collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: shipping to US address on ebay question?  (Read 980 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
shipping to US address on ebay question?
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »
I have a new question: a buyer from Korea won two of my auctions and wants me to send to US zip code for combining shipping. They use a US agent. This address is on ebay as the ship to address so I assume it will be the same in paypal once they have paid me. Has anyone else who sells through ebay done shipping like this? I notice many international buyers use a US box for cheaper shipping.

I sold a lot on ebay and soon got a message from the winner saying they had bought another lot  that  they thought was mine as well to save on combined shipping and asked if I could just offer to the second bidder. I messaged I understood as I know mistakes happen but do I have to get an okay from ebay first or can I go ahead and offer to next bidder? I haven't offered a second chance offer in years. I'm also kind of worried the second buyer may think it's shill bidding if I offer so quickly.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:47:27 PM by plushroo »

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Offering item to second bidder on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 07:34:07 AM »
I would cancel the transaction with the original buyer first. You should be able to initiate it & select "buyer requested to cancel". The buyer will be notified & should agree to it through eBay. After it's officially no longer hers, then you are free to offer to the second bidder without any chance of reprocussion through eBay. ;) You will also get your fees back until it's officially sold again.

Offline plushroo

• princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: shipping to US address on ebay question?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 04:09:16 PM »
New ebay question.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 05:17:35 PM »
I have done this. It's perfectly fine as long as you send to the address that is provided to you. That way you won't compromise your seller protection. I think a lot of international buyers are doing this. It's kind of like the GSP but a lot better.

Offline plushroo

• princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 06:35:36 PM »
That's what I thought. It makes sense so the buyer will save on shipping. It makes things easier for me as well. Thanks bluerose!

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
Yep, I've had lots of Asian buyers do this with my pony auctions lately :)  From what I can tell, as long as you ship to the address specified in with their payment, (even if it's a third party agent) you are protected.  It's when they ask you to manually mail to a different address than the payment when you can get in trouble. :)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 05:51:24 AM »
I have a new question: a buyer from Korea won two of my auctions and wants me to send to US zip code for combining shipping. They use a US agent. This address is on ebay as the ship to address so I assume it will be the same in paypal once they have paid me. Has anyone else who sells through ebay done shipping like this? I notice many international buyers use a US box for cheaper shipping.

Yes, I agree with what everyone has already posted: this is totally fine & fairly common for buyers in a few Asian countries. I've shipped many times to forwarding locations/middleman services for Asian buyers, and it's always been a totally smooth transaction.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal