collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hatchimals! How can we tell who's inside before we buy?  (Read 23380 times)

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Hatchimals! How can we tell who's inside before we buy?
« on: November 02, 2016, 10:52:02 AM »
So is anyone else gone Hatchimal crazy?  I didn't know what these were until the weekend before last, when I was toy shopping with my kids.  And of course, when I finally decided I wanted one they all started disappearing!  Yesterday I managed to get my daughter and I one each.  Still need to get my hands on a draggle for my son.  They will be Christmas gifts for my kids but, I'm horrible, I didn't want to wait that long to open one myself so I'm opening mine on Saturday when I will be with my sister so she can watch too and I'm not letting my kids watch so it will still be a Christmas surprise for them to open their own for the first time.

Anyway so I was searching all over to try to see if anyone had found a code on the outside of the box so you could tell who is actually inside before you buy them.  Like they have with the blind bags.  Didn't find anything on the internet.  Has anyone else found any info like that online?

I did happen to see an "impression stamp" number pressed into the cardboard below the barcode.  (a pressed in number (not with ink) just like they have on the blind bags)  So I flipped over 5 boxes of the same color pengualas to look at all these numbers to see if they were all the same or if any were different.  4 were the same and one was different!!  So my collector instinct told me to go with the different number so that is the one I got.  Anyway I got the Teal/Pink speckled egg penguala and the pressed number on it below the barcode was : 60701AWS     That is the one I will be opening on Saturday.

Anyway, has anyone else opened any of these and still have the packaging so we can compare the "pressed in" numbers below the barcode and see if they are in fact codes to see which hatchimal is inside?  If you do tell us which color hatchimal you ended up with and what the code is below your barcode so we can get a list going.   ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yay!  Photobucket's working for me now.  Here's the pics.  I'm hoping that the we can get enough codes from what everyone opens to figure out who's in the boxes before we buy.  (That is, if that is what the imprinted number is below the bar codes.  I'm assuming it is but I could be wrong.  If we find 3 different codes to the same "color scheme" set, within the same country, then I guess it's some other kind of code.)

I almost can not wait to open her until Saturday! but my sis wants to see....  so I guess I will wait.  I kinda want the teal and lime green? one more than the pink and teal but I like them both enough to be happy with either.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:12:04 PM by Gypsy_Nights »
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
Re: Hatchimals! How can we tell who's inside before we buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »
I saw some people fighting over these in the store earlier. I am not too interested in them. Maybe check reddit for more numbers/updates? Good luck!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 11:36:02 AM »
I want one really bad, but I dont really wanna pay $60 for them xD so Ill just watch people opening them on Ytube, sorry I cant help with the numbers though. but good luck!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
These are so cute... I kinda want one, but I kinda don't. It's so cute, but so expensive for something I'll probably get bored with pretty quickly.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 11:42:08 AM »
One of my friends bought the Owl/Unicorn one and it is pretty adorable! I won't be getting one myself (since I don't think I want to nurture another furby toy XD) But I still think they're pretty cute!

I cant wait to see pics of who you got!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 11:57:09 AM »
I am moving this to the Toy Box, since it about toys.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchimals! How can we tell who\\\\\\\'s inside before we buy?
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »
I saw some people fighting over these in the store earlier. I am not too interested in them. Maybe check reddit for more numbers/updates? Good luck!
That's horrible people are fighting over them already!  Christmas is still 2 months away!  I hate that people can get like that when they feel desperate.
 There's over 3,000 hatchimals searches on eBay already too! That's  Ridiculous!! I hate when people try to profit off kids Christmas toys!
I wasn't to interested in them at first either but then my kids wanted one and I got curious & YouTubed it. I loved furbies when they first came out when I was a kid & these are so cute so I started wanting one too.
Checked Reddit. Thanks! Didn't see anything about codes to figure out who's inside though

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 12:01:56 PM

Thanks Kiwi!  I wasn't sure where to post this.

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 12:03:55 PM

I want one really bad, but I dont really wanna pay $60 for them xD so Ill just watch people opening them on Ytube, sorry I cant help with the numbers though. but good luck!
They are on sale at Target right now for $50 and Target has a coupon for 20% off all toys right now so I stacked that on top of the $50 sale and got the 2 we got for $40 each.  I didn't think that was to bad. 

When I finally find the draggle for my son though I'll probably have to pay full price

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 12:07:57 PM

Our Target happened to get in a big shipment on Monday but the draggles all sold out before I got there the next morning!  I was only an hour late to the store opening.   :(   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:07:57 PM by Gypsy_Nights »

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 02:01:57 PM »
I've been hearing all about these things since I started working at TRU again. Its the new craze this year, I've had people calling all day today about them. Sold out completely, I'm surprised how nasty people get when you tell them its gone/we cant hold it.

But from what I understand they hatch on their own. You can teach them to talk, walk, and other things. The Furby all over again XD

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchimals! How can we tell who\\\\\\\'s inside before we buy?
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »
That's horrible people are fighting over them already!  Christmas is still 2 months away!  I hate that people can get like that when they feel desperate.
 There's over 3,000 hatchimals searches on eBay already too! That's  Ridiculous!! I hate when people try to profit off kids Christmas toys!
I wasn't to interested in them at first either but then my kids wanted one and I got curious & YouTubed it. I loved furbies when they first came out when I was a kid & these are so cute so I started wanting one too.
Checked Reddit. Thanks! Didn't see anything about codes to figure out who's inside though

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 12:01:56 PM

Thanks Kiwi!  I wasn't sure where to post this.

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 12:03:55 PM

They are on sale at Target right now for $50 and Target has a coupon for 20% off all toys right now so I stacked that on top of the $50 sale and got the 2 we got for $40 each.  I didn't think that was to bad. 

When I finally find the draggle for my son though I'll probably have to pay full price

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 12:07:57 PM

Our Target happened to get in a big shipment on Monday but the draggles all sold out before I got there the next morning!  I was only an hour late to the store opening.   :(

Unfortunately, it seems these got the "OMG HOTTEST CHRISTMAS TOY. MUST HAVE" label slapped on them, which means the scalpers swooped in on them like vultures. I've been hearing that people have been buying up to 20 of them at a time or simply asking for all the store has as soon as they get a shipment. :/ I really support "one per person" rules when it comes to these things. But even that is unfair to households with more than one child, I suppose.

These look like a neat toy, but I'll definitely be waiting until after the holidays to check them out.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »
I saw a couple of magazines mentioning  Hatchimals  at a top toy for Christmas but I don't think I've seen one in the stores.   I just saw a video of them on YouTube. They look really cute.

I think it's sad when people buy all of the most wanted toys to resell and then people who are trying to buy these for their children can't find them in the stores. I also think it is sad that people are fighting over these, but it usually happens when it is the must have toy of the season. I remember when Tickle Me Elmo came out there was a report that someone had actually threatened  two other shoppers with a gun because the other two shoppers had got the last two Tickle Me Elmos that the store had.

I remember wanting a Furby the year they came out but they were so hard to find. I think I got a Baby Furby in the spring when the craze had died down a little. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchimals! How can we tell who\'s inside before we buy?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 02:51:40 PM »
Unfortunately, it seems these got the "OMG HOTTEST CHRISTMAS TOY. MUST HAVE" label slapped on them, which means the scalpers swooped in on them like vultures. I've been hearing that people have been buying up to 20 of them at a time or simply asking for all the store has as soon as they get a shipment. :/ I really support "one per person" rules when it comes to these things. But even that is unfair to households with more than one child, I suppose.

These look like a neat toy, but I'll definitely be waiting until after the holidays to check them out.
Yeah, I was going to wait for one for myself until after the holidays too but at $40 each after the discounts I got I couldn't pass it up.

And yeah I agree with the "one per customer" rule.  I was thinking that way even with a person with more children there still might be a better bet to come and get more later.

My Target sales associate said that a whole bunch of Draggles had sold out that morning.  And he had mentioned holding for people. But later when I got home the draggles still shown to be "in stock" online, at my Target.  And 2 days later it still says "in stock".  But they say they don't have any.  It makes me wonder if they have some on hold for other people that haven't even shown up.  Of course, it could just be their system being quirky or something too.  I used to work at the Walmart toy department so I know how those things can actually be quirky.

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 03:08:07 PM

I've been hearing all about these things since I started working at TRU again. Its the new craze this year, I've had people calling all day today about them. Sold out completely, I'm surprised how nasty people get when you tell them its gone/we cant hold it.

But from what I understand they hatch on their own. You can teach them to talk, walk, and other things. The Furby all over again XD

Yeah, I used to work in the Walmart toy department and we weren't allowed to hold toys for anyone either.  Which in a way I agree with.  Or even better maybe a rule where you can only hold one for that day only and if they didn't get there by the end of the day it should go back on the shelf.

I'm sorry people get nasty with you.  It's not your fault if you don't have anymore.  I don't get angry but I'm more of the annoying type.... because I call in the mornings to some stores.  :lookround:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:08:07 PM by Gypsy_Nights »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 09:06:17 PM »
Each egg has one of two different ones. Which ones they are is right on the front.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 09:30:21 PM »
I really want a Draggle, but I can't justify the price for a toy I would probably play with for a few days and wouldn't seem like a collectable to me on my shelf afterwards.

It's interesting that you discovered a different code. Let us know what pops out and prehaps some other buyers her can confirm what the code might mean for what's inside.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 09:39:52 PM »
Apparently Toys R Us sells three different types you can't find at other chains. One is a unicorn owl..

I was telling my mom about these and she told me about a toy I had as a kid called a WuvLuv which you played with and it eventually gave birth to an egg with a baby inside.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchimals! How can we tell who\\\'s inside before we buy?
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 07:30:31 AM »
Each egg has one of two different ones. Which ones they are is right on the front.

Yes, I know.  It would just be nice to know which one so if there is one you really don't want of the 2 you don't shell out the cash only to be disappointed.  Like, I'd love to have the purple owlicorn but I Really Don't want the pink one.  And I'd imagine they wouldn't resell easily after hatching.

Post Merge: November 03, 2016, 07:38:40 AM

I really want a Draggle, but I can't justify the price for a toy I would probably play with for a few days and wouldn't seem like a collectable to me on my shelf afterwards.

It's interesting that you discovered a different code. Let us know what pops out and prehaps some other buyers her can confirm what the code might mean for what's inside.

Target has them on sale right now for $50 and they also have a coupon you can get for 20% off all toys so I stacked it on top of the $50 sale and got ours for only $40.  To get the 20% off coupon find the weekly ad booklet at the front of the store and text KIDSGIFTS to  827438  (the number equivalent of Target) and they will send you a link to a mobile coupon you can use at checkout.  Coupon expires on the 5th I think.

I thought about "what if I got bored with mine" as well, but my kids could always play with it with the 2 I get them for Christmas.  My daughter's & mine are different color sets so they will at least be different colors.

Post Merge: November 03, 2016, 07:47:40 AM

Apparently Toys R Us sells three different types you can't find at other chains. One is a unicorn owl..

I was telling my mom about these and she told me about a toy I had as a kid called a WuvLuv which you played with and it eventually gave birth to an egg with a baby inside.

Do They?  I know TRU have the Owlicorn exclusive at least.  An owl with a unicorn horn.  They have a cute owl tail and pretty colors.  Not crazy about the horn on a bird though.
   And Walmart has an exclusive Burtle, I think it's called, that has like butterfly looking antenna and a turtle shell on its back, which didn't make sense to me since turtle's don't have antenna.  From the front it looks like a butterfly but then you watch youtube and see the turtle shell on back. Odd... pretty colors though.
   And Target has an exclusive Bearikeat.  Black or white in color and looks like it has kind of like a peacock tail on back, but not quite as big.  Very pretty and cute tail!  Makes me want one.    I loved furbies when I was younger.  I guess that's why I like these guys so much.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:49:23 AM by Gypsy_Nights »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal