collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: i need suggestions for what kind of base to use!  (Read 559 times)

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
i need suggestions for what kind of base to use!
« on: October 28, 2016, 08:40:16 PM »
i was sitting and tending to some of my ponies, and my mom noticed. she looked at me thoughtfully and said, "you should have an autograph pony for your friends to sign!"

im at the stage in my life when my friends and i are beginning to move out into the world, and i really like the idea of having a pony for them to sign, just as a nice memento! :'-)

so, i was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations for what kind of base i should use!

i'm already sure it would have to be a white/light colored pony so the writing would show up easily

my favorite generation is G1; but would it be sacrilegious to repurpose a G1 for this? of course i wouldnt use one in mint condition/one thats rare, but i wanted to check peoples feelings

i also know theres that G3 blank pony (which is actually already on my wishlist!) thats MEANT to be customized, but again, i wanted to make sure its not a very scarce pony before making any plans

last question; does anyone have any experience with pen/marker stains on ponies? of course, i want the writing to stick, but do certain brands like sharpie diffuse into the plastic? i'm planning on keeping this pony for a very long time, and i would be disappointed if the signatures bled together and became illegible

thank you all for any input you can give!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: i need suggestions for what kind of base to use!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »
I had Andrea Libman sign a G4 Zilla Futtershy, and on her, the Sharpie looks great. It's only been a year, but there has been no issues with bleeding. I can't really provide good guidance other ponies and gens though. I think larger ponies work best for signatures. I have seen signed G4 brushables, and they don't look as good and even have some bleeding.

I bet some people who got their Fizzys signed this year might be able to give some feedback on G1. I think I saw one that looked really nice.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:50:44 PM »
the g3 custom pony is still being made, you can buy it on the hasbro website! that would be a great idea. Or perhaps you could use a g1 bait, thats already messed up, and maybe give her a new mane/tail to match the signatures?

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »
I had Andrea Libman sign a G4 Zilla Futtershy, and on her, the Sharpie looks great. It's only been a year, but there has been no issues with bleeding. I can't really provide good guidance other ponies and gens though. I think larger ponies work best for signatures. I have seen signed G4 brushables, and they don't look as good and even have some bleeding.

I bet some people who got their Fizzys signed this year might be able to give some feedback on G1. I think I saw one that looked really nice.

jumbo ponies are a really good idea! i'll have to look through some and see if any catch my eye!

the g3 custom pony is still being made, you can buy it on the hasbro website! that would be a great idea. Or perhaps you could use a g1 bait, thats already messed up, and maybe give her a new mane/tail to match the signatures?

omg i honestly had no idea hasbro was still selling them! :'-O thank u for the info
i like the idea of freshening up an old g1 too!

Offline MangleCrafter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • One word: Firefly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 04:20:21 AM »
A g4 fashion style pony would be nice! Or maybe a funko figure.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:09:54 PM »
You could go with a G3 Styling Size.  I think one of them was a white pegasus that changed color with hot/cold water.  You might have to remove that to have it completely white or maybe leave it and see it that keeps the marker from bleeding.  I don't know if anyone's tried that before.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »
I too thought of the Styling size G3 Starcatcher, though I am not sure how the color changing layer would react to sharpie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal