collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tracking says delivered... But it wasn't.  (Read 725 times)

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Tracking says delivered... But it wasn't.
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am in need of advice on what to do with a purchase I made on ebay.  I bought some doll wigs from china, and tracking says they were delivered last tuesday, but I don't have them.  The weirdest part about it is that it just says delivered united states then my zip code in the tracking.  Usually it will say it arrived in denver or something then my town and out for delivery.

I don't really know how to move forward with this problem, as I'm pretty sure something weird happened when my package got to the US, not any fault of the seller, but I can't reasonably be out $50 for items I don't have  :huh:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking says delivered... But it wasn't.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 03:25:12 PM »
Can you contact your local post office and see if it got misplaced or something?  I'm pretty sure there are packages that show up with not quite readable labels all the time.  Maybe that's what happened and they just have it in a back room somewhere waiting for someone to claim it.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 04:42:46 PM »
This has happened to me more times than I want to count and I have have had to send in countless complaints.  So, what has happened in many cases with me is that the item was delivered at the wrong house.  If the person was honest they would take it to the post office and it would be re-mailed to me.  On other occasions it was marked delivered when actually it was missent and that was the mistake of the postal carrier.  In those cases I usually got the item a week or so after they got it back to my area.  Then there is the case of it just flat disappearing and since I am home most days, I get my mail.  I know if something is on my porch or not.  I will chase the postal carrier when they try to leave the neighborhood when I am expecting a package.  I have gotten two boxes this way they say they missed in the truck.  Good thing I am so persistent.  Then things just never show up, the post office has no idea where it is and I have to file a complaint.  The truth is though that I can't file a case with ebay because it shows delivery.  So yea on those days its a bad day because, as a buyer I lose the cost.  The quicker you can notice a package is not where it is supposed to be the better. I signed up for text messages from the USPS to solve this issue. I know when and where and I am there.  Whatever you do take your tracking information to the post office and ask them where it is.  They will look in the back and see if it is still in the post office for you.  I have actually picked up two boxes from the po that said they were delivered but were sitting at my post office.  I have no idea what their problem is. I ordered art from another pony board.  It said it was delivered. I never got it.  Three months later it finally showed up. I have no idea where it had been. :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »
I appreciate the replies, and I do have a happy ending to this, I got my wigs today!  All is well, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for this kind of thing, as that is over a week after the supposed delivery date.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
I just wanna chime in here and say that I've had a lot of packages that I've sold on eBay say delivered and they haven't been. What's happening is the Postal system is reusing old tracking numbers. So this might be part of the problem. All of said packages have arrived but it's still worrisome.

I'm glad you got your wigs. Those things can be expensive.

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 05:15:55 PM »
I'm so happy they arrived safe. Same thing happened to me once. The delivery lady told me my bubble mailer had gotten jammed under the seat of the truck for a week.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal