Creativity > Arts & Crafts Corral

your very own Hogwarts Express

(1/3) > >>

Kiwi:
This year I took the plunge and joined the Desert Bus craft-a-long (more details in my Off Topic thread about DB), with one of my plastic canvas Hogwarts Express trains. Nearly 3 feet long! This thing took about 80 hours to stitch and assemble (that's not including the time spent on designing all of the patterns). All made of plastic canvas and yarn.

It'll be part of DB's silent auction (https://desertbus.org/silent-auction/39) - exact date still to be posted (I'll updated once details are up). I'm nervous and excited to see how much it'll go for! Plus it might help bring in some exposure to my Etsy shop. :)

This is a revised pattern from my first Hogwarts Express, but very similar. The engine is a tissue box cover, the coal bin is a candy dish/napkin holder/etc, and the passenger car lifts off to reveal a 3-compartment storage area.

On to pics!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Original train (and coasters):

Griffin:
Wow, that looks amazing! :dropjaw: Love the napkin holder idea!

pinkkittywinks:
That is amazing :) your stitching is so neat.

How long did it take you to make?

Love pkw xxx

Mkia:
Omg that is so cool!!!! Great job!

Tulips:
Wow, that is gorgeous! It looks so lush, and I love that you left the plastic mesh exposed for the windows, such a neat idea.

I never even thought stuff like this was possible, but now I want to try it! :biggrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version