock tail on back, but not quite as big.  Very pretty and cute tail!  Makes me want one.    I loved furbies when I was younger.  I guess that's why I like these guys so much.

It's called a Burtle because it's a cross between a BUtterfly and a tuRTLE so that's why it has a turtle shell and butterfly antennas. All the exclusives at least are a combination of 2 animals. The TRU one is an OWL/unICORN and the Target one is a BEAR/parAKEET. I'm not sure if the Draggles and Pengulas are supposed to be a mix since while I can figure out the DRAGon and PENGUin part I can't figure out what the "gles" and "las" parts are supposed to be.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:38:20 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »
Oh ok!  I had caught the Owl icorn and the Bear akeet.  With a mix of the other 2 animals being birds, an owl and a parakeet, I thought they were going with a bird egg theme and thought that the other was bird mix too.  So I was thinking the Burtle was a cross between just a 'B'ird and a T'urtle'.  Since they were using a butterfly element, it's to bad that they didn't give that one slightly bigger, more decorative wings.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:13:47 AM by Gypsy_Nights »
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »
Oh ok!  I had caught the Owl icorn and the Bear akeet.  With a mix of the other 2 animals being birds, an owl and a parakeet, I thought they were going with a bird egg theme and thought that the other was bird mix too.  So I was thinking the Burtle was a cross between just a 'B'ird and a T'urtle'.  Since they were using a butterfly element, it's to bad that they didn't give that one slightly bigger, more decorative wings.

Dragons aren't birds and turtles also come from eggs. (So do Butterflies technically but it's a little more complicated for them)

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »
Yes, I know.  I should have said, "bird theme with the exclusives".
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:17:30 PM by Gypsy_Nights »

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 12:31:12 PM »
Apparently Toys R Us sells three different types you can't find at other chains. One is a unicorn owl..

I was telling my mom about these and she told me about a toy I had as a kid called a WuvLuv which you played with and it eventually gave birth to an egg with a baby inside.

WuvLuvs were the greatest weirdest toys ever! We had one too haha

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 02:34:37 PM »
I wonder if there will be any Kmart or Amazon exclusives. I think a Peacat would be a great idea because it combines peacocks which are my favorite birds after owls and cats which are my absolute favorite animal.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:44:04 PM by Wardah »

Av by Moonflower.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 04:01:27 PM »
I wonder if there will be any Kmart or Amazon exclusives. I think a Peacat would be a great idea because it combines peacocks which are my favorite birds after owls and cats which are my absolute favorite animal.

Right now as far as I know there is only the TRU exclusive. I'm sure if they do really well they'll probably expand the line to include more animal hybrids :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
I read that the draggle is part dragon/eagle and the pengulas are penguins/koala. The owlicorn is growing on me but I won't pay the outrageous prices that some people are selling these for.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:50:58 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »
These are sort of cute but not something I'm interested in collecting - I also avoided Furbies, to be fair.  I think the last electronic/stuffed animal toy I was really into was Teddy Ruxpin.  :D

But I'll admit, it's a cool idea.  Good luck to the people who are hunting for them.  :)

Is that what those were called?  I occasionally run into (non-working) WuvLuvs at the thrift store but I had no idea what they were.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchimals! How can we tell who\\\'s inside before we buy?
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 05:58:30 PM »

I had to google pics of WuvLuvs, cause I had no idea what they were.  I can't remember ever seeing these when I was younger.  They are kinda cute.  Do their eyes and mouth move?

Post Merge: November 03, 2016, 05:59:58 PM

That would be a cool combination!  I think they will make a new line of these with how well they are doing at the moment.  And I bet they will do a peacock hybrid with something eventually.

Post Merge: November 03, 2016, 06:04:46 PM

I read that the draggle is part dragon/eagle and the pengulas are penguins/koala. The owlicorn is growing on me but I won't pay the outrageous prices that some people are selling these for.

Ponyfan
Those are interesting combos.  Not sure I see it though.  The name combinations make sense.  I want the light purple owlicorn.  Probably won't be able to get the exclusives until after Christmas though, with all the hype they've attracted at the moment.  And wait for another sale
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:04:46 PM by Gypsy_Nights »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 06:49:15 PM »
Robot Wuzzles!  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 10:29:04 PM »
Here's the code for our blue Draggle

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal